Subject: Re: [Mgs] Happy Holidays!!!

From: "Team.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 20:17:00 -0500

--===============3978659340375766411==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-4982C3FD-596B-49CB-9DD3-FECEBE768793
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Check Barney Gaylord=E2=80=99s website: mgaguru.com.

> On Dec 25, 2022, at 18:25, dave northrup <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> We have a 59 MGA with an early 5 main MGB engine and an MGA transmission.
> =20
> We are looking to put a 5 speed conversion in it.
> =20
> The body is off.
> =20
> Can we do this (transmission swap) from underneath or do we have to pull t=
he engine/transmission?
> _______________________________________________
>=20
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive
>=20
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/lawrence.swift@gmai=
l.com

--Apple-Mail-4982C3FD-596B-49CB-9DD3-FECEBE768793
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto"><div dir=3D"ltr"></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Che=
ck Barney Gaylord=E2=80=99s website: mgaguru.com.</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br>=
<blockquote type=3D"cite">On Dec 25, 2022, at 18:25, dave northrup &lt;dave@=
ranteer.com&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockquote></div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><=
div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF

<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">=

<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style>@font-face { font-family: "Cambria Math"; }
@font-face { font-family: Calibri; }
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; fon=
t-family: Calibri, sans-serif; }
span.EmailStyle17 { font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: windowtext; }
.MsoChpDefault { font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; }
@page WordSection1 { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 1in; }
div.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1; }</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">We have a 59 MGA with an early 5 main MGB engine and a=
n MGA transmission.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">We are looking to put a 5 speed conversion in it.<o:p=
></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">The body is off.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Can we do this (transmission swap) from underneath or=
 do we have to pull the engine/transmission?<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>

<span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span></span=
><br><span>[email-masked]</span><br><span>Donate: http://www.team.net/do=
nate.html</span><br><span>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br><=
span></span><br><span>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://auto=
x.team.net/archive</span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsubscribe: http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</span><br></div></bl=
ockquote></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-4982C3FD-596B-49CB-9DD3-FECEBE768793--

--===============3978659340375766411==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============3978659340375766411==--

---

From: gordie bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 09:45:23 -0500

--===============5820871295015423582==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_A5686097-61BC-4330-8000-309CEE4373B1"

--Apple-Mail=_A5686097-61BC-4330-8000-309CEE4373B1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I=E2=80=99ve done two of them and pulled the engine in each case.  =
Don=E2=80=99t think a trans can be pulled and replaced with the engine =
in place.

> On Dec 25, 2022, at 8:17 PM, Team.net <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
> Check Barney Gaylord=E2=80=99s website: mgaguru.com =
<http://mgaguru.com/>.
>> We have a 59 MGA with an early 5 main MGB engine and an MGA =
transmission.
>> Can we do this (transmission swap) from underneath or do we have to =
pull the engine/transmission?
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs =
http://autox.team.net/archive
>> Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs =
http://autox.team.net/archive
> Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_A5686097-61BC-4330-8000-309CEE4373B1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">I=E2=80=99ve =
done two of them and pulled the engine in each case. &nbsp;Don=E2=80=99t =
think a trans can be pulled and replaced with the engine in =
place.<br><div><br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div>On Dec 25, 2022, at =
8:17 PM, Team.net &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div><meta charset=3D"UTF-8"><div =
dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"></div><div dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;">Check Barney Gaylord=E2=80=99s website:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/">mgaguru.com</a>.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br><blockquote =
type=3D"cite">On Dec 25, 2022, at 18:25, dave northrup =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockquote></div><blockquote =
type=3D"cite" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><div =
dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF<div class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: =
WordSection1;"><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; font-family: =
Calibri, sans-serif;">We have a 59 MGA with an early 5 main MGB engine =
and an MGA transmission.<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">We are looking to =
put a 5 speed conversion in it.<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: =
0in; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">The body is =
off.<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif;">Can we do this (transmission swap) from underneath or do we =
have to pull the =
engine/transmission?<o:p></o:p></div></div><span>_________________________=
______________________</span><br><span></span><br><span>[email-masked]=
</span><br><span>Donate: =
donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br><span></span><br><span>Archive: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs =
http://autox.team.net/archive</span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsubscribe=
:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a></=
span><br></div></blockquote><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">[email-masked]</a><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">Suggested annual donation =
&nbsp;$12.75</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a><span style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;"><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">Unsubscribe:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><=
/div></blockquote></div><br></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_A5686097-61BC-4330-8000-309CEE4373B1--

--===============5820871295015423582==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5820871295015423582==--