Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA exhaust

From: Charley Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 19:59:41 -0400

--===============5188855937574772990==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_72682A21-0A8F-42D6-9556-138A2FE9D81F"

--Apple-Mail=_72682A21-0A8F-42D6-9556-138A2FE9D81F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

Dave,

I don=E2=80=99t know the answer to your question but I had been told =
when I planned to put an MGB engine in an MGA that it would require a =
special header to avoid interference with the steering shaft. In =
preparation for my project I had purchased such a header. I have since =
sold both the MGA and the MGB engine separately but still have the =
header. If you are interested its available for $100. I'm in RI.

Charley Robinson

> On Sep 10, 2022, at 4:22 PM, dave northrup <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> I recently acquired a 59 MGA with an MGB engine.  The exhaust pipe and =
muffler need to be replaced.
> =20
> Not sure how to tell if it has an mga exhaust manifold or an mgb =
manifold or how to tell the difference.
> =20
> I found an MGA stainless steel exhaust pipe and muffler at a really =
good price.  Will if fit?
> _______________________________________________
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs =
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs> http://autox.team.net/archive =
<http://autox.team.net/archive>
>=20
> Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_72682A21-0A8F-42D6-9556-138A2FE9D81F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Dave,<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">I =
don=E2=80=99t know the answer to your question but I had been told when =
I planned to put an MGB engine in an MGA that it would require a special =
header to avoid interference with the steering shaft. In preparation for =
my project I had purchased such a header. I have since sold both the MGA =
and the MGB engine separately but still have the header. If you are =
interested its available for $100. I'm in RI.</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""><div class=3D"">
<div>Charley Robinson<br class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">

</div>
<div><br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Sep 10, 2022, at 4:22 PM, dave northrup &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><meta =
charset=3D"UTF-8" class=3D""><div class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: =
WordSection1; caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif;" class=3D"">I recently acquired a 59 MGA with an MGB =
engine.&nbsp; The exhaust pipe and muffler need to be replaced.<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;" class=3D"">Not sure how to tell if it =
has an mga exhaust manifold or an mgb manifold or how to tell the =
difference.<o:p class=3D""></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;" class=3D"">I found an MGA stainless =
steel exhaust pipe and muffler at a really good price.&nbsp; Will if =
fit?<o:p class=3D""></o:p></div></div><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Suggested =
annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 16px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]<=
/a></div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_72682A21-0A8F-42D6-9556-138A2FE9D81F--

--===============5188855937574772990==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5188855937574772990==--