Subject: [Mgs] 3RD Brake Light

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 18:14:49 -0800

--===============8162908531809036483==

--0000000000001afd6c05d7500da3

Just finished installation of a used Volvo 3rd brake light in my MGB GT.
Somewhat easy installation because of an article in the latest Tech Issue
of MG Driver (Jan/Feb) by Simon Dix of the St Louis MG club.  The article
explains how he mounted a used Volvo V70 third brake light.  It's very
bright which should help safety wise.  People these days are used to seeing
a higher up third brake light.  This one is mounted right on the hatch
frame at the top of the glass with double sticky tape.  MGs are relatively
small vehicles today, even compared to a Honda Civic.  When you step on the
brakes, you need to be seen.  It's getting dark here in San Bernardino,  I
think I'll take the MG on a food run.
Mike MacLean
69 MGB GT
60 Bugeye
56 Austin Healey BN2 LeMans

--0000000000001afd6c05d7500da3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Just finished installation of a used Volvo 3rd brake ligh=
t in my MGB GT.=C2=A0 Somewhat easy installation because of an article in t=
he latest Tech Issue of MG Driver (Jan/Feb) by Simon Dix of the St Louis MG=
 club.=C2=A0 The article explains how he mounted a used Volvo V70 third bra=
ke light.=C2=A0 It&#39;s very bright which should help safety wise.=C2=A0 P=
eople these days are used to seeing a higher up third brake light.=C2=A0 Th=
is one is mounted right on the hatch frame at the top of the glass with dou=
ble sticky tape.=C2=A0 MGs are relatively small vehicles today, even compar=
ed to a Honda Civic.=C2=A0 When you step on the brakes, you need to be seen=
.=C2=A0 It&#39;s getting dark here in San Bernardino,=C2=A0 I think I&#39;l=
l take the MG on a food run.=C2=A0=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto">Mike MacLean</div=
><div dir=3D"auto">69 MGB GT</div><div dir=3D"auto">60 Bugeye</div><div dir=
=3D"auto">56 Austin Healey BN2 LeMans</div></div>

--0000000000001afd6c05d7500da3--

--===============8162908531809036483==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============8162908531809036483==--

---

From: Robert's New iPad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 07:25:55 -0500

Good on you for doing that.  Installation of 3rd brake light brings somewhat greater peace of mind to driver of the MGB, and we like to think it helps to keep our cars on the road.
	I did as you, with generic LED unit, some years ago. Now that we have more and better choices, a larger one may take its place.
	A previous DPO replaced fenders and did not install the side lamps.  While I have never thought they were things of beauty, a benefit to having them, on front at least, is that they can be wired into turn signal flashers. 
Bob

> On Feb 5, 2022, at 9:14 PM, Michael MacLean <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Just finished installation of a used Volvo 3rd brake light in my MGB GT.  Somewhat easy installation because of an article in the latest Tech Issue of MG Driver (Jan/Feb) by Simon Dix of the St Louis MG club.  The article explains how he mounted a used Volvo V70 third brake light.  It's very bright which should help safety wise.  People these days are used to seeing a higher up third brake light.  This one is mounted right on the hatch frame at the top of the glass with double sticky tape.  MGs are relatively small vehicles today, even compared to a Honda Civic.  When you step on the brakes, you need to be seen.  It's getting dark here in San Bernardino,  I think I'll take the MG on a food run.  
> Mike MacLean
> 69 MGB GT
> 60 Bugeye
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> 
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]