Subject: [Mgs] MGA Clutch hydraulics

From: Dale Katzfey <[email-masked]> xtgzEo5ltR7Orb7Y9DxPYQ6LQvFm/87rqqCya0Xp9QPAe6MKva1X4RWukrgU23RmkfvEI2D7o/O22A==
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:25:18 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0282289627796204743==
 boundary="------------9xaR70ve7vU6agsoScs37t0N"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------9xaR70ve7vU6agsoScs37t0N
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

This MGA has a single reservoir.  The brake side is working, the clutch 
side is not.  I can not get any pressure pumping the pedal.  Here is 
what I/'/ve tried so far:

1. Changed out the tubing from the master

2. Got a little fluid out when I cracked the tubing at the master. Fluid 
kind of spit.

3. Got a little fluid out when I cracked at the other end of the tubing

4. Fluid in reservoir did not drop when pumping.

5. Took the master out and checked the rubber parts all seemed to be in 
order.

6. Covered the output of the reservoir and I could not push the shaft in.

7. Took the master cover off and looked to see if there was something 
stopping the fluid from entering the cylinder.  Both sides looked the same.

8. Reinstalled the master and no pressure still.

Any other ideas?  I think that the fluid id not getting into the 
cylinder, but I don't know why.

--------------9xaR70ve7vU6agsoScs37t0N
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>This MGA has a single reservoir.  The brake side is working, the
      clutch side is not.  I can not get any pressure pumping the
      pedal.  Here is what I<i>'</i>ve tried so far:</p>
    <p>1. Changed out the tubing from the master <br>
    </p>
    <p>2. Got a little fluid out when I cracked the tubing at the
      master. Fluid kind of spit.<br>
    </p>
    <p>3. Got a little fluid out when I cracked at the other end of the
      tubing</p>
    <p>4. Fluid in reservoir did not drop when pumping.</p>
    <p>5. Took the master out and checked the rubber parts all seemed to
      be in order.</p>
    <p>6. Covered the output of the reservoir and I could not push the
      shaft in.  <br>
    </p>
    <p>7. Took the master cover off and looked to see if there was
      something stopping the fluid from entering the cylinder.  Both
      sides looked the same.</p>
    <p>8. Reinstalled the master and no pressure still.</p>
    <p>Any other ideas?  I think that the fluid id not getting into the
      cylinder, but I don't know why.  <br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>
--------------9xaR70ve7vU6agsoScs37t0N--

--===============0282289627796204743==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============0282289627796204743==--

---

From: PaulHunt73 <[email-masked]> 6sx2qfOlWqCkuM1uMEQKOkY58nQP6nHQXqXhZznXikx8AbR4WeB8Hqi0tHyrUZ8sDcIAMxvAoY9bLaQgyEiMm+6bL1qnZnaSQx4=
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:57:26 +0000

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2591923052353852967==
 boundary="------------Fh6LCc5uG8WBmoPnuwabLI70"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------Fh6LCc5uG8WBmoPnuwabLI70
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I don't know the MGA single master system but the MGB masters have a 
very small bypass port leading from the reservoir into the cylinder.  If 
that's blocked then fluid won't be able to fill the cylinder, and only 
spitting if the clutch pipe is removed does tend to indicate that.

Also with the MGB you can reverse-fill/bleed the system from the slave 
bleed port either with an EeziBleed on that or by connecting the caliper 
and that port.  In the latter case open both bleed ports and use brake 
pedal pressure gently to see if you can push fluid up into the reservoir.

If so then it's probably the pressure seal and/or bore.

PaulH.

This MGA has a single reservoir.  The brake side is working, the clutch 
side is not.  I can not get any pressure pumping the pedal. Here is what 
I/'/ve tried so far:
> 2. Got a little fluid out when I cracked the tubing at the master. 
> Fluid kind of spit.
>
> 5. Took the master out and checked the rubber parts all seemed to be 
> in order.
>
--------------Fh6LCc5uG8WBmoPnuwabLI70
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>I don't know the MGA single master system but the MGB masters
      have a very small bypass port leading from the reservoir into the
      cylinder.  If that's blocked then fluid won't be able to fill the
      cylinder, and only spitting if the clutch pipe is removed does
      tend to indicate that.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Also with the MGB you can reverse-fill/bleed the system from the
      slave bleed port either with an EeziBleed on that or by connecting
      the caliper and that port.  In the latter case open both bleed
      ports and use brake pedal pressure gently to see if you can push
      fluid up into the reservoir.</p>
    <p>If so then it's probably the pressure seal and/or bore.</p>
    <p>PaulH.<br>
    </p>
    This MGA has a single reservoir.  The brake side is working, the
    clutch side is not.  I can not get any pressure pumping the pedal. 
    Here is what I<i>'</i>ve tried so far:
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <p>1. Changed out the tubing from the master <br>
      </p>
      <p>2. Got a little fluid out when I cracked the tubing at the
        master. Fluid kind of spit.<br>
      </p>
      <p>3. Got a little fluid out when I cracked at the other end of
        the tubing</p>
      <p>4. Fluid in reservoir did not drop when pumping.</p>
      <p>5. Took the master out and checked the rubber parts all seemed
        to be in order.</p>
      <p>6. Covered the output of the reservoir and I could not push the
        shaft in.  <br>
      </p>
      <p>7. Took the master cover off and looked to see if there was
        something stopping the fluid from entering the cylinder.  Both
        sides looked the same.</p>
      <p>8. Reinstalled the master and no pressure still.</p>
      <p>Any other ideas?  I think that the fluid id not getting into
        the cylinder, but I don't know why.  <br>
      </p>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>
--------------Fh6LCc5uG8WBmoPnuwabLI70--

--===============2591923052353852967==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2591923052353852967==--