Subject: [Mgs] Gasket Suggestions FuelTank

From: "Osborne, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 19:00:48 +0000

Im replacing the fuel tank and sending unit.  Cork or viton for the sending unit gasket??   I used cork for my B with not issues 

Paul

> Paul Osborne
> Department of Electrical and Computer Eng
> University of Rochester 
> 201 Hopeman Building RC
> Rochester NY 14627
> 
   585-275-5226

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Barney Gaylord <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 16:07:25 -0400

--===============0786001443844812904==
	boundary="=====================_328068859==.ALT"

--=====================_328068859==.ALT

Cork works well.  The holes for screws should be slightly snaller 
than the screws, so you have to push the screws through the holes in 
the cork.  When tightened the cork wil constrict to seal the screw threads.

Ne new Viton gaskets have oversize holes for the screws and will not 
seal on the screw threads.  Moss sells half a dozen nylon washers for 
this hopiunt eh washers wil seal under the screw heads.  That may 
work, but should be unnecessary if you jut use the factory prescribed 
cork gasket.

At 03:00 PM 7/6/2021, Osborne, Paul wrote:
>Im replacing the fuel tank and sending unit.  Cork or viton for the 
>sending unit gasket??   I used cork for my B with not issues
>
>Paul
>
>
> > Paul Osborne
>....

--=====================_328068859==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<font size=3>Cork works well.&nbsp; The holes for screws should be
slightly snaller than the screws, so you have to push the screws through
the holes in the cork.&nbsp; When tightened the cork wil constrict to
seal the screw threads.<br><br>
Ne new Viton gaskets have oversize holes for the screws and will not seal
on the screw threads.&nbsp; Moss sells half a dozen nylon washers for
this hopiunt eh washers wil seal under the screw heads.&nbsp; That may
work, but should be unnecessary if you jut use the factory prescribed
cork gasket.<br><br>
<br>
At 03:00 PM 7/6/2021, Osborne, Paul wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">Im replacing the fuel tank and
sending unit.&nbsp; Cork or viton for the sending unit
gasket??&nbsp;&nbsp; I used cork for my B with not issues <br><br>
Paul<br><br>
<br>
&gt; Paul Osborne<br>
&gt; Department of Electrical and Computer Eng<br>
&gt; University of Rochester <br>
&gt; 201 Hopeman Building RC<br>
&gt; Rochester NY 14627<br>
&gt; 585-275-5226<br>
....</font></blockquote></body>
</html>

--=====================_328068859==.ALT--

--===============0786001443844812904==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0786001443844812904==--