Subject: [Mgs] Rear Chrome Badges

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 14:32:33 -0700

--===============3420179836991581292==

--000000000000afee0a05c6670bfd

Will someone please tell me how to replace the octagon MG chrome logo on
the rear deck lid of my 1969 MGB GT?  Half of the pins that take the speed
nuts are deep behind the sheet metal frame of the rear hatch lid.  I bought
all new badging for this at great expense (it's the MGB GT letters that are
expensive), but I have no access to some of the speed nuts.  It looks like
someone replaced these badges in the past because the pins that are hidden
by inner sheet metal do not look to be held in by anything.  Has anyone
done this successfully besides the factory?
Mike MacLean
1960 MGB GT
60 Bugeye Sprite
56 Austin Healey BN2 LeMans

--000000000000afee0a05c6670bfd
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Will someone please tell me how to replace the octago=
n MG chrome logo on the rear deck lid of my 1969 MGB GT?=C2=A0 Half of the =
pins that take the speed nuts are deep behind the sheet metal frame of the =
rear hatch lid.=C2=A0 I bought all new badging for this at great expense (i=
t&#39;s the MGB GT letters that are expensive), but I have no access to som=
e of the speed nuts.=C2=A0 It looks like someone replaced these badges in t=
he past because the pins that are hidden by inner sheet metal do not look t=
o be held in by anything.=C2=A0 Has anyone done this successfully besides t=
he factory?<br></div><div>Mike MacLean</div><div>1960 MGB GT</div><div>60 B=
ugeye Sprite</div><div>56 Austin Healey BN2 LeMans<br></div></div>

--000000000000afee0a05c6670bfd--

--===============3420179836991581292==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============3420179836991581292==--

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 08:24:47 +0100 xk+7zB/YNrph3sOBKcpfHA2o5pgMhYf3JymBlabcpoqBSthPUJ4pae1Al5WLPU8I7uVGvmjqB0lG6eV+LZ0wTixvDaiPEWFH9Fms26j+Ouy3EwG8cKdG7CuM

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0490580035765523187==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0033_01D77240.61F79D50"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01D77240.61F79D50
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have the later one-piece badge that pushed into plastic sockets not =
the earlier multi-part badging, but isn't access via that panel for =
which you are asking about screws and cup-washers in your subsequent =
post?  It looks to be in the same place as the later badge, and on my 75 =
at least the panel extends right across that area.

In the UK at least the usual suspects for MGB parts have trim fitting =
kits with the screws and cup-washers.

PaulH.

  ----- Original Message -----=20

  Will someone please tell me how to replace the octagon MG chrome logo =
on the rear deck lid of my 1969 MGB GT?  Half of the pins that take the =
speed nuts are deep behind the sheet metal frame of the rear hatch lid.  =
I bought all new badging for this at great expense (it's the MGB GT =
letters that are expensive), but I have no access to some of the speed =
nuts.  It looks like someone replaced these badges in the past because =
the pins that are hidden by inner sheet metal do not look to be held in =
by anything.  Has anyone done this successfully besides the factory?

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01D77240.61F79D50
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I have the later one-piece badge that pushed into plastic sockets =
not the=20
earlier multi-part badging, but isn't access via that panel for which =
you are=20
asking about screws and cup-washers in your subsequent post?&nbsp; It =
looks to=20
be in the same place as the later badge, and on my 75 at least the panel =
extends=20
right across that area.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In the UK at least the usual suspects for MGB parts have trim =
fitting kits=20
with the screws and cup-washers.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PaulH.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>Will someone please tell me how to replace the octagon MG chrome =
logo on=20
  the rear deck lid of my 1969 MGB GT?&nbsp; Half of the pins that take =
the=20
  speed nuts are deep behind the sheet metal frame of the rear hatch =
lid.&nbsp;=20
  I bought all new badging for this at great expense (it's the MGB GT =
letters=20
  that are expensive), but I have no access to some of the speed =
nuts.&nbsp; It=20
  looks like someone replaced these badges in the past because the pins =
that are=20
  hidden by inner sheet metal do not look to be held in by =
anything.&nbsp; Has=20
  anyone done this successfully besides the=20
factory?<BR></DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01D77240.61F79D50--

--===============0490580035765523187==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0490580035765523187==--