Subject: [Mgs] Dashpot Oil

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 13:17:02 -0700

--===============3827365545624403684==

--00000000000092893f05c4d3a888

I watched a recent John Twist video today on fitting H type SU carbs to a T
type MG.  In the video he says to use 90 wt gear oil in the dashpot.  He
also said the lighter oils and ATF that so many people recommend contribute
to the early wear and tear on the carb.  Anyone else using this weight oil
in the carb?  All my life I have been putting 20 wt oil inthe dashpot.
Mike MacLean
1969 MGB GT
1960 Austin Healey Sprite
1956 Austin Healey BN2 LeMans

--00000000000092893f05c4d3a888
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I watched a recent John Twist video today on fitting =
H type SU carbs to a T type MG.=C2=A0 In the video he says to use 90 wt gea=
r oil in the dashpot.=C2=A0 He also said the lighter oils and ATF that so m=
any people recommend contribute to the early wear and tear on the carb.=C2=
=A0 Anyone else using this weight oil in the carb?=C2=A0 All my life I have=
 been putting 20 wt oil inthe dashpot.</div><div>Mike MacLean</div><div>196=
9 MGB GT</div><div>1960 Austin Healey Sprite</div><div>1956 Austin Healey B=
N2 LeMans<br></div></div>

--00000000000092893f05c4d3a888--

--===============3827365545624403684==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============3827365545624403684==--