Subject: [Mgs] Replacement alternator

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:59:21 +0100 InqMnYOTVavclL/nXFkpjj1P2p92XnB9FsrT2N+xKXn8d54ie7MMdH4+

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5385267406406025976==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0072_01D73766.8C604430"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0072_01D73766.8C604430
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yesterday on a friend of a friend's CB MGB. A 'universal' 16/17/18ACR of =
55 amps output and a new belt of the same number that came off - 10900. =
The only way the belt would go on was by fitting it before the mounting =
bolts! With the body sitting on the engine mount there is still at least =
1/2" of movement in the adjuster that can't be used, and with everything =
installed the adjuster has barely moved from the minimum position.

Two other people on the MGOC forum found the same thing, so I suspect =
the body on these is fatter. One was offered alternative belts of 10925 =
and 10950 but not unsurprisingly at the time stayed with the original. =
Maybe the 10925 would be a better bet, I was aware of the 10950 for late =
RBs but felt that might be too big.

PaulH.

------=_NextPart_000_0072_01D73766.8C604430
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,224); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: =
14px/21px verdana; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: =
normal; COLOR: rgb(48,48,48); WORD-SPACING: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Yesterday=20
on a friend of a friend's CB MGB. A 'universal' 16/17/18ACR of 55 amps =
output=20
and a new belt of the same number that came off - 10900. The only way =
the belt=20
would go on was by fitting it before the mounting bolts! With the body =
sitting=20
on the engine mount there is still at least 1/2" of movement in the =
adjuster=20
that can't be used<FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D3>, and with everything =
installed the=20
adjuster has barely moved from the minimum position.</FONT></SPAN><BR=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,224); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; FONT: 14px/21px verdana; =
WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(48,48,48); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><BR=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,224); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; FONT: 14px/21px verdana; =
WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(48,48,48); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,224); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: =
14px/21px verdana; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: =
normal; COLOR: rgb(48,48,48); WORD-SPACING: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Two=20
other people on the MGOC forum found the same thing, so I suspect the =
body on=20
these is fatter. One was offered alternative belts of 10925 and 10950 =
but not=20
unsurprisingly at the time stayed with the original. Maybe the 10925 =
would be a=20
better bet, I was aware of the 10950 for late RBs but felt that might be =
too=20
big.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,224); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: =
14px/21px verdana; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: =
normal; COLOR: rgb(48,48,48); WORD-SPACING: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,224); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: =
14px/21px verdana; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: =
normal; COLOR: rgb(48,48,48); WORD-SPACING: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">PaulH.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0072_01D73766.8C604430--

--===============5385267406406025976==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5385267406406025976==--