Subject: Re: [Mgs] Window regulator restoration

From: Robert's New iPad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:00:46 -0400

--===============5104134381191178634==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-289A623A-BE98-4B08-A192-54AB6CB2AB8C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-289A623A-BE98-4B08-A192-54AB6CB2AB8C
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

   I have heard good things about MacGregor fur-flex and bristle-flex. He is=
 in Ontario, I think. =20
    No personal experience, but my GT is approaching the time to replace it a=
ll, and I would like to know of your experience.=20

> On Oct 21, 2020, at 5:16 PM, Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Hello folks,
>=20
> I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any advice would be=
 appreciated.   The fuzzy stuff in the slides on both side of the glass is m=
ore than sad and obviously needs replacing - but with what?   I was consider=
ing using that slippy plastic Delrin or something better as Delrin does not l=
ike water   There are many options and I will have to find a knowledgeable s=
upplier to supply the right stuff and the right shape.   I am assuming the o=
utside runners can be move in and out to allow glass to slide up an down !!!=
???   Not looking forward to this !!!   Where can I get new ones??
>=20
> Barrie
> MGB GT V8 replica!
> _______________________________________________
>=20
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive
>=20
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-289A623A-BE98-4B08-A192-54AB6CB2AB8C
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div dir="ltr"></div><div dir="ltr">&nbsp; &nbsp;I have heard good things about MacGregor fur-flex and bristle-flex. He is in Ontario, I think. &nbsp;</div><div dir="ltr">&nbsp; &nbsp; No personal experience, but my GT is approaching the time to replace it all, and I would like to know of your experience.&nbsp;</div><div dir="ltr"><br>On Oct 21, 2020, at 5:16 PM, Barrie Robinson &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="ltr">

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello folks,<br>
        <br>
        I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any
        advice would be appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp; The fuzzy stuff in the slides on
        both side of the glass is more than sad and obviously needs
        replacing - but with what?&nbsp;&nbsp; I was considering using that slippy
        plastic Delrin or something better as Delrin does not like
        water&nbsp;&nbsp; There are many options and I will have to find a
        knowledgeable supplier to supply the right stuff and the right
        shape.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am assuming the outside runners can be move in and
        out to allow glass to slide up an down !!!???&nbsp;&nbsp; Not looking
        forward to this !!!&nbsp;&nbsp;<i> Where can I get new ones</i>??<br>
        <br>
        Barrie<br>
        MGB GT V8 replica!<br>
      </font></font>

</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="ltr"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span></span><br><span><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br><span></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsubscribe: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-289A623A-BE98-4B08-A192-54AB6CB2AB8C--

--===============5104134381191178634==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5104134381191178634==--

---

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 21:11:50 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3714934558273185156==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_006D_01D6A7EE.CBA71C70"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01D6A7EE.CBA71C70
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Martin macgregor is a great person and makes really great products.  I =
have purchased from him several times.  Highly recommended.

=20

From: Mgs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Robert's New iPad
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 6:01 PM
To: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Cc: MGB List <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Window regulator restoration

=20

   I have heard good things about MacGregor fur-flex and bristle-flex. =
He is in Ontario, I think. =20

    No personal experience, but my GT is approaching the time to replace =
it all, and I would like to know of your experience.=20

On Oct 21, 2020, at 5:16 PM, Barrie Robinson <[email-masked] =

Hello folks,

I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any advice would =
be appreciated.   The fuzzy stuff in the slides on both side of the =
glass is more than sad and obviously needs replacing - but with what?   =
I was considering using that slippy plastic Delrin or something better =
as Delrin does not like water   There are many options and I will have =
to find a knowledgeable supplier to supply the right stuff and the right =
shape.   I am assuming the outside runners can be move in and out to =
allow glass to slide up an down !!!???   Not looking forward to this !!! =
  Where can I get new ones??

Barrie
MGB GT V8 replica!

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01D6A7EE.CBA71C70
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Martin macgregor is a great =
person and makes really great products.=C2=A0 I have purchased from him =
several times.=C2=A0 Highly recommended.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Mgs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Robert's New =
iPad<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, October 21, 2020 6:01 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
Barrie Robinson &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> MGB List =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Mgs] Window regulator =
restoration<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; =
&nbsp;I have heard good things about MacGregor fur-flex and =
bristle-flex. He is in Ontario, I think. =
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; &nbsp; No =
personal experience, but my GT is approaching the time to replace it =
all, and I would like to know of your =
experience.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>On Oct 21, 2020, at 5:16 PM, Barrie =
Robinson &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Hello =
folks,<br><br>I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any =
advice would be appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp; The fuzzy stuff in the slides =
on both side of the glass is more than sad and obviously needs replacing =
- but with what?&nbsp;&nbsp; I was considering using that slippy plastic =
Delrin or something better as Delrin does not like water&nbsp;&nbsp; =
There are many options and I will have to find a knowledgeable supplier =
to supply the right stuff and the right shape.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am assuming =
the outside runners can be move in and out to allow glass to slide up an =
down !!!???&nbsp;&nbsp; Not looking forward to this !!!&nbsp;&nbsp;<i> =
Where can I get new ones</i>??<br><br>Barrie<br>MGB GT V8 =
replica!</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>_______________________________________________<br><br>=
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Donate: =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/=
mgs</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
br><br>Unsubscribe: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http:=
//autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p><=
/div></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_006D_01D6A7EE.CBA71C70--

--===============3714934558273185156==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3714934558273185156==--

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 08:29:26 +0100 aravX6RfXPqsaQYcLcUcmTVgPuFfR/Bhc8B65uDu+1e1WHtSslPJ8uWHpXunnVX6zTxhq+HNEsMLAA==

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6122179343135265199==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D6A84D.73F14C30"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D6A84D.73F14C30
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Felt inserts seem to be available from the usual suspects, UK at least.

Yes the rear runners can be moved in and out of engagement with the =
glass, and having them too close does make the drop-glass stiff.  You =
can tell if it's the drop-glass and runners that need work or the =
regulator itself by positioning the glass mid-way, then grasping the =
glass and manually lifting it up and down through its free play, and =
winding the handle back and fore through what should be free play, and =
see whether one is significantly stiffer than the other.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any advice =
would be appreciated.   The fuzzy stuff in the slides on both side of =
the glass is more than sad and obviously needs replacing - but with =
what?   I was considering using that slippy plastic Delrin or something =
better as Delrin does not like water   There are many options and I will =
have to find a knowledgeable supplier to supply the right stuff and the =
right shape.   I am assuming the outside runners can be move in and out =
to allow glass to slide up an down !!!???   Not looking forward to this =
!!!   Where can I get new ones??

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D6A84D.73F14C30
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8" http-equiv=3Dcontent-type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Felt inserts seem to be available from the usual =
suspects, UK=20
at least.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yes the rear runners can be moved in and out of =
engagement=20
with the glass, and having them too close does make the drop-glass =
stiff.&nbsp;=20
You can tell if it's the drop-glass and runners that need work or the =
regulator=20
itself by positioning the glass mid-way, then grasping the glass and =
manually=20
lifting it up and down through its free play, and winding the handle =
back and=20
fore through what should be free play, and see whether one is =
significantly=20
stiffer than the other.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV><FONT=20
  size=3D-1><FONT face=3DArial><BR>I am trying to restore my MGB GT =
window=20
  regulators and any advice would be appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp; The fuzzy =
stuff in=20
  the slides on both side of the glass is more than sad and obviously =
needs=20
  replacing - but with what?&nbsp;&nbsp; I was considering using that =
slippy=20
  plastic Delrin or something better as Delrin does not like =
water&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  There are many options and I will have to find a knowledgeable =
supplier to=20
  supply the right stuff and the right shape.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am assuming =
the=20
  outside runners can be move in and out to allow glass to slide up an =
down=20
  !!!???&nbsp;&nbsp; Not looking forward to this !!!&nbsp;&nbsp;<I> =
Where can I=20
  get new ones</I>??<BR></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D6A84D.73F14C30--

--===============6122179343135265199==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6122179343135265199==--

---

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 09:08:39 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8379992310283191708==
 boundary="------------3F9295BE88CAC474114E06CE"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3F9295BE88CAC474114E06CE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Sorry folks !    I leapt before I looked.   The right stuff is available 
from Moss and others. But I will also pursue the slippy plastic idea 
just for savage fun.

Cheers
Barrie

On 10/21/2020 5:16 PM, Barrie Robinson wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any advice 
> would be appreciated.   The fuzzy stuff in the slides on both side of 
> the glass is more than sad and obviously needs replacing - but with 
> what?   I was considering using that slippy plastic Delrin or 
> something better as Delrin does not like water   There are many 
> options and I will have to find a knowledgeable supplier to supply the 
> right stuff and the right shape.   I am assuming the outside runners 
> can be move in and out to allow glass to slide up an down !!!???   Not 
> looking forward to this !!! /Where can I get new ones/??
>
> Barrie
> MGB GT V8 replica!
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--------------3F9295BE88CAC474114E06CE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Sorry folks !    I leapt before I
        looked.   The right stuff is available from Moss and others.  
        But I will also pursue the slippy plastic idea just for savage
        fun.<br>
        <br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/21/2020 5:16 PM, Barrie Robinson
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello folks,<br>
          <br>
          I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any
          advice would be appreciated.   The fuzzy stuff in the slides
          on both side of the glass is more than sad and obviously needs
          replacing - but with what?   I was considering using that
          slippy plastic Delrin or something better as Delrin does not
          like water   There are many options and I will have to find a
          knowledgeable supplier to supply the right stuff and the right
          shape.   I am assuming the outside runners can be move in and
          out to allow glass to slide up an down !!!???   Not looking
          forward to this !!!  <i> Where can I get new ones</i>??<br>
          <br>
          Barrie<br>
          MGB GT V8 replica!<br>
        </font></font> <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3F9295BE88CAC474114E06CE--

--===============8379992310283191708==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8379992310283191708==--