Subject: [Mgs] Dash gauges dimmer

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 13:32:12 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3295091525205387894==
 boundary="------------3A3481AFDDBFFE8482C97FD6"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3A3481AFDDBFFE8482C97FD6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello folks,

I have put in a SpeedHut LED tach and a speedo as my MGB GT V8 is 
definitely a non-standard 'user' as opposed to an original. Thus I will 
have two dimmer rheostats (LEDs do not like incandescent dimming)  My 
problem is that the dimmer switch for the SpeedHut gauges does not have 
along enough threaded bit to fit through a 1/4" thick dash.   I can 
crush the pad in the dash a bit but nowhere enough.  So I thought a 
rheostat with a long thread would work but I cannot finds any with a 
long threaded bit.   Incidentally the SpeedHuts require an inverter 
which is then controlled by a rheostat - thus two rheostats.  Any ideas 
folks ?

Cheers
Barrie

--------------3A3481AFDDBFFE8482C97FD6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello folks,<br>
        <br>
        I have put in a SpeedHut LED tach and a speedo as my MGB GT V8
        is definitely a non-standard 'user' as opposed to an original.  
        Thus I will have two dimmer rheostats (LEDs do not like
        incandescent dimming)  My problem is that the dimmer switch for
        the SpeedHut gauges does not have along enough threaded bit to
        fit through a 1/4" thick dash.   I can crush the pad in the dash
        a bit but nowhere enough.  So I thought a rheostat with a long
        thread would work but I cannot finds any with a long threaded
        bit.   Incidentally the SpeedHuts require an inverter which is
        then controlled by a rheostat - thus two rheostats.  Any ideas
        folks ?<br>
        <br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
      </font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3A3481AFDDBFFE8482C97FD6--

--===============3295091525205387894==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============3295091525205387894==--