Subject: [Mgs] 3rd Brakelight on GT

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 22:17:49 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5635251843945814454==
	boundary="----=_Part_3447964_1703618496.1597702669397"

------=_Part_3447964_1703618496.1597702669397
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Anyone installed a third brakelight on an MGB GT?=C2=A0 Pictures?=C2=A0 Sch=
ematics?Mike MacLean69 MGB GT60 Bugeye56 BN2 LeMans

------=_Part_3447964_1703618496.1597702669397
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Anyone installed a third brakelight on an MGB GT?&nbsp; Pictures?&nbsp; Schematics?</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Mike MacLean</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">69 MGB GT</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">60 Bugeye</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">56 BN2 LeMans<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_3447964_1703618496.1597702669397--

--===============5635251843945814454==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5635251843945814454==--

---

From: robincamblin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:21:24 -0500

--===============5644310827525368981==

----_com.samsung.android.email_3758158943193070
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

ClllcywgMjQuOTUgb2ZmIEFtYXpvbiBlYXN5IHdpcmluZ2ludG8gZXhpc3RpbmcgaGFybmVzcy5S
b2IgQ2FtYmxpbsKgU2VudCBmcm9tIG15IFNhbXN1bmcgR2FsYXh5IHNtYXJ0cGhvbmUuCi0tLS0t
LS0tIE9yaWdpbmFsIG1lc3NhZ2UgLS0tLS0tLS1Gcm9tOiBNaWNoYWVsIE1hY0xlYW4gPHJyZW5n
aW5lZXIubWlrZUBhdHQubmV0PiBEYXRlOiA4LzE3LzIwICA1OjE4IFBNICAoR01ULTA2OjAwKSBU
bzogTUdCIExpc3QgPG1nc0BhdXRveC50ZWFtLm5ldD4gU3ViamVjdDogW01nc10gM3JkIEJyYWtl
bGlnaHQgb24gR1QgQW55b25lIGluc3RhbGxlZCBhIHRoaXJkIGJyYWtlbGlnaHQgb24gYW4gTUdC
IEdUP8KgIFBpY3R1cmVzP8KgIFNjaGVtYXRpY3M/TWlrZSBNYWNMZWFuNjkgTUdCIEdUNjAgQnVn
ZXllNTYgQk4yIExlTWFucw==

----_com.samsung.android.email_3758158943193070
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_3758158943193070--

--===============5644310827525368981==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5644310827525368981==--

---

From: "Douglas McKinnie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 22:58:46 -0400

--===============0557364939960243159==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<body>
<div style=3D"font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:=
 8pt; color: #000000;">
No photos since I've since removed the light(s), but I had "twin" aux bra=
ke lights on my GT for years -- when I lived near Nashville I found that =
people driving lifted pickup trucks would forget that I was in front of t=
hem at stoplights and decide to decrease the "gap" to the visible car in =
front, so I wanted something bright as high as I could possibly get it.
<br />
<br />An electronics surplus catalog had something cheap very similar to =
this:
<br /><a href=3D"https://www.amazon.com/PerfecTech-Auomotive-Mount-Third-=
Brake/dp/B019TRZR0W">https://www.amazon.com/PerfecTech-Auomotive-Mount-Th=
ird-Brake/dp/B019TRZR0W</a>
<br />
<br />So I stuck one on each side of the hatch above the window (outside,=
 right to the paint) with double-sided tape. The very thin wires ran unde=
r the weatherstrip rubber just fine, and I extended them with 18AWG speak=
er wire, the ground to secure with a crimp ring that was under one of the=
 side-window latch screws on each side, and the 'live' connected to the h=
arneess at the brake light connection.
<div>
  <br />
</div>
<div>I've been getting water leaking into the back hatch area, so I remov=
ed them in case they were disturbing the rubber enough to create a leak.&=
nbsp;
  <br />
  <br />They were very effective, but very obviously non-stock.&nbsp;
</div>

<br>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--===============0557364939960243159==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0557364939960243159==--