Subject: [Mgs] Seat Belts

From: Frank Krajewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 11:46:00 -0400

Finally woke my 1980 MGBLE from a long slumber  and took it for a shake 
down cruise. All is well except the driver's side side belt has lost its 
tension. It just unfurls but does not provide any protection. I remember 
a recall many years ago that was administered by Jaguar. I  submitted 
all the required info and was promised replacements which have never 
arrived. Is there a fix for this problem or are there original 
replacement belts available?

Frank Krajewski

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Lundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 10:01:50 -0600

--===============4049377673340161301==

--000000000000cd2b6105adb5d214

I bought a securon set last year. They don't look exactly the same, but do
the job well enough.

I think moss has a few options as well.

--
Andrew

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 9:46 AM Frank Krajewski <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000cd2b6105adb5d214
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I bought a securon set last year. They don&#39;t look exac=
tly the same, but do the job well enough.<div><br></div><div>I think moss h=
as a few options as well.</div><div><br></div><div>--</div><div>Andrew</div=
></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr"=
>On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 9:46 AM Frank Krajewski &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fran=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote =
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px sol=
id rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Finally woke my 1980 MGBLE from a lon=
g slumber=C2=A0 and took it for a shake <br>
down cruise. All is well except the driver&#39;s side side belt has lost it=
s <br>
tension. It just unfurls but does not provide any protection. I remember <b=
r>
a recall many years ago that was administered by Jaguar. I=C2=A0 submitted =
<br>
all the required info and was promised replacements which have never <br>
arrived. Is there a fix for this problem or are there original <br>
replacement belts available?<br>
<br>
Frank Krajewski<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]<=
/a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" rel=3D"noreferrer" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a href=3D"http://au=
tox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/lundgren@=
byu.net" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman=
/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000cd2b6105adb5d214--

--===============4049377673340161301==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4049377673340161301==--

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 08:32:50 +0100 zE+j89FHnHTPaGb4N5aE72e48ZgDQmrUdh2QUuMLnC7od+n8LpmqOcYHeiDFXNuwXeiyjdG/LFarPw==

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1361214761797433316==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0032_01D67B83.7BD028A0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01D67B83.7BD028A0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Didn't get the original of this (which happens from time to time) but =
seat belts can have two methods of locking.  One is when the car tilts =
or decelerates more than a certain amount, the other is if the belt is =
yanked out of the reel fast enough, and not all belts have both.

You have to be careful with replacements - the length of the tunnel =
piece can vary as there were two mounting positions several inches =
apart, and they can be either belts in a plastic sheath (original in =
some years), stiff steel cable in a plastic sheath (later and better), =
but the worst are plain belts where the buckle can drop out of sight. =20

Some reels are advertised as being suitable for mounting at any angle as =
they have adjusters on them to ensure the belts lock correctly, which =
they do, but need special brackets on the MGB especially on top of the =
arches in a GT.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
    Finally woke my 1980 MGBLE from a long slumber  and took it for a =
shake=20
    down cruise. All is well except the driver's side side belt has lost =
its=20
    tension. It just unfurls but does not provide any protection. I =
remember=20
    a recall many years ago that was administered by Jaguar. I  =
submitted=20
    all the required info and was promised replacements which have never =

    arrived. Is there a fix for this problem or are there original=20
    replacement belts available?

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01D67B83.7BD028A0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Didn't get the original of this (which happens from =
time to=20
time) but seat belts can have two methods of locking.&nbsp; One is when =
the car=20
tilts or decelerates more than a certain amount, the other is if the =
belt is=20
yanked out of the reel fast enough, and not all belts have =
both.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>You have to be careful with replacements - the =
length of the=20
tunnel piece can vary as there were two mounting positions several =
inches apart,=20
and they can be either belts in a plastic sheath (original in some =
years), stiff=20
steel cable in a plastic sheath (later and better), but the worst are =
plain=20
belts where the buckle can drop out of sight.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Some reels are advertised as being suitable for =
mounting at=20
any angle as they have adjusters on them to ensure the belts lock =
correctly,=20
which they do, but need special brackets on the MGB especially on top of =
the=20
arches in a GT.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV class=3Dgmail_quote>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px =
0.8ex; PADDING-LEFT: 1ex"=20
  class=3Dgmail_quote>Finally woke my 1980 MGBLE from a long =
slumber&nbsp; and=20
    took it for a shake <BR>down cruise. All is well except the driver's =
side=20
    side belt has lost its <BR>tension. It just unfurls but does not =
provide any=20
    protection. I remember <BR>a recall many years ago that was =
administered by=20
    Jaguar. I&nbsp; submitted <BR>all the required info and was promised =

    replacements which have never <BR>arrived. Is there a fix for this =
problem=20
    or are there original <BR>replacement belts=20
available?<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01D67B83.7BD028A0--

--===============1361214761797433316==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1361214761797433316==--