Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA engine fan (was: Oil Filter Cannister)

From: Eric Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 14:19:55 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1300476722169064730==
 boundary="------------966E3C4755D13735D439798B"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------966E3C4755D13735D439798B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101.htm
<http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101.htm>

Specifically: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101b.htm 
<http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101b.htm>

<quote>Depending on car model and production date, the fan originally 
could have been black, red, or yellow. Some very early production 1500s 
may have had black fan. Otherwise the engine was painted in complete 
assembly including the fan, resulting in the fan being dark red. A lot 
of Twin Cams, especially 1500 body types, had black fan. There are 
reports of some early 1600s having either red or black fan. Sometime 
likely during 1959 production year, the fan was painted yellow to 
satisfy new safety standards, and all later cars should have yellow fan 
as original.</quote>

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
> Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 13:34:19 -0500
> From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Mgs] Oil Filter Cannister
> Which brings me next to the fan.  It is black in that picture.  Further
> study of the pictures in the book indicate, at least to me, that the 1500
> engines had a black fan and the 1600 engines yellow.  Does that sound right?

--------------966E3C4755D13735D439798B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p><a href="http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101.htm">http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101.htm
        <br>
      </a></p>
    <p>Specifically: <a
        href="http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101b.htm">http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/paint/pt101b.htm</a>
      <br>
    </p>
    <p>&lt;quote&gt;<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
        &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-size: medium; font-style:
        normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
        normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2;
        text-align: justify; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
        white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;
        -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255,
        255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
        initial; display: inline !important; float: none;">Depending on
        car model and production date, the fan originally could have
        been black, red, or yellow. Some very early production 1500s may
        have had black fan. Otherwise the engine was painted in complete
        assembly including the fan, resulting in the fan being dark red.
        A lot of Twin Cams, especially 1500 body types, had black fan.
        There are reports of some early 1600s having either red or black
        fan. Sometime likely during 1959 production year, the fan was
        painted yellow to satisfy new safety standards, and all later
        cars should have yellow fan as original.&lt;/quote&gt; <br>
      </span></p>
    Eric Russell<br>
    Mebane, NC <br>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 13:34:19 -0500
From: "dave" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
To: <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
Subject: [Mgs] Oil Filter Cannister
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Which brings me next to the fan.  It is black in that picture.  Further
study of the pictures in the book indicate, at least to me, that the 1500
engines had a black fan and the 1600 engines yellow.  Does that sound right?
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------966E3C4755D13735D439798B--

--===============1300476722169064730==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============1300476722169064730==--