Subject: [Mgs] MGA fuel system

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 21:39:07 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7731671107139087862==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D67803.8140C930"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D67803.8140C930
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Trying to understand the MGA fuel system.

It appears that the gas cap does a pretty good job of sealing the gas tank.

So when the fuel pump sucks gas from the tank and pushes it into the
carburetors, where does the air come from to fill the void left by the
departed gasoline?

I don't see an air inlet anywhere.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D67803.8140C930
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Trying to understand the MGA fuel =
system.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>It appears that the gas cap does a pretty good job of =
sealing the gas tank.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So when the =
fuel pump sucks gas from the tank and pushes it into the carburetors, =
where does the air come from to fill the void left by the departed =
gasoline?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I don&#8217;t see an air inlet =
anywhere.<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D67803.8140C930--

--===============7731671107139087862==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============7731671107139087862==--