Subject: [Mgs] '74 MGB ignition switch?

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 18:47:15 -0600

How difficult is it to replace just the electrical portion of a 1974 MGB 
ignition switch?  If I ever did the task while working at Bailey's I 
don't remember anything about it, and I don't have any MGB repair 
manuals in my collection.

Not my car, working on one for a fellow British Motor Club of Utah 
member, a younger guy who recently became infatuated with these cars.  
Wondering if someone of his modest skill level can do the task himself.  
I did the hard part, diagnosing the problem and tracking it down to the 
switch.  Sometimes having decades of experience is a big benefit.

mjb.

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 08:32:36 +0100 o+ESwr/91a76Tpp8fU9gKR+Kn7AEP0je3u6oKgtxd/B94Ui+pPEWBaFsEgfDqdHaLILAxvclae7XEg==

On a UK 73 there is a small grub-screw visible with the column in-situ and 
that holds the switch in, see http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/slock4.jpg, 
and that takes seconds.

However I suspect you will have a different column, but from pictures 
Googled it looks like the screw is facing the driver once the cowl is 
removed.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
> ignition switch? 

[email-masked]