Subject: [Mgs] Oil Filter Cannister

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 13:34:19 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8329010994712987873==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0053_01D66D88.9F778B80"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01D66D88.9F778B80
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

There seems to be some diverse opinion as to the correct color, but I think
all agree that red engine color cannot be considered incorrect.

On page 17 of Original MGA by Clausager shows a bodyless car and the
cannister is definitely engine color.

On a personal note I think it would look better if a different/contrasting
color, but I'm trying to be relatively correct.  This page:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/of1.htm  shows a blue one.

Which brings me next to the fan.  It is black in that picture.  Further
study of the pictures in the book indicate, at least to me, that the 1500
engines had a black fan and the 1600 engines yellow.  Does that sound right?

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01D66D88.9F778B80
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>There seems to be some diverse opinion as to the =
correct color, but I think all agree that red engine color cannot be =
considered incorrect.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>On page 17 =
of Original MGA by Clausager shows a bodyless car and the cannister is =
definitely engine color.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>On a =
personal note I think it would look better if a different/contrasting =
color, but I&#8217;m trying to be relatively correct.&nbsp; This page: =
<a =
href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/of1.htm">http://mgaguru.com/mgte=
ch/engine/of1.htm</a>&nbsp; shows a blue one.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Which brings =
me next to the fan.&nbsp; It is black in that picture.&nbsp; Further =
study of the pictures in the book indicate, at least to me, that the =
1500 engines had a black fan and the 1600 engines yellow.&nbsp; Does =
that sound right?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0053_01D66D88.9F778B80--

--===============8329010994712987873==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============8329010994712987873==--