Subject: [Mgs] maybe to save others some time and frustration

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 21:18:39 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1955699233257168727==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0008_01D67412.D162BA30"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D67412.D162BA30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'm redoing a 56 MGA.  Slowly. 

Had to put in new rebound straps in the rear.  The old ones were, well,
shredded is the best description I can come up with.

I ordered new ones from https://www.bpnorthwest.com/ which is good
considering the flack coming from Barney Gaylord's site about the parts Moss
was selling.

Since the car was on a lift, I was unable to attach them easily, and figured
all I had to do was drop the lift down with a pair of ramps to catch the
rear wheels.  Then the suspension would compress, and voila!  I could
install the straps.

NO GOOD!!!!!  Checked on Barney's site, and he said all you had to do was
fully load the suspension and it was no problem to install the straps.
Couldn't figure out what the problem was; thought of putting some sand bags
in the trunk to maybe compress it some more.  Or maybe use some tie down
ratchet straps to pull the frame and the suspension together.  Maybe loosen
the rear u bolts to let the leaf springs come up a bit???

I was baffled.

My (grown) son came over today to help me.  that's when I had an epiphany.
Maybe I need to load the WHOLE suspension!!  Grabbed another pair of ramps
for the front, lowered the lift, and wow!  Then with my son sitting in the
trunk I had tons of room to put the rebound straps in.  easy peasy!!!!

Obviously I'm not bragging.  Just thought I would share my experience to
save others from the frustration I went through.  

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D67412.D162BA30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;m redoing a 56 MGA.&nbsp; Slowly. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Had to put in new rebound straps in the rear.&nbsp; =
The old ones were, well, shredded is the best description I can come up =
with.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I ordered new ones from <a =
href=3D"https://www.bpnorthwest.com/">https://www.bpnorthwest.com/</a> =
which is good considering the flack coming from Barney Gaylord&#8217;s =
site about the parts Moss was selling.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Since the =
car was on a lift, I was unable to attach them easily, and figured all I =
had to do was drop the lift down with a pair of ramps to catch the rear =
wheels.&nbsp; Then the suspension would compress, and voila!&nbsp; I =
could install the straps.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>NO =
GOOD!!!!!&nbsp; Checked on Barney&#8217;s site, and he said all you had =
to do was fully load the suspension and it was no problem to install the =
straps.&nbsp; Couldn&#8217;t figure out what the problem was; thought of =
putting some sand bags in the trunk to maybe compress it some =
more.&nbsp; Or maybe use some tie down ratchet straps to pull the frame =
and the suspension together.&nbsp; Maybe loosen the rear u bolts to let =
the leaf springs come up a bit???<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I was =
baffled.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>My (grown) son came over today to help me.&nbsp; =
that&#8217;s when I had an epiphany.&nbsp; Maybe I need to load the =
WHOLE suspension!!&nbsp; Grabbed another pair of ramps for the front, =
lowered the lift, and wow!&nbsp; Then with my son sitting in the trunk I =
had tons of room to put the rebound straps in.&nbsp; easy =
peasy!!!!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Obviously I&#8217;m not bragging.&nbsp; Just thought I =
would share my experience to save others from the frustration I went =
through.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D67412.D162BA30--

--===============1955699233257168727==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============1955699233257168727==--