Subject: [Mgs] LED instrument lights

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 11:59:37 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2819899656057332222==
 boundary="------------3B537C99573B36A6FF93C124"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3B537C99573B36A6FF93C124
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello Folks,

I have installed a SpeedHut speedo and tacho in my MGB GT V8 (not a 
factory one) and they are superb.  But the dimmer does not work on 
them.  So I have decided to put LED bulbs in the remaining four smaller 
gauges and this means I have to install a LED dimmer for all six 
gauges.   SpeedHut supply an LED dimmer but despite many emails I cannot 
find how their dimmer hooks up with their gauges and my to-be-installed 
LEDs in the smaller four. (Probably affected by the dreaded virus - 
which we know is a hoax).  I do not to know what LED bulbs I get for my 
4 small gauges - and I need the new stronger ones.   I bought LEDs a 
while way back and they were no stronger than the incandescents !!!

So is there anyone who is into this subject as your help would be much 
appreciated.

I do hope that all is well with you and yours.  We are not doing badly 
and so far the dreaded lurgy has not come near us - but taking super 
precautions including face masks.

Cheers
Barrie

--------------3B537C99573B36A6FF93C124
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello Folks,<br>
        <br>
        I have installed a SpeedHut speedo and tacho in my MGB GT V8
        (not a factory one) and they are superb.  But the dimmer does
        not work on them.  So I have decided to put LED bulbs in the
        remaining four smaller gauges and this means I have to install a
        LED dimmer for all six gauges.   SpeedHut supply an LED dimmer
        but despite many emails I cannot find how their dimmer hooks up
        with their gauges and my to-be-installed LEDs in the smaller
        four. (Probably affected by the dreaded virus - which we know is
        a hoax).  I do not to know what LED bulbs I get for my 4 small
        gauges - and I need the new stronger ones.   I bought LEDs a
        while way back and they were no stronger than the incandescents
        !!! <br>
        <br>
        So is there anyone who is into this subject as your help would
        be much appreciated.<br>
        <br>
        I do hope that all is well with you and yours.  We are not doing
        badly and so far the dreaded lurgy has not come near us - but
        taking super precautions including face masks.<br>
        <br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
      </font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3B537C99573B36A6FF93C124--

--===============2819899656057332222==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============2819899656057332222==--