Subject: Re: [Mgs] Jaeger Dual Gauge Modern Replacement Accuracy &, Calibration

From: Eric Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 16:29:34 -0400

Testing as you describe is exactly how I have always tested the temp gauge.

If you cannot convince the vendor to take the unit back, you could 
remove the bezel & glass, carefully pull the needle off and re-install 
it so it reads correctly in the pot of boiling water. It is highly 
likely the readings at other temperatures will be correct - or at least 
a lot more correct than the way it is now. The needle will also likely 
go back to its resting stop when the temp drops below the lowest number 
on the face.

See: http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/dash/dt105.htm 
<http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/dash/dt105.htm>

> Is there anyway I can salvage this unit without sending it back?

-- 
Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]