Subject: Re: [Mgs] Replacement dash cover - Was: Mostly quiet

From: Peter Schauss via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 20:31:03 -0400

I installed a Dash Repair Cover (probably Moss part 3 453-905) a number of
years ago to cover the cracks on the original dashboard top on my 1980 MGB.
It covers the top of the dashboard from about 1" behind the windshield,
leaving the original defroster vents exposed.  The trailing edge of the
cover wraps around and under the lip of the dashboard which faces the
driver.  The edges flex a bit but, unless you look very closely at it you
cannot see that the dashboard has been patched.

I don't recall what I used to glue it in place.  I notice, however, that
that the description of the current part says that it includes the adhesive
so I must have used either the stuff that they provided or RTV silicone.  

I am guessing that I have had this repair cover on my car for at least 10
years  and it has held up very well.  Before I retired, I was putting 2-3000
miles on the car per year, driving to work in the summer and parking it all
day in the sun.

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1980 MGB
============================================================================
================
Message: 2
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 21:14:20 -0400
From: S.Carr <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mostly quiet

Well, here's something to break the (relative) silence:
       We need to install the replacement dash cover on a 1980 MGB.  Any
tips from those who have already done it?

Sarah Carr
?71 B/GT in PA

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]