Subject: [Mgs] Amazon scam me thinks?

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 11:09:59 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2460590676054089338==
 boundary="------------BAF762F469E4061E74E96810"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------BAF762F469E4061E74E96810
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Ladies & Gentlemen,

This is way off subject, for which I apologise,  but I am one of those 
people who gets up in arms when I encounter a scam by a company that 
should do better.

If you use Amazon you may have taken up their 'Prime' service which you 
have to pay for.  Neat what?  You have to pay for good service !!!   If 
it fits your bill then that is fine /but just try and cancel it!
/I found we had been charged $7.99 for *years* plus a yearly fee 
although cannot remember joining.   We rarely use Amazon as "get it now" 
does not attract us and the last purchase was 6 months ago.   So 
obviously cancellation of Prime was required.  Now we come to Amazon's 
superbly crafted scam. *You cannot cancel.*   You end up going round and 
round their web pages but no how, no where does it allow you to 
cancel.   What is so blatantly indicative of their dishonesty is that if 
you do a search on how to cancel Prime you will find a whole raft of 
books written on it. *BOOKS ON HOW TO CANCEL* *!!!*   UNBELIEVABLE.  And 
guess what?   The books are sold by Amazon.

I just had to blow steam off about this.   I find the only way is to 
cancel my MasterCard and join up with a different credit card.    The 
bank bod told me that they can follow me across to a new MasterCard 
-what ????  So it has to be another card.

Much mumbling in the background
Barrie
//

--------------BAF762F469E4061E74E96810
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Ladies &amp; Gentlemen,<br>
        <br>
        This is way off subject, for which I apologise,  but I am one of
        those people who gets up in arms when I encounter a scam by a
        company that should do better.<br>
        <br>
        If you use Amazon you may have taken up their 'Prime' service
        which you have to pay for.  Neat what?  You have to pay for good
        service !!!   If it fits your bill then that is fine <i>but
          just try and cancel it!<br>
        </i>I found we had been charged $7.99 for <b>years</b> plus a
        yearly fee although cannot remember joining.   We rarely use
        Amazon as "get it now" does not attract us and the last purchase
        was 6 months ago.   So obviously cancellation of Prime was
        required.  Now we come to Amazon's superbly crafted scam.   <b>
          You cannot cancel.</b>   You end up going round and round
        their web pages but no how, no where does it allow you to
        cancel.   What is so blatantly indicative of their dishonesty is
        that if you do a search on how to cancel Prime you will find a
        whole raft of books written on it.   <b>BOOKS ON HOW TO CANCEL</b>
        <b>!!!</b>   UNBELIEVABLE.  And guess what?   The books are sold
        by Amazon.<br>
        <br>
        I just had to blow steam off about this.   I find the only way
        is to cancel my MasterCard and join up with a different credit
        card.    The bank bod told me that they can follow me across to
        a new MasterCard -what ????  So it has to be another card.<br>
        <br>
        Much mumbling in the background<br>
        Barrie<br>
        <i></i></font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------BAF762F469E4061E74E96810--

--===============2460590676054089338==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============2460590676054089338==--