Subject: [Mgs] Possible Team Net outage

From: Mark J Bradakis via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 15:56:56 -0600

We had some severe wind gusts in Salt Lake Monday afternoon, about half 
of a large tree blew over, sort of hitting the garage and some cars.  
Take a look at http://bradakis.com/net_wire.jpg to get an idea of what 
happened.  Inside that marked off area you can see a black wire.  That 
is Team Net's connection to the world. Getting all the fallen branches 
off that wire is beyond my capabilities.  We've contacted some 
professional tree removers, haven't heard back yet, so not sure when the 
mess will be cleaned up.

So basically if we get more wind gusts over the next day or two all that 
debris could shift and take out that network cable.  And Team Net would 
be off the air for who knows how long.  So be aware of that 
possibility.  If it happens, you might be seeing a status message from 
[email-masked] that may look suspicious at first glance.  It will be 
from me.

And another note, the old problem of delayed email seems to be occurring 
again.  Currently the delay is one the order of an hour or so, I'll be 
looking into the situation.

Fun times indeed!

mjb

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]