Subject: Re: [Mgs] Grill

From: Eric Russell via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 14:20:56 -0400

The way I read it I assumed he meant that since installing mesh, there 
hasn't been any 747's clogging up his MGB.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
> Tell me more, tell me more, how to catch a 747 with a piece of mesh stuff!
>
>
>
> I used to make stainless mesh grille things and I have one on my MGB GT V8.   Maybe I should make them again !!!    It catches all those big things like oak and sycamore leaves, pigeons, bats, perambulators and the terror of them all - 747s !!!
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Hans Duinhoven via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 08:53:13 +0200

Thanks for the explaining Eric!
Foreigners sometimes have sometimes trouble following the native English
speakers / writers.
Living near Amsterdam Airport the trick appeared to be a nice solution,
though hard to believe :).
Hope to fix the RH rear shock absorber today. As the link to the leaf spring
is stuck, I'm going to a friendly garage to ask them to make it lose.
Replacement looked so easy and all went well except the link connection to
the absorber arm...

Cheers,
Hans
71 BGT

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Mgs [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens Eric Russell via Mgs
Verzonden: zondag 24 mei 2020 20:21
Aan: [email-masked]
Onderwerp: Re: [Mgs] Grill

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
> I used to make stainless mesh grille things and I have one on my MGB GT
V8.   Maybe I should make them again !!!    It catches all those big things
like oak and sycamore leaves, pigeons, bats, perambulators and the terror of
them all - 747s !!!
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

-- 
Dit e-mailbericht is gecontroleerd op virussen met Avast antivirussoftware.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

[email-masked]

---

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 08:24:41 +0100 g4HXlrvo88VodJRpKLUJnST4a2u8g5m3ibdymHjOPnovtmebK/StuYcxq2dvFHVUsQQtVtnwILSkXsaPwC+8TRbJLilNtziUD/Y=

If we are talking about the same problem - the lower nut seized to the pin, 
in the past I've had to remove the rear damper, drop-link and bottom plate 
as a unit and attack it on the bench by carefully cutting through the nut 
and using a chisel to open it up.  Without that the pin was just turning in 
the rubber bushing, which I feared would destroy it.  If they propose using 
heat, bear that in mind.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]

---

From: Hans Duinhoven via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 12:22:02 +0200

Thanks for the advice Paul.

So I went to my friendly garage.
In a minute the guy had  the bolt lose. 
The bolt which is part of the connecting rod between the damper arm and the
leaf spring is partly equipped with a rubber silent block.
So heating is no option as it will damage the rubber.
What my friend did was hitting with a heavy hammer on the arm of the shock
absorber, where the bolt fits in.
The bolt is a bit tapered, so when hammering and the nut is lose, the bolt
becomes lose.
In Dutch we call this scaring.
So now I can clean the rest and have the new shock absorber mounted.

Cheers,
Hans

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Mgs [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens PaulHunt73 via Mgs
Verzonden: maandag 25 mei 2020 9:25
Aan: Hans Duinhoven; [email-masked]
Onderwerp: Re: [Mgs] FW: Grill

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]

[email-masked]