Subject: Re: [Mgs] Heater control

From: Eric Russell via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 15:54:15 -0400

> I see the control panels for sale as nos. The letters seem to be 
printed on the plasti?. Were the orlginal dash panels embosted?
 > Recessed letters filled with paint?

MGA heater control has the letters printed on. The knobs are embossed - 
recessed letters filled with paint.

Pictures here: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/heater/hr104.htm

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Eric Russell via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 16:01:46 -0400

If you're asking can you test that the clutch releases/engages without 
connecting the hydraulic operating parts - yes. It will require extreme 
strength or leverage. A long lever will allow a mortal human to move the 
clutch operating fork. It only needs to move ~ 1/2" at the end opposite 
the throw out bearing. I've done it with a 2' long pry bar.

With the transmission in gear, try to turn the transmission output 
flange. It should not turn if the clutch is engaged to the 
flywheel/engine. Now move the operating fork and see if you can turn the 
transmission output flange. If yes, the clutch is releasing.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
> Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 09:28:32 -0500
> From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Mgs] just in case
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> 59 mga, body off and painted, almost finished renovating the chassis.  Plan
> to marry the drivetrain to the chassis before putting the tub on.
>
>
> I don't see how, but I thought I'd ask, if there is anyway to test the
> clutch without putting the body on and attaching the master/slave
> hudraulics.
>
>   
> Car would not shift, removed engine and tran, replaced clutch and throwout
> bearing (dpo had one of those fancy ball bearing throwout bearings which was
> trashed)

[email-masked]