Subject: [Mgs] Passenger Window Adjustment

From: Michael MacLean via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 23:47:21 +0000 (UTC)

--===============8889041289248313779==
	boundary="----=_Part_1058846_443418983.1584056841354"

------=_Part_1058846_443418983.1584056841354
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My 69 MGB GT passenger side window is cocked towards the back of the car.=
=C2=A0 It hits the rear b-pillar trim frame.=C2=A0 If it is up all the way =
you cannot shut the door because of the overlap.=C2=A0 How do I adjust this=
?
Mike MacLean69 MGB GT60 Bugeye56 Austin Healey BN2

------=_Part_1058846_443418983.1584056841354
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">My 69 MGB GT passenger side window is cocked towards the back of the car.&nbsp; It hits the rear b-pillar trim frame.&nbsp; If it is up all the way you cannot shut the door because of the overlap.&nbsp; How do I adjust this?</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Mike MacLean</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">69 MGB GT</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">60 Bugeye</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">56 Austin Healey BN2<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_1058846_443418983.1584056841354--

--===============8889041289248313779==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============8889041289248313779==--

---

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 08:34:08 -0000 8s7rM2gZDd6btwwLFIFKxCchO+79ZhpZrgGc1QZOwmpMGn0epNRaHtgxo83gPjgcakkVlO4hW/O4q3RKj78ckMDCFvuMWeXpAEo=

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7234861410331291667==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0017_01D5F912.29F72D10"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D5F912.29F72D10
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Is it fully in the front channel?  Or angled back from it at the top =
that side as well?

If the former then about the only thing you can do - assuming you have =
the space there without hitting the back of the screen upright - is to =
see if you can move the quarter-light frame forwards.  Ordinarily there =
is only one position for them which is fully up and fully forwards =
within the structure of the door.  Check there are no spacers on the =
front fixings, and that they are tightened bit by bit along with the =
studs that go through the top of the door frame.  If the top ones are =
fully tightened first they may be preventing the QL coming forwards as =
far as it might.  Otherwise the only adjustment will be the door on the =
hinges.

If the glass is coming out of the front channel then see if the rear =
channel can be repositioned to move the glass forwards, and that the =
glass isn't binding in it.  Also that the regulator mechanism isn't =
binding at the rear.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  My 69 MGB GT passenger side window is cocked towards the back of the =
car.  It hits the rear b-pillar trim frame.  If it is up all the way you =
cannot shut the door because of the overlap.  How do I adjust this?
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D5F912.29F72D10
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Is it fully in the front channel?&nbsp; Or angled =
back from it=20
at the top that side as well?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If the former then about the only thing you can do - =
assuming=20
you have the space there without hitting the back of the screen =
upright&nbsp;-=20
is to see if you can move the quarter-light frame forwards.&nbsp; =
Ordinarily=20
there is only one position for them which is fully up and fully forwards =
within=20
the structure of the door.&nbsp; Check there are no spacers on the front =

fixings, and that they are tightened bit by bit along with the studs =
that go=20
through the top of the door frame.&nbsp; If the top ones are fully =
tightened=20
first they may be preventing the QL coming forwards as far as it =
might.&nbsp;=20
Otherwise the only adjustment will be the door on the =
hinges.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If the glass&nbsp;is coming out of the front channel =
then see=20
if the rear channel can be&nbsp;repositioned to move the glass forwards, =
and=20
that the glass isn't binding in it.&nbsp; Also that the regulator =
mechanism=20
isn't binding at the rear.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 16px"=20
  class=3Dyahoo-style-wrap>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr data-setdir=3D"false">My 69 MGB GT passenger side =
window is cocked=20
  towards the back of the car.&nbsp; It hits the rear b-pillar trim =
frame.&nbsp;=20
  If it is up all the way you cannot shut the door because of the =
overlap.&nbsp;=20
  How do I adjust this?</DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D5F912.29F72D10--

--===============7234861410331291667==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7234861410331291667==--