Subject: [Mgs] Good Customer Service, MechSpec

From: Barney Gaylord via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 19:49:24 -0500

A bloke in the UK just had bad news and good news.  He bought a 
rebuilt gearbox, 4-synchro with overdrive for '68 MGB.  After 
installing it in his car he discovered it would not shift into 1st or 
2nd gear, shifter would not move either way, even though Reverse and 
3rd-4th work fine.  At first the shop told him to start it up to see 
if it would somehow work loose.  Thinking that was not a good idea, 
he asked me for my thoughts.  Aside from guessing at a few things 
that might be the cause, and what may be needed to fix it, like 
probably having to take it out of the car, I told him to have another 
chat with the supplier.

Now the good news is the supplier Mech Spec MG Centre near Doncaster, 
Yorkshire, UK is going to send a mechanic to his house to help remove 
the gearbox for investigation, and will fix whatever is necessary.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]