Subject: [Mgs] Ridiculous nw cars

From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 09:56:19 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3103282320004917888==
 boundary="------------423E691DE2094B326AFF7254"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------423E691DE2094B326AFF7254
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

-- Hello folks,

I have this gripe about new cars and this is the only big platform I 
have on which to sound off.   I do have my own Aston Martin Feltham Club 
but that is only 150 members.  I am getting exremely puzzled as my 2003 
Golf is getting a bit sad although it still goes like a rocket.   There 
is a little rust and one of the courtesy lights does not work.   
However, whenever I have a look at new ones they are gadget rich and the 
dash is becoming like one from a 737.   Why on earth does there have to 
be a rear end crash avoiding system (used to be rear brake lights) as 
well as an unwanted-lane changing warning (used to be keeping eyes on 
the road) to say nothing of bluetooth (where is yellow and red?), 
Spotify (dog treatment?), Hands free telephone (used to be concentration 
on the road) and the dreaded in your face screen which like today's TV 
and Internet is intent on delivring information you don't really need 
(when did you last ponder over your oil temperature?).    So instead of 
forking out $30-40,000 I am going to have the Golf all tarted up and 
enjoy another 170k kilometers.   The only regret will be - it does not 
have a powered rear end tailgate - but maybe I could get that 
retro-fitted!   And in this day and age electonic/electrical gadgets die 
first ($$$$$)- and Lucas smoke is unattainable now.

I like my MGB GT so much that maybe another as a 'family' car could be 
an alternative - but not 100% restored just road worthy and oiled up to 
the hllt to counter winter driving conditions. Trouble is I would want 
to drop in a Rover V8 as the engine bay was made for it on later cars - 
and the broom broom is so much better. Or I coul find a Golf owned by a 
little old lady with a tiny mileage.  OMG, I am a little old man (I will 
not get a sex change) with a low mileage Golf !!!!  Oh sherbert - now 
what do I do?

Barrie

--------------423E691DE2094B326AFF7254
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- Hello folks,<br>
      <br>
      I have this gripe about new cars and this is the only big platform
      I have on which to sound off.   I do have my own Aston Martin
      Feltham Club but that is only 150 members.  I am getting exremely
      puzzled as my 2003 Golf is getting a bit sad although it still
      goes like a rocket.   There is a little rust and one of the
      courtesy lights does not work.   However, whenever I have a look
      at new ones they are gadget rich and the dash is becoming like one
      from a 737.   Why on earth does there have to be a rear end crash
      avoiding system (used to be rear brake lights) as well as an
      unwanted-lane changing warning (used to be keeping eyes on the
      road) to say nothing of bluetooth (where is yellow and red?),
      Spotify (dog treatment?), Hands free telephone (used to be
      concentration on the road) and the dreaded in your face screen
      which like today's TV and Internet is intent on delivring
      information you don't really need (when did you last ponder over
      your oil temperature?).    So instead of forking out $30-40,000 I
      am going to have the Golf all tarted up and enjoy another 170k
      kilometers.   The only regret will be - it does not have a powered
      rear end tailgate - but maybe I could get that retro-fitted!   And
      in this day and age electonic/electrical gadgets die first
      ($$$$$)- and Lucas smoke is unattainable now.<br>
      <br>
      I like my MGB GT so much that maybe another as a 'family' car
      could be an alternative - but not 100% restored just road worthy
      and oiled up to the hllt to counter winter driving conditions. 
      Trouble is I would want to drop in a Rover V8 as the engine bay
      was made for it on later cars - and the broom broom is so much
      better. Or I coul find a Golf owned by a little old lady with a
      tiny mileage.  OMG, I am a little old man (I will not get a sex
      change) with a low mileage Golf !!!!  Oh sherbert - now what do I
      do?   <br>
      <br>
      Barrie<br>
      <img src="data:image/jpeg;filename=Barrie" border="0"></div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------423E691DE2094B326AFF7254--

--===============3103282320004917888==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============3103282320004917888==--