Subject: [Mgs] wiring and snap connectors

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 21:21:04 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5534927586829384573==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5DC6A.2CA43220"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5DC6A.2CA43220
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In Barney's wiring diagram
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm

There are several places where he has a nice line of snap connectors.  Two
up front (I assume) close to the headlights, one off to the side, maybe in
the engine compartment??? And a fourth set maybe in the tail????

Can anyone share where these connectors are found?  Are they in fact
together?  

My car was wired by a guy that loved red, blue, and black wires.  I just
tore it out because it was so wrong so I'm planning on building the wiring
harness myself.  It won't be the first car I've wired from scratch without a
harness.  Any help on where to put these snap connectors would be
appreciated.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5DC6A.2CA43220
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>In Barney&#8217;s wiring diagram&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm">http://mgagur=
u.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>There are =
several places where he has a nice line of snap connectors.&nbsp; Two up =
front (I assume) close to the headlights, one off to the side, maybe in =
the engine compartment??? And a fourth set maybe in the =
tail????<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Can anyone share where these connectors are =
found?&nbsp; Are they in fact together?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My car was =
wired by a guy that loved red, blue, and black wires.&nbsp; I just tore =
it out because it was so wrong so I&#8217;m planning on building the =
wiring harness myself.&nbsp; It won&#8217;t be the first car I&#8217;ve =
wired from scratch without a harness.&nbsp; Any help on where to put =
these snap connectors would be =
appreciated.<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5DC6A.2CA43220--

--===============5534927586829384573==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5534927586829384573==--

---

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 15:47:12 -0000 8ceJgCwHI+94C9bhmIWWFjYJou/UvDp24NZS7Kqz8ffqWDjPfyiDoHWixVjWTbTNfYD44bNBz2J/7g==

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1750660321206022756==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_006A_01D5DD04.B2F5F990"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01D5DD04.B2F5F990
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Aren't they bullet connectors?  At the front and the back they will be =
convenient for the tails on the light units - unless you are going to =
rewire those as well? =20

In the middle they will be where the rear harness joins the main =
harness.  FWIW on the MGB the main harness goes through the bulkhead =
from the cabin to the engine compartment.  The rear harness runs under =
the floor then comes up in front of the bulkhead to join the main =
harness.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  In Barney's wiring diagram  =
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm

  =20

  There are several places where he has a nice line of snap connectors.  =
Two up front (I assume) close to the headlights, one off to the side, =
maybe in the engine compartment??? And a fourth set maybe in the =
tail????

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01D5DD04.B2F5F990
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m =3D=20
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE>@font-face {
	font-family: Cambria Math;
}
@font-face {
	font-family: Calibri;
}
@page WordSection1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; =
}
P.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
A:link {
	COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: =
personal-compose
}
.MsoChpDefault {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; mso-style-type: export-only
}
DIV.WordSection1 {
	page: WordSection1
}
</STYLE>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US link=3D#0563c1 bgColor=3D#ffffff vLink=3D#954f72>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Aren't they bullet connectors?&nbsp; At the front =
and the back=20
they will be convenient for the tails on the light units - unless you =
are going=20
to rewire those as well?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>In the middle they will be where the rear harness =
joins the=20
main harness.&nbsp; FWIW on the MGB the main harness goes through the =
bulkhead=20
from the cabin to the engine compartment.&nbsp; The rear harness runs =
under the=20
floor then comes up in front of the bulkhead to join the main=20
harness.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV class=3DWordSection1>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal>In Barney=92s wiring diagram&nbsp; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm">http://mgagur=
u.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm</A><o:p></o:p></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal>There are several places where he has a nice line =
of snap=20
  connectors.&nbsp; Two up front (I assume) close to the headlights, one =
off to=20
  the side, maybe in the engine compartment??? And a fourth set maybe in =
the=20
  tail????<o:p></o:p></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01D5DD04.B2F5F990--

--===============1750660321206022756==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1750660321206022756==--

---

From: Eric Russell via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 16:51:01 -0500

MG's used 'bullet' connectors. Single, doubles & triples (maybe 
quadruples?). Available here: https://www.britishwiring.com/

The MGA came with a body harness & chassis harness with numerous 
connectors located low on the right side (near the brake light switch), 
a dash harness, a front lighting harness (connectors forward of the 
radiator) & rear lighting harness (connectors at the end of the frame 
rail on the right side).

I, too have made many wire harnesses. Using the proper color coding will 
prevent any future owner from calling you a DPO. I suspect that 
purchasing a ready-made wire harness will be no more expensive than 
making one up piecemeal - and certainly it'd be done quicker.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

[email-masked]