Subject: [Mgs] wiring and snap connectors - clarification

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 08:59:27 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8811833231603794399==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0018_01D5DCCB.BC930080"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D5DCCB.BC930080
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I really wasn't clear the first time.  I'm trying to figure out where
exactly on the car these snap connectors are located, or if I should just
put them where it makes sense to me.   Maybe take into account where they go
through holes in the sheet metal.

In Barney's wiring diagram
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm

There are several places where he has a nice line of snap connectors.  Two
up front (I assume) close to the headlights, one off to the side, maybe in
the engine compartment??? And a fourth set maybe in the tail????

Can anyone share where these connectors are on the car?  Are they in fact
together?  

My car was wired by a guy that loved red, blue, and black wires.  I just
tore it out because it was so wrong so I'm planning on building the wiring
harness myself.  It won't be the first car I've wired from scratch without a
harness.  Any help on where to put these snap connectors would be
appreciated.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D5DCCB.BC930080
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I really wasn&#8217;t clear the first time.&nbsp; =
I&#8217;m trying to figure out where exactly on the car these snap =
connectors are located, or if I should just put them where it makes =
sense to me.&nbsp; &nbsp;Maybe take into account where they go through =
holes in the sheet metal.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>In =
Barney&#8217;s wiring diagram&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm">http://mgagur=
u.com/mgtech/electric/circ_wiring.htm</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>There are =
several places where he has a nice line of snap connectors.&nbsp; Two up =
front (I assume) close to the headlights, one off to the side, maybe in =
the engine compartment??? And a fourth set maybe in the =
tail????<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Can anyone share where these connectors are on the =
car?&nbsp; Are they in fact together?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My car was =
wired by a guy that loved red, blue, and black wires.&nbsp; I just tore =
it out because it was so wrong so I&#8217;m planning on building the =
wiring harness myself.&nbsp; It won&#8217;t be the first car I&#8217;ve =
wired from scratch without a harness.&nbsp; Any help on where to put =
these snap connectors would be =
appreciated.<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D5DCCB.BC930080--

--===============8811833231603794399==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============8811833231603794399==--