Subject: [Mgs] High torque starters

From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 10:06:29 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1722501320253165430==
 boundary="------------4D489E6277EFE901C6CB501D"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4D489E6277EFE901C6CB501D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello Rick,

I have had several high torque starters on my MGB GT V8 which has a 3.5L 
Rover V8 motor.   I went through several as they kept on breaking - 
about 3 I think.    They are great but the lesson I learnt was to get 
one from a bullet proof supplier. My first ones were from a local "well 
established" outfit whose source of these things was suspect.    They do 
work well but cheap ones are not a good idea.  But "clicking" is also a 
sign of a dead battery - yes?  But obviously you have checked that.    I 
recently put a Pioneer car radio in my MGB.   Found that my battery went 
flat after about 6 days.  After messing about trying to find the cause I 
discovered that the Pioneer polled the computer in the car - BUT as my 
MGB has no computer it continuously polled looking for a 
computer...until the battery went flat !!!

Brilliant today's technology !!!

Incidentally, not sure what advantage one gets when one has a "high 
torque" starter - My car used to start fine with the old grunt one !!!????

Regards
Barrie

--------------4D489E6277EFE901C6CB501D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello Rick,<br>
        <br>
        I have had several high torque starters on my MGB GT V8 which
        has a 3.5L Rover V8 motor.   I went through several as they kept
        on breaking - about 3 I think.    They are great but the lesson
        I learnt was to get one from a bullet proof supplier. My first
        ones were from a local "well established" outfit whose source of
        these things was suspect.    They do work well but cheap ones
        are not a good idea.  But "clicking" is also a sign of a dead
        battery - yes?  But obviously you have checked that.    I
        recently put a Pioneer car radio in my MGB.   Found that my
        battery went flat after about 6 days.  After messing about
        trying to find the cause I discovered that the Pioneer polled
        the computer in the car - BUT as my MGB has no computer it
        continuously polled looking for a computer...until the battery
        went flat !!!<br>
        <br>
        Brilliant today's technology !!!<br>
        <br>
        Incidentally, not sure what advantage one gets when one has a
        "high torque" starter - My car used to start fine with the old
        grunt one !!!????<br>
        <br>
        Regards<br>
        Barrie</font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------4D489E6277EFE901C6CB501D--

--===============1722501320253165430==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============1722501320253165430==--