Subject: [Mgs] Trip Meter Reset Cable Assy

From: Michael MacLean via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 07:06:44 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7954700733412611653==
	boundary="----=_Part_590682_1731373270.1579331204539"

------=_Part_590682_1731373270.1579331204539
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Anyone know where to get a trip Meter reset cable assembly for a 1969 MGB G=
T.=C2=A0 Today I pulled the speedo out for rebuild because the odometer doe=
s not work.=C2=A0 I found out why the trip Meter would not reset.=C2=A0 The=
 cable assembly fell out of the back of the speedo case.=C2=A0 The part tha=
t locks into the case is broken so it will not stay put.=C2=A0 I don't see =
this part in any of the catalogs.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_590682_1731373270.1579331204539
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Anyone know where to get a trip Meter reset cable assembly for a 1969 MGB GT.&nbsp; Today I pulled the speedo out for rebuild because the odometer does not work.&nbsp; I found out why the trip Meter would not reset.&nbsp; The cable assembly fell out of the back of the speedo case.&nbsp; The part that locks into the case is broken so it will not stay put.&nbsp; I don't see this part in any of the catalogs.<div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_1579331172988">Mike MacLean<br><br><div id="ymail_android_signature"><a id="ymail_android_signature_link" href="https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&amp;c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=ym&amp;af_sub1=Internal&amp;af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=EmailSignature">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on Android</a></div></div>
------=_Part_590682_1731373270.1579331204539--

--===============7954700733412611653==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============7954700733412611653==--

---

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 09:28:43 -0000 Se565Je3PVu2qx9PXdc7t+PIXbrw4HagYk4A6m4ea35Un2uMvwU0b37FeqEY/Kr0r4JgKr4ZbCkFUz5elHKJBOJsjCYqfJBeyas=

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3556331753797210153==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0079_01D5CDE1.AD582B70"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0079_01D5CDE1.AD582B70
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Google throws up loads from eBay and the usual suppliers, but whether =
they have the right one is another matter.  The other obvious source to =
try is a speedo repairer.

However mine (SN6144/23A) just sticks out of a hole in the case, the =
only attachment is to the odometer mechanism itself =
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/speedorep11.jpg

If that's broken you may have bigger problems.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  Anyone know where to get a trip Meter reset cable assembly for a 1969 =
MGB GT.  Today I pulled the speedo out for rebuild because the odometer =
does not work.  I found out why the trip Meter would not reset.  The =
cable assembly fell out of the back of the speedo case.  The part that =
locks into the case is broken so it will not stay put.  I don't see this =
part in any of the catalogs.
------=_NextPart_000_0079_01D5CDE1.AD582B70
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Google throws up loads from eBay and the usual =
suppliers, but=20
whether they have the right one is another matter.&nbsp; The other =
obvious=20
source to try is a speedo repairer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>However mine (SN6144/23A) just sticks out of a hole =
in the=20
case, the only attachment is to the odometer mechanism itself <A=20
href=3D"http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/speedorep11.jpg">http://www.mg=
b-stuff.org.uk/images/speedorep11.jpg</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If that's broken you may have bigger =
problems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>Anyone know where to get a trip =
Meter reset=20
  cable assembly for a 1969 MGB GT.&nbsp; Today I pulled the speedo out =
for=20
  rebuild because the odometer does not work.&nbsp; I found out why the =
trip=20
  Meter would not reset.&nbsp; The cable assembly fell out of the back =
of the=20
  speedo case.&nbsp; The part that locks into the case is broken so it =
will not=20
  stay put.&nbsp; I don't see this part in any of the=20
catalogs.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0079_01D5CDE1.AD582B70--

--===============3556331753797210153==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3556331753797210153==--

---

From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:21:51 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8244874184627849812==
 boundary="------------9A5275BD5FD3C0A46E544253"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------9A5275BD5FD3C0A46E544253
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello folks,

There are always lots of gauges at the Ancaster flea market - June I 
think.   One would think that there is a usable one there.    Please 
remember that if you need those rubber O-rings for dash and/or glass, i 
have them all !!  Even have the square ones for Austin Healeys.    My 
oath, I hate being commercial on this enthusiast's  mechanism but it's 
more of a hobby than a get rich quick ploy.

Cheers
Barrie

On 1/18/2020 4:28 AM, PaulHunt73 via Mgs wrote:
> 
> Google throws up loads from eBay and the usual suppliers, but whether 
> they have the right one is another matter.  The other obvious source 
> to try is a speedo repairer.
> However mine (SN6144/23A) just sticks out of a hole in the case, the 
> only attachment is to the odometer mechanism itself 
>     ----- Original Message -----
>
>     Anyone know where to get a trip Meter reset cable assembly for a
>     1969 MGB GT.  Today I pulled the speedo out for rebuild because
>     the odometer does not work.  I found out why the trip Meter would
>     not reset.  The cable assembly fell out of the back of the speedo
>     case.  The part that locks into the case is broken so it will not
>     stay put.  I don't see this part in any of the catalogs.
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--------------9A5275BD5FD3C0A46E544253
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello folks,<br>
        <br>
        There are always lots of gauges at the Ancaster flea market -
        June I think.   One would think that there is a usable one
        there.    Please remember that if you need those rubber O-rings
        for dash and/or glass, i have them all !!  Even have the square
        ones for Austin Healeys.    My oath, I hate being commercial on
        this enthusiast's  mechanism but it's more of a hobby than a get
        rich quick ploy.<br>
        <br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/18/2020 4:28 AM, PaulHunt73 via
      Mgs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:2A0208538A1C4F0C83244E10E38D1DF1@paul">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      
      <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
      <style></style>
      <div><font size="2">Google throws up loads from eBay and the usual
          suppliers, but whether they have the right one is another
          matter.  The other obvious source to try is a speedo repairer.</font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font size="2">However mine (SN6144/23A) just sticks out of a
          hole in the case, the only attachment is to the odometer
          mechanism itself <a
            href="http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/speedorep11.jpg"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/speedorep11.jpg</a></font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font size="2">If that's broken you may have bigger problems.</font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font size="2">PaulH.</font></div>
      <blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT:
        5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
        <div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        Anyone know where to get a trip Meter reset cable assembly for a
        1969 MGB GT.  Today I pulled the speedo out for rebuild because
        the odometer does not work.  I found out why the trip Meter
        would not reset.  The cable assembly fell out of the back of the
        speedo case.  The part that locks into the case is broken so it
        will not stay put.  I don't see this part in any of the
        catalogs.</blockquote>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------9A5275BD5FD3C0A46E544253--

--===============8244874184627849812==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8244874184627849812==--

---

From: Andrew Lundgren via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 12:05:36 -0700

--===============3835367459074470586==

--000000000000f25416059c6ebe46

I've got the same issue. This seems like a good problem to solve with 3d
printing.

I lost the parts from mine years ago. If you still have the parts, then you
can probably get it reproduced.

Andrew

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020, 12:07 AM Michael MacLean via Mgs <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Anyone know where to get a trip Meter reset cable assembly for a 1969 MGB
> GT.  Today I pulled the speedo out for rebuild because the odometer does
> not work.  I found out why the trip Meter would not reset.  The cable
> assembly fell out of the back of the speedo case.  The part that locks into
> the case is broken so it will not stay put.  I don't see this part in any
> of the catalogs.
> Mike MacLean
>
> <https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000f25416059c6ebe46
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">I&#39;ve got the same issue. This seems like a good probl=
em to solve with 3d printing.=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"=
auto">I lost the parts from mine years ago. If you still have the parts, th=
en you can probably get it reproduced.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><di=
v dir=3D"auto">Andrew</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D=
"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jan 18, 2020, 12:07 AM Michael MacLean v=
ia Mgs &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Anyone know where to get a =
trip Meter reset cable assembly for a 1969 MGB GT.=C2=A0 Today I pulled the=
 speedo out for rebuild because the odometer does not work.=C2=A0 I found o=
ut why the trip Meter would not reset.=C2=A0 The cable assembly fell out of=
 the back of the speedo case.=C2=A0 The part that locks into the case is br=
oken so it will not stay put.=C2=A0 I don&#39;t see this part in any of the=
 catalogs.<div id=3D"m_5173591228965042396yMail_cursorElementTracker_157933=
1172988">Mike MacLean<br><br><div id=3D"m_5173591228965042396ymail_android_=
signature"><a id=3D"m_5173591228965042396ymail_android_signature_link" href=
=3D"https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal=
_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInterna=
l&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=3DEmailSignature" target=3D"_bla=
nk" rel=3D"noreferrer">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on Android</a></div></=
div>_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">=
[email-masked]</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" rel=3D"noreferrer no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"=
_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/lundgren@=
byu.net" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000f25416059c6ebe46--

--===============3835367459074470586==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3835367459074470586==--