Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGBGT V8

From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 13:11:45 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============9123008322353768608==
 boundary="------------1B2F41E86554964D0F4BFE4B"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------1B2F41E86554964D0F4BFE4B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello Phil,

Would love to join but Texas is a long way to go when one is 86 and no 
longer a cowboy driver !!!  Over a decade ago I built an MGB GT V8 from 
bits as there were none around to buy.  I had the "normal" GT as well as 
the convertible but neither could cope with 100km highways, and trucks 
were frightening to pass with the asthmatic 4 pot.   The rebuilt 3.5L 
engine came from the UK with HC pistons an a mild cam plus other stuff.  
It now puts out a modest 240bhp (maybe more) with Webers plus suspension 
mods - and frankly I have never had the guts to test it out !!! Having 
had a motley of Italian, German and British cars I find the MGB GT V8 
the best of the lot - even over my Maserati !!!!!!

All the best for the New Year
Barrie

On 12/27/2019 5:57 AM, john marcell via Mgs wrote:
> Rick
> I have a ‘73 Factory V8 and have had 4 GT over the years. No comparison between the 4 and 8 cylinder engines. The 139 hp is all you need in the car as far as I believe you need.  We have several MGs in our club with much larger Rover engines.
> You should join the Texas MG Register.  We had our Fall meet in Katy this past October.  75 cars were there along with John Twist.  Fall meet in May in the Austin area
>
> Phil Marcell
> Plano Texas
>
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--------------1B2F41E86554964D0F4BFE4B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello Phil,<br>
        <br>
        Would love to join but Texas is a long way to go when one is 86
        and no longer a cowboy driver !!!  Over a decade ago I built an
        MGB GT V8 from bits as there were none around to buy.  I had the
        "normal" GT as well as the convertible but neither could cope
        with 100km highways, and trucks were frightening to pass with
        the asthmatic 4 pot.   The rebuilt 3.5L engine came from the UK
        with HC pistons an a mild cam plus other stuff.  It now puts out
        a modest 240bhp (maybe more) with Webers plus suspension mods -
        and frankly I have never had the guts to test it out !!!  
        Having had a motley of Italian, German and British cars I find
        the MGB GT V8 the best of the lot - even over my Maserati !!!!!!
        <br>
        <br>
        All the best for the New Year<br>
        Barrie<br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 12/27/2019 5:57 AM, john marcell via
      Mgs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Rick
I have a ‘73 Factory V8 and have had 4 GT over the years. No comparison between the 4 and 8 cylinder engines. The 139 hp is all you need in the car as far as I believe you need.  We have several MGs in our club with much larger Rover engines. 
You should join the Texas MG Register.  We had our Fall meet in Katy this past October.  75 cars were there along with John Twist.  Fall meet in May in the Austin area 

Phil Marcell
Plano Texas

Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------1B2F41E86554964D0F4BFE4B--

--===============9123008322353768608==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============9123008322353768608==--