Subject: [Mgs] MGB drive shaft measurement

From: "S. Carr via Mgs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 21:25:22 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1050842038986345776==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0384_01D59031.B3EB30B0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0384_01D59031.B3EB30B0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dealing with one problem (seized-up steering) in the =E2=80=9871 B/GT =
has, as usual, revealed others that might as well be dealt with while =
the car is up on jack stands....  We now have the cross-member out to =
renew the transmission rubber mounts (reduced to a squashed, gooey mass) =
and are wondering if the DPO who replaced the original rear axle with an =
earlier banjo-type did not install a matching drive shaft but kept the =
original.  The drive shaft can just barely be jammed in place.  The Moss =
cat. gives lengths of the various drive shafts =E2=80=93 from where to =
where does one measure?  (We assume that the two pieces have to be =
shoved together for this measurement.)

Also, can anyone give us the over-all length of the overdrive and =
non-overdrive gearboxes?

Thanks in advance,
Sarah Carr
B/GT in PA
------=_NextPart_000_0384_01D59031.B3EB30B0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Dealing with one problem (seized-up steering) in the =E2=80=9871 =
B/GT has, as=20
usual, revealed others that might as well be dealt with while the car is =
up on=20
jack stands....&nbsp; We now have the cross-member out to renew the =
transmission=20
rubber mounts (reduced to a squashed, gooey mass) and are wondering if =
the DPO=20
who replaced the original rear axle with an earlier banjo-type did not =
install a=20
matching drive shaft but kept the original.&nbsp; The drive shaft can =
just=20
barely be jammed in place.&nbsp; The Moss cat. gives lengths of the =
various=20
drive shafts =E2=80=93 from where to where does one measure?&nbsp; (We =
assume that the=20
two pieces have to be shoved together for this measurement.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also, can anyone give us the over-all length of the overdrive and=20
non-overdrive gearboxes?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance,</DIV>
<DIV>Sarah Carr</DIV>
<DIV>B/GT in PA</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0384_01D59031.B3EB30B0--

--===============1050842038986345776==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============1050842038986345776==--