Subject: [Mgs] weird brake issue

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 12:16:00 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2649279995042088094==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D54D19.E0280D20"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D54D19.E0280D20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

A few weeks ago I posted about a weird brake issue, where an mga would be
fine during a test drive except just once the brakes would essentially fail.
Otherwise all would go well.

Several test drives with one failure each time even after bleeding and
tightening the brakes.  At one point the left front wheel locked up.  took
the hub off and discovered that the brake shoes themselves had separated
from their backing/holders.  We think this allowed the brake cylinder to
hyper extend and cause the pedal to hit the floor.  

New brake shoes on the way!!!

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D54D19.E0280D20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>A few weeks ago I posted about a weird brake issue, =
where an mga would be fine during a test drive except just once the =
brakes would essentially fail.&nbsp; Otherwise all would go =
well.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Several test drives with one failure each time even =
after bleeding and tightening the brakes.&nbsp; At one point the left =
front wheel locked up.&nbsp; took the hub off and discovered that the =
brake shoes themselves had separated from their backing/holders.&nbsp; =
We think this allowed the brake cylinder to hyper extend and cause the =
pedal to hit the floor.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New brake =
shoes on the way!!!<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D54D19.E0280D20--

--===============2649279995042088094==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============2649279995042088094==--

---

From: "David F. Darby via Mgs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 12:35:06 -0500

--===============3932306200220191569==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0181_01D54D1C.8BBA8EE0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0181_01D54D1C.8BBA8EE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Glad you found it the problem. That's a new one for me.

David

From: Mgs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of dave via Mgs
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 12:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] weird brake issue

------=_NextPart_000_0181_01D54D1C.8BBA8EE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Glad you found it the =
problem. That&#8217;s a new one for me.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>David<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></a></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid blue 1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
4.0pt'><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Mgs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>dave via =
Mgs<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, August 7, 2019 12:16 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Mgs] weird brake =
issue<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>A few weeks =
ago I posted about a weird brake issue, where an mga would be fine =
during a test drive except just once the brakes would essentially =
fail.&nbsp; Otherwise all would go well.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Several test =
drives with one failure each time even after bleeding and tightening the =
brakes.&nbsp; At one point the left front wheel locked up.&nbsp; took =
the hub off and discovered that the brake shoes themselves had separated =
from their backing/holders.&nbsp; We think this allowed the brake =
cylinder to hyper extend and cause the pedal to hit the floor.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>New brake shoes on the =
way!!!<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0181_01D54D1C.8BBA8EE0--

--===============3932306200220191569==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3932306200220191569==--