Subject: Re: [Mgs] To do

From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 10:36:48 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5895365405062397070==
 boundary="------------19272D3B2BFCB1B6C438C545"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------19272D3B2BFCB1B6C438C545
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello Rick,

May I suggest that you use "memory" foam for your seats.   I used that 
stuff when I did my seats and it is incredible !!! But get the firmest 
grade.

Things not running smoothly here !!
Decided my MGB GT V8 needed a radio.  Had a $$$ Pioneer put in by radio 
shop.   Found it would not pick up the two weak stations that have no 
adverts.   Windscreen antenna useless. Bought a $40 portable for garage 
which worked fine in my garage AND the MGB !!!!   After car radio 
installed my car battery went flat after a few days!!!!!   Returned to 
car radio shop and had $$$ powered antenna installed.   Weak stations 
were picked up - hurrah.   But told to stop radio flattening my battery 
I had to remove face plate (WHAAAT!) because the radio was for modern 
cars.   So I had them install a kill switch and hopefully that works.  
(it does!).    So it would appear that the modern "off" is not off just 
as with my cell phone which goes dead after a few days because it polls 
the towers for calls /even/ after switching "off"   Technology is 
getting stupid these days.   Fancy, my Pioneer has all sorts of cr*p, 
Pandora, Bluetooth, Spotify, Sirius, telephone and more but /cannot 
/pick up weak stations as can my Golf and garage portable !!!!!!

On 8/28/2019 8:23 AM, Richard Lindsay via Mgs wrote:
> Hello friends,
>    It is SO quiet here! Everyone's cars must be running perfectly! 
> What else might one expect?
>    I have made no progress on my TD. The car is 98% restored and with 
> only four tasks remaining.
>
> 1. Replace the choke cable.
> 2. Install the new top and side screens covers.
> 3. Uncover the seat back upholstery and reshape the foam pad. More on 
> that below.
> 4. Replace the brake master cylinder and re-bleed the brakes.
>
> With all of that done, the little car will be ready for fall weather 
> motoring. Of course, there is no rush since I live in Houston, Texas 
> where autumn doesn't arrive until December!!!
>    Now for item number three: When I originally uncovered the TD's 
> seat back I discovered that the metal springs were rusted and failing 
> beyond repair. The backing board was also delaminating. So I then used 
> the old backing board as a template to mark and cut a new board. I 
> then padded the board with foam rubber but didn't contour the foam 
> correctly. The result was a beautiful seat back that placed the driver 
> far too close to the steering wheel! Here's how it looked.
>
> http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg
>
>    So now I need to remove the new leather upholstery and re-contour 
> the foam correctly. And this time I will test the shape before 
> reinstalling the leather!
>
> Rick
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--------------19272D3B2BFCB1B6C438C545
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello Rick,<br>
        <br>
        May I suggest that you use "memory" foam for your seats.   I
        used that stuff when I did my seats and it is incredible !!! 
        But get the firmest grade. <br>
        <br>
        Things not running smoothly here !!<br>
        Decided my MGB GT V8 needed a radio.  Had a $$$ Pioneer put in
        by radio shop.   Found it would not pick up the two weak
        stations that have no adverts.   Windscreen antenna useless. 
        Bought a $40 portable for garage which worked fine in my garage
        AND the MGB !!!!   After car radio installed my car battery went
        flat after a few days!!!!!   Returned to car radio shop and had
        $$$ powered antenna installed.   Weak stations were picked up -
        hurrah.   But told to stop radio flattening my battery I had to
        remove face plate (WHAAAT!) because the radio was for modern
        cars.   So I had them install a kill switch and hopefully that
        works.  (it does!).    So it would appear that the modern "off"
        is not off just as with my cell phone which goes dead after a
        few days because it polls the towers for calls <i>even</i>
        after switching "off"   Technology is getting stupid these days.
          Fancy, my Pioneer has all sorts of cr*p, Pandora, Bluetooth,
        Spotify, Sirius, telephone and more but <i>cannot  </i>pick up
        weak stations as can my Golf and garage portable !!!!!! <br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/28/2019 8:23 AM, Richard Lindsay
      via Mgs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">Hello friends,
        <div dir="auto">   It is SO quiet here! Everyone's cars must be
          running perfectly! What else might one expect?
          <div dir="auto">   I have made no progress on my TD. The car
            is 98% restored and with only four tasks remaining.</div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">1. Replace the choke cable.</div>
          <div dir="auto">2. Install the new top and side screens
            covers.</div>
          <div dir="auto">3. Uncover the seat back upholstery and
            reshape the foam pad. More on that below.</div>
          <div dir="auto">4. Replace the brake master cylinder and
            re-bleed the brakes.</div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">With all of that done, the little car will be
            ready for fall weather motoring. Of course, there is no rush
            since I live in Houston, Texas where autumn doesn't arrive
            until December!!!</div>
          <div dir="auto">   Now for item number three: When I
            originally uncovered the TD's seat back I discovered that
            the metal springs were rusted and failing beyond repair. The
            backing board was also delaminating. So I then used the old
            backing board as a template to mark and cut a new board. I
            then padded the board with foam rubber but didn't contour
            the foam correctly. The result was a beautiful seat back
            that placed the driver far too close to the steering wheel!
            Here's how it looked.</div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto"><a
              href="http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg"
              moz-do-not-send="true">http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg</a><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">   So now I need to remove the new leather
            upholstery and re-contour the foam correctly. And this time
            I will test the shape before reinstalling the leather!</div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">Rick</div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------19272D3B2BFCB1B6C438C545--

--===============5895365405062397070==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5895365405062397070==--

---

From: Dan DiBiase via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 10:51:07 -0400

--===============7523867813107552461==

--0000000000000b793305912e8705

My daughter has a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 75th Anniversary Edition so it
is loaded with features (the heated steering wheel - wow, I never thought I
would need one of those but man is it great in winter...). Her audio system
has no 'off' button, just a mute button. Apparently, the Uconnect system is
so highly integrated into the operation of the car that it is always 'on'
when the car is on. What you would normally think of as the 'off' button is
actually the mute.

MGB-wise, my '76 has been languishing in the garage for a couple of years
now. It needs a carb rebuild at this point, so am probably going to send it
off to Joe Curto next month. My second career as a Realtor has taken off
this year (good news/bad news) so am pretty busy at the moment. It will
start to slow down after Labor Day so I can hopefully do some garage work.
It really needs a clean-up. And the '65 B is still sitting mostly apart as
well. But I have to do something with it in the next 6 years before we make
our way south for 'full' retirement.

Dan D
Central NJ USA

http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 10:37 AM Barrie Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> which worked fine in my garage AND the MGB !!!!   After car radio installed
> my car battery went flat after a few days!!!!!   Returned to car radio shop
> and had $$$ powered antenna installed.   Weak stations were picked up -
> hurrah.   But told to stop radio flattening my battery I had to remove face
> plate (WHAAAT!) because the radio was for modern cars.   So I had them
> install a kill switch and hopefully that works.  (it does!).    So it would
> appear that the modern "off" is not off just as with my cell phone which
> goes dead after a few days because it polls the towers for calls *even*
> after switching "off"   Technology is getting stupid these days.   Fancy,
> my Pioneer has all sorts of cr*p, Pandora, Bluetooth, Spotify, Sirius,
> telephone and more but *cannot  *pick up weak stations as can my Golf and
> garage portable !!!!!!
>
>    It is SO quiet here! Everyone's cars must be running perfectly! What
> else might one expect?
>    I have made no progress on my TD. The car is 98% restored and with only
> four tasks remaining.
>
> 3. Uncover the seat back upholstery and reshape the foam pad. More on that
> below.
> motoring. Of course, there is no rush since I live in Houston, Texas where
> autumn doesn't arrive until December!!!
>    Now for item number three: When I originally uncovered the TD's seat
> back I discovered that the metal springs were rusted and failing beyond
> repair. The backing board was also delaminating. So I then used the old
> backing board as a template to mark and cut a new board. I then padded the
> board with foam rubber but didn't contour the foam correctly. The result
> was a beautiful seat back that placed the driver far too close to the
> steering wheel! Here's how it looked.
>
>    So now I need to remove the new leather upholstery and re-contour the
> foam correctly. And this time I will test the shape before reinstalling the
> leather!
>
> Rick
>
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
>

--0000000000000b793305912e8705
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">My daughter has a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 75th Annivers=
ary Edition so it is loaded with features (the heated steering wheel - wow,=
 I never thought I would need one of those but man is it great in winter...=
). Her audio system has no &#39;off&#39; button, just a mute button. Appare=
ntly, the Uconnect system is so highly integrated into the operation of the=
 car that it is always &#39;on&#39; when the car is on. What you would norm=
ally think of as the &#39;off&#39; button is actually the mute.=C2=A0<div><=
br></div><div>MGB-wise, my &#39;76 has been languishing in the garage for a=
 couple of years now. It needs a carb rebuild at this point, so am probably=
 going to send it off to Joe Curto next month. My second career as a Realto=
r has taken off this year (good news/bad news) so am pretty busy at the mom=
ent. It will start to slow down after Labor Day so I can hopefully do some =
garage work. It really needs a clean-up. And the &#39;65 B is still sitting=
 mostly apart as well. But I have to do something with it in the next 6 yea=
rs before we make our way south for &#39;full&#39; retirement.</div><div><b=
r></div><div>Dan D</div><div>Central NJ USA<div><br clear=3D"all"><div><div=
 dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><=
div dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/</a></div></div></div><br></div></div><=
/div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">O=
n Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 10:37 AM Barrie Robinson via Mgs &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquo=
te class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px =
solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF">
    <font size=3D"-1"><font face=3D"Arial">Hello Rick,<br>
        <br>
        May I suggest that you use &quot;memory&quot; foam for your seats.=
=C2=A0=C2=A0 I
        used that stuff when I did my seats and it is incredible !!!=C2=A0
        But get the firmest grade. <br>
        <br>
        Things not running smoothly here !!<br>
        Decided my MGB GT V8 needed a radio.=C2=A0 Had a $$$ Pioneer put in
        by radio shop.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Found it would not pick up the two weak
        stations that have no adverts.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Windscreen antenna usele=
ss.=C2=A0
        Bought a $40 portable for garage which worked fine in my garage
        AND the MGB !!!!=C2=A0=C2=A0 After car radio installed my car batte=
ry went
        flat after a few days!!!!!=C2=A0=C2=A0 Returned to car radio shop a=
nd had
        $$$ powered antenna installed.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Weak stations were picke=
d up -
        hurrah.=C2=A0=C2=A0 But told to stop radio flattening my battery I =
had to
        remove face plate (WHAAAT!) because the radio was for modern
        cars.=C2=A0=C2=A0 So I had them install a kill switch and hopefully=
 that
        works.=C2=A0 (it does!). =C2=A0=C2=A0 So it would appear that the m=
odern &quot;off&quot;
        is not off just as with my cell phone which goes dead after a
        few days because it polls the towers for calls <i>even</i>
        after switching &quot;off&quot; =C2=A0 Technology is getting stupid=
 these days.
        =C2=A0 Fancy, my Pioneer has all sorts of cr*p, Pandora, Bluetooth,
        Spotify, Sirius, telephone and more but <i>cannot=C2=A0 </i>pick up
        weak stations as can my Golf and garage portable !!!!!! <br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class=3D"gmail-m_8177089698290067535moz-cite-prefix">On 8/28/2019 =
8:23 AM, Richard Lindsay
      via Mgs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"auto">Hello friends,
        <div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0It is SO quiet here! Everyone&#39;s =
cars must be
          running perfectly! What else might one expect?
          <div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I have made no progress on my TD. =
The car
            is 98% restored and with only four tasks remaining.</div>
          <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir=3D"auto">1. Replace the choke cable.</div>
          <div dir=3D"auto">2. Install the new top and side screens
            covers.</div>
          <div dir=3D"auto">3. Uncover the seat back upholstery and
            reshape the foam pad. More on that below.</div>
          <div dir=3D"auto">4. Replace the brake master cylinder and
            re-bleed the brakes.</div>
          <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir=3D"auto">With all of that done, the little car will be
            ready for fall weather motoring. Of course, there is no rush
            since I live in Houston, Texas where autumn doesn&#39;t arrive
            until December!!!</div>
          <div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0Now for item number three: When I
            originally uncovered the TD&#39;s seat back I discovered that
            the metal springs were rusted and failing beyond repair. The
            backing board was also delaminating. So I then used the old
            backing board as a template to mark and cut a new board. I
            then padded the board with foam rubber but didn&#39;t contour
            the foam correctly. The result was a beautiful seat back
            that placed the driver far too close to the steering wheel!
            Here&#39;s how it looked.</div>
          <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir=3D"auto"><a href=3D"http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_1247=
37.jpg" target=3D"_blank">http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg</a><br=
          </div>
          <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0So now I need to remove the new le=
ather
            upholstery and re-contour the foam correctly. And this time
            I will test the shape before reinstalling the leather!</div>
          <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir=3D"auto">Rick</div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class=3D"gmail-m_8177089698290067535mimeAttachmentHeader"><=
/fieldset>
      <pre class=3D"gmail-m_8177089698290067535moz-quote-pre">_____________=
__________________________________

<a class=3D"gmail-m_8177089698290067535moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"ma=
ilto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>
=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/=
donate.html</a>

Archive: <a class=3D"gmail-m_8177089698290067535moz-txt-link-freetext" href=
=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.ne=
t/pipermail/mgs</a> <a class=3D"gmail-m_8177089698290067535moz-txt-link-fre=
etext" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class=3D"gmail-m_8177089698290067535moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]<=
/a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" rel=3D"noreferrer" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a href=3D"http://au=
tox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/dan.dibia=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/ma=
ilman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000000b793305912e8705--

--===============7523867813107552461==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7523867813107552461==--