Subject: Re: [Mgs] High priced V8

From: Max Heim via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 17:31:56 -0700

Well, that is is really a complete custom build. They probably put all of that into it. Doesn’t really have any relevance to original spec cars, IMO.

--
Max Heim
[email-masked]

> On Aug 16, 2019, at 5:23 PM, Chris Moog via Mgs <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Don't know if anyone posted this but
> 
> https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/
> 
> 

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 14:45:55 -1000

--===============3887052543473512177==

--000000000000b0b9630590456e75

Probably a fun car to drive, may be comfortable and drive nicely but...of
no interest to me at all. Such is life and to each his own. But the asking
price! Holy cow! I can buy a fair condition 308GTS for that kind of money.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 PM Chris Moog via Mgs <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000b0b9630590456e75
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><div>Probably a fun car to drive, may be comfortable and =
drive nicely but...of no interest to me at all. Such is life and to each hi=
s own. But the asking price! Holy cow! I can buy a fair condition 308GTS fo=
r that kind of money.<br><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" cl=
ass=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 PM Chris Moog via Mgs &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></d=
iv><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left=
:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Don&#39;t know if anyone posted this but<=
br>
<br>
<a href=3D"https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://bringatrailer.com/listing/197=
4-mg-mgb-gt-17/</a><br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">=
[email-masked]</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" rel=3D"noreferrer no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"=
_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/richardol=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://au=
tox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div></div></div>

--000000000000b0b9630590456e75--

--===============3887052543473512177==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3887052543473512177==--

---

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 07:41:37 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001B_01D554CF.33D7C5C0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D554CF.33D7C5C0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001C_01D554CF.33D7C5C0"

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01D554CF.33D7C5C0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Completely NUTS!!!!  No way that car is worth that.

=20

From: Mgs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Richard Lindsay via =
Mgs
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 7:46 PM
To: MGs <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] High priced V8

=20

Probably a fun car to drive, may be comfortable and drive nicely =
but...of no interest to me at all. Such is life and to each his own. But =
the asking price! Holy cow! I can buy a fair condition 308GTS for that =
kind of money.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 PM Chris Moog via Mgs <[email-masked] =

Unsubscribe: =

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01D554CF.33D7C5C0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Completely =
NUTS!!!!=C2=A0 No way that car is worth that.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
Mgs &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Richard =
Lindsay via Mgs<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, August 16, 2019 7:46 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> MGs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: =
[Mgs] High priced V8<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Probably a fun car to drive, may be =
comfortable and drive nicely but...of no interest to me at all. Such is =
life and to each his own. But the asking price! Holy cow! I can buy a =
fair condition 308GTS for that kind of money.<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 PM Chris Moog via Mgs =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal>Don't =
know if anyone posted this but<br><br><a =
href=3D"https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/" =
target=3D"_blank">https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/</a=
><br><br><br>_______________________________________________<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe: =
<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]=
om" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/richardolinds=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></div></div></div></bod=
y></html>
------=_NextPart_001_001C_01D554CF.33D7C5C0--

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D554CF.33D7C5C0
	name="Untitled attachment 00003.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Untitled attachment 00003.txt"

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D554CF.33D7C5C0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D554CF.33D7C5C0--

---

From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 11:19:57 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0085544275635489336==
 boundary="------------9B751C078AC963D90D9D10C1"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------9B751C078AC963D90D9D10C1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I built from the ground up an MGB GT V8 because they were never imported 
into NA - I had the "normal" MGB GT which did not have enough grunt to 
overtake lorries on the highway.   The building of a factory MGB GT V8 
included the Rover 3.5L V8 with HC pistons, Webers and mild cam.(370lbs 
as against 450lbs of Ford 302ci engine).   The result was enough grunt 
to embarrass Porches and Mustangs as well as those rice burners.  Unlike 
the Ford powered rebuilds my "factory" MGB has prefect weight 
distribution so is like handling a go-kart.  It sips fuel and at highway 
speed it ticks over at just over 1k rpm.   On top of this exceptionally 
blessed machine it looks great.  None of this NA desire to have a BIG 
car and the added body work to achieve this.   Bags of groceries etc. 
room using the back trunk "door".  But only one other passenger can be 
accommodated albeit not in comfort.   It is only a family of two car!

So to me the price is almost right except for that Ford engine. It would 
be easier to buy this instead of going through the rebuild process.  But 
why not a lighter legendary Rover V8 which could be opened  to 5L - (but 
why? - 3.5 is enough!).  The 1974-plus MGBs have engine bays configured 
to take the Rover engines. The other thing is that there is obviously 
much deviation from the original MGB GT so that it may not excite ardent 
MGB devotees.   But it does look nice................

Cheers
Barrie Robinson
Chairman
Aston Martin Feltham Club

On 8/17/2019 8:41 AM, dave via Mgs wrote:
> *From:* Mgs <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *Richard 
> Lindsay via Mgs
> *Sent:* Friday, August 16, 2019 7:46 PM
> *To:* MGs <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* Re: [Mgs] High priced V8
>
> Probably a fun car to drive, may be comfortable and drive nicely 
> but...of no interest to me at all. Such is life and to each his own. 
> But the asking price! Holy cow! I can buy a fair condition 308GTS for 
> that kind of money.
>
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 PM Chris Moog via Mgs <[email-masked] 
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--------------9B751C078AC963D90D9D10C1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">I built from the ground up an MGB
        GT V8 because they were never imported into NA - I had the
        "normal" MGB GT which did not have enough grunt to overtake
        lorries on the highway.   The building of a factory MGB GT V8
        included the Rover 3.5L V8 with HC pistons, Webers and mild
        cam.(370lbs as against 450lbs of Ford 302ci engine).   The
        result was enough grunt to embarrass Porches and Mustangs as
        well as those rice burners.  Unlike the Ford powered rebuilds my
        "factory" MGB has prefect weight distribution so is like
        handling a go-kart.  It sips fuel and at highway speed it ticks
        over at just over 1k rpm.   On top of this exceptionally blessed
        machine it looks great.  None of this NA desire to have a BIG
        car and the added body work to achieve this.   Bags of groceries
        etc. room using the back trunk "door".  But only one other
        passenger can be accommodated albeit not in comfort.   It is
        only a family of two car!<br>
        <br>
        So to me the price is almost right except for that Ford engine.
        It would be easier to buy this instead of going through the
        rebuild process.  But why not a lighter legendary Rover V8 which
        could be opened  to 5L - (but why? - 3.5 is enough!).  The
        1974-plus MGBs have engine bays configured to take the Rover
        engines. The other thing is that there is obviously much
        deviation from the original MGB GT so that it may not excite
        ardent MGB devotees.   But it does look nice................<br>
        <br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie Robinson<br>
        Chairman<br>
        Aston Martin Feltham Club<br>
        <br>
        <br>
        <br>
        <br>
      </font></font>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/17/2019 8:41 AM, dave via Mgs
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">Completely NUTS!!!!  No way that car is
          worth that.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Mgs
          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On Behalf Of </b>Richard
          Lindsay via Mgs<br>
          <b>Sent:</b> Friday, August 16, 2019 7:46 PM<br>
          <b>To:</b> MGs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Mgs] High priced V8<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">Probably a
              fun car to drive, may be comfortable and drive nicely
              but...of no interest to me at all. Such is life and to
              each his own. But the asking price! Holy cow! I can buy a
              fair condition 308GTS for that kind of money.<o:p></o:p></p>
            <div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal">On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 PM Chris
                  Moog via Mgs &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
              </div>
              <blockquote style="border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC
                1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in
                6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in">
                <p class="MsoNormal">Don't know if anyone posted this
                  but<br>
                  <br>
                  <a
                    href="https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/</a><br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  _______________________________________________<br>
                  <br>
                  <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                  Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                  Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                  <br>
                  Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
                  <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                  <br>
                  Unsubscribe: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
              </blockquote>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------9B751C078AC963D90D9D10C1--

--===============0085544275635489336==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0085544275635489336==--

---

From: Jim Ray via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 12:43:27 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1022258369559997083==
 boundary="------------5CF58B2567A559C6747FFC08"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------5CF58B2567A559C6747FFC08
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I agree with Barrie in every respect except the original MGB V8 came 
with twin SU HIF6 carburetors instead of Webers , had a compression 
ratio of 8.26 : 1 and the same camshaft that was in the Rover version of 
the 3.5 engine. This is based on two sources, the MGB GT V8 Workshop 
Manual Supplement and personal observations of Barry Rosenberg's 
original right-hand drive car he imported from England.

Jim Ray

1980 MGB V8 conversion

On 8/17/2019 11:19 AM, Barrie Robinson via Mgs wrote:
> I built from the ground up an MGB GT V8 because they were never 
> imported into NA - I had the "normal" MGB GT which did not have enough 
> grunt to overtake lorries on the highway.   The building of a factory 
> MGB GT V8 included the Rover 3.5L V8 with HC pistons, Webers and mild 
> cam.(370lbs as against 450lbs of Ford 302ci engine).   The result was 
> enough grunt to embarrass Porches and Mustangs as well as those rice 
> burners.  Unlike the Ford powered rebuilds my "factory" MGB has 
> prefect weight distribution so is like handling a go-kart.  It sips 
> fuel and at highway speed it ticks over at just over 1k rpm.   On top 
> of this exceptionally blessed machine it looks great.  None of this NA 
> desire to have a BIG car and the added body work to achieve this.   
> Bags of groceries etc. room using the back trunk "door".  But only one 
> other passenger can be accommodated albeit not in comfort.   It is 
> only a family of two car!
>
> So to me the price is almost right except for that Ford engine. It 
> would be easier to buy this instead of going through the rebuild 
> process.  But why not a lighter legendary Rover V8 which could be 
> opened  to 5L - (but why? - 3.5 is enough!).  The 1974-plus MGBs have 
> engine bays configured to take the Rover engines. The other thing is 
> that there is obviously much deviation from the original MGB GT so 
> that it may not excite ardent MGB devotees.   But it does look 
> nice................
>
> Cheers
> Barrie Robinson
> Chairman
>> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs  http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> Unsubscribe:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
>
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--------------5CF58B2567A559C6747FFC08
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>I agree with Barrie in every respect except the original MGB V8
      came with twin SU HIF6 carburetors instead of Webers , had a
      compression ratio of 8.26 : 1 and the same camshaft that was in
      the Rover version of the 3.5 engine. This is based on two sources,
      the MGB GT V8 Workshop Manual Supplement and personal observations
      of Barry Rosenberg's original right-hand drive car he imported
      from England.</p>
    <p>Jim Ray</p>
    <p>1980 MGB V8 conversion<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/17/2019 11:19 AM, Barrie Robinson
      via Mgs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">I built from the ground up an
          MGB GT V8 because they were never imported into NA - I had the
          "normal" MGB GT which did not have enough grunt to overtake
          lorries on the highway.   The building of a factory MGB GT V8
          included the Rover 3.5L V8 with HC pistons, Webers and mild
          cam.(370lbs as against 450lbs of Ford 302ci engine).   The
          result was enough grunt to embarrass Porches and Mustangs as
          well as those rice burners.  Unlike the Ford powered rebuilds
          my "factory" MGB has prefect weight distribution so is like
          handling a go-kart.  It sips fuel and at highway speed it
          ticks over at just over 1k rpm.   On top of this exceptionally
          blessed machine it looks great.  None of this NA desire to
          have a BIG car and the added body work to achieve this.   Bags
          of groceries etc. room using the back trunk "door".  But only
          one other passenger can be accommodated albeit not in
          comfort.   It is only a family of two car!<br>
          <br>
          So to me the price is almost right except for that Ford
          engine. It would be easier to buy this instead of going
          through the rebuild process.  But why not a lighter legendary
          Rover V8 which could be opened  to 5L - (but why? - 3.5 is
          enough!).  The 1974-plus MGBs have engine bays configured to
          take the Rover engines. The other thing is that there is
          obviously much deviation from the original MGB GT so that it
          may not excite ardent MGB devotees.   But it does look
          nice................<br>
          <br>
          Cheers<br>
          Barrie Robinson<br>
          Chairman<br>
          Aston Martin Feltham Club<br>
          <br>
          <br>
          <br>
          <br>
        </font></font>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/17/2019 8:41 AM, dave via Mgs
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
          medium)">
        <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
        <div class="WordSection1">
          <p class="MsoNormal">Completely NUTS!!!!  No way that car is
            worth that.<o:p></o:p></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Mgs <a
              class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
              moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
            <b>On Behalf Of </b>Richard Lindsay via Mgs<br>
            <b>Sent:</b> Friday, August 16, 2019 7:46 PM<br>
            <b>To:</b> MGs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
            <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Mgs] High priced V8<o:p></o:p></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
          <div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">Probably
                a fun car to drive, may be comfortable and drive nicely
                but...of no interest to me at all. Such is life and to
                each his own. But the asking price! Holy cow! I can buy
                a fair condition 308GTS for that kind of money.<o:p></o:p></p>
              <div>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 PM
                    Chris Moog via Mgs &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                    wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
                </div>
                <blockquote style="border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC
                  1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in
                  6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in">
                  <p class="MsoNormal">Don't know if anyone posted this
                    but<br>
                    <br>
                    <a
                      href="https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/</a><br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    _______________________________________________<br>
                    <br>
                    <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                    Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                    Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                    <br>
                    Archive: <a
                      href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
                    <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                    <br>
                    Unsubscribe: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <br>
        <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------5CF58B2567A559C6747FFC08--

--===============1022258369559997083==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1022258369559997083==--

---

From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:51:34 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0248105588462660732==
 boundary="------------BD37A0C0046C062530AE5BD0"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------BD37A0C0046C062530AE5BD0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello all,

When one looks at nice a shiny Rover 3.5L configured to give 137 bhp it 
is impossible not to jiggle it up a bit more !!!   The engine arrived 
with SU's but Edelbrocks were such a nice fit and with the tweeks took 
it up to well over 200 bhp.  Edelbrocks are Webers just relabeled as NAs 
are not familiar with Webers.

On 8/17/2019 12:43 PM, Jim Ray via Mgs wrote:
> ratio of 8.26 : 1 and the same camshaft that was in the Rover version 
> of the 3.5 engine. This is based on two sources, the MGB GT V8 
> Workshop Manual Supplement and personal observations of Barry 
> Rosenberg's original right-hand drive car he imported from England.
>
> Jim Ray
>
> 1980 MGB V8 conversion
>
>> imported into NA - I had the "normal" MGB GT which did not have 
>> enough grunt to overtake lorries on the highway.   The building of a 
>> factory MGB GT V8 included the Rover 3.5L V8 with HC pistons, Webers 
>> and mild cam.(370lbs as against 450lbs of Ford 302ci engine).   The 
>> result was enough grunt to embarrass Porches and Mustangs as well as 
>> those rice burners.  Unlike the Ford powered rebuilds my "factory" 
>> MGB has prefect weight distribution so is like handling a go-kart.  
>> It sips fuel and at highway speed it ticks over at just over 1k 
>> rpm.   On top of this exceptionally blessed machine it looks great. 
>> None of this NA desire to have a BIG car and the added body work to 
>> achieve this.   Bags of groceries etc. room using the back trunk 
>> "door".  But only one other passenger can be accommodated albeit not 
>> in comfort.   It is only a family of two car!
>>
>>> But the asking price! Holy cow! I can buy a fair condition 308GTS 
>>> for that kind of money.
>>>
>> Unsubscribe:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
>

--------------BD37A0C0046C062530AE5BD0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello all,<br>
        <br>
        When one looks at nice a shiny Rover 3.5L configured to give 137
        bhp it is impossible not to jiggle it up a bit more !!!   The
        engine arrived with SU's but Edelbrocks were such a nice fit and
        with the tweeks took it up to well over 200 bhp.  Edelbrocks are
        Webers just relabeled as NAs are not familiar with Webers.<br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/17/2019 12:43 PM, Jim Ray via Mgs
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <p>I agree with Barrie in every respect except the original MGB V8
        came with twin SU HIF6 carburetors instead of Webers , had a
        compression ratio of 8.26 : 1 and the same camshaft that was in
        the Rover version of the 3.5 engine. This is based on two
        sources, the MGB GT V8 Workshop Manual Supplement and personal
        observations of Barry Rosenberg's original right-hand drive car
        he imported from England.</p>
      <p>Jim Ray</p>
      <p>1980 MGB V8 conversion<br>
      </p>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/17/2019 11:19 AM, Barrie
        Robinson via Mgs wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">I built from the ground up an
            MGB GT V8 because they were never imported into NA - I had
            the "normal" MGB GT which did not have enough grunt to
            overtake lorries on the highway.   The building of a factory
            MGB GT V8 included the Rover 3.5L V8 with HC pistons, Webers
            and mild cam.(370lbs as against 450lbs of Ford 302ci
            engine).   The result was enough grunt to embarrass Porches
            and Mustangs as well as those rice burners.  Unlike the Ford
            powered rebuilds my "factory" MGB has prefect weight
            distribution so is like handling a go-kart.  It sips fuel
            and at highway speed it ticks over at just over 1k rpm.   On
            top of this exceptionally blessed machine it looks great. 
            None of this NA desire to have a BIG car and the added body
            work to achieve this.   Bags of groceries etc. room using
            the back trunk "door".  But only one other passenger can be
            accommodated albeit not in comfort.   It is only a family of
            two car!<br>
            <br>
            So to me the price is almost right except for that Ford
            engine. It would be easier to buy this instead of going
            through the rebuild process.  But why not a lighter
            legendary Rover V8 which could be opened  to 5L - (but why?
            - 3.5 is enough!).  The 1974-plus MGBs have engine bays
            configured to take the Rover engines. The other thing is
            that there is obviously much deviation from the original MGB
            GT so that it may not excite ardent MGB devotees.   But it
            does look nice................<br>
            <br>
            Cheers<br>
            Barrie Robinson<br>
            Chairman<br>
            Aston Martin Feltham Club<br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <br>
          </font></font>
        <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/17/2019 8:41 AM, dave via Mgs
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote type="cite"
          cite="mid:[email-masked]">
          <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
            charset=UTF-8">
          <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
            medium)">
          <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          <div class="WordSection1">
            <p class="MsoNormal">Completely NUTS!!!!  No way that car is
              worth that.<o:p></o:p></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Mgs <a
                class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
              <b>On Behalf Of </b>Richard Lindsay via Mgs<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Friday, August 16, 2019 7:46 PM<br>
              <b>To:</b> MGs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Mgs] High priced V8<o:p></o:p></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            <div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">Probably
                  a fun car to drive, may be comfortable and drive
                  nicely but...of no interest to me at all. Such is life
                  and to each his own. But the asking price! Holy cow! I
                  can buy a fair condition 308GTS for that kind of
                  money.<o:p></o:p></p>
                <div>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal">On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 PM
                      Chris Moog via Mgs &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
                  </div>
                  <blockquote style="border:none;border-left:solid
                    #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in
                    6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in">
                    <p class="MsoNormal">Don't know if anyone posted
                      this but<br>
                      <br>
                      <a
                        href="https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-mg-mgb-gt-17/</a><br>
                      <br>
                      <br>
                      _______________________________________________<br>
                      <br>
                      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                      Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                      Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                      <br>
                      Archive: <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
                      <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                      <br>
                      Unsubscribe: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
                  </blockquote>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
          <br>
          <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
          <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

--------------BD37A0C0046C062530AE5BD0--

--===============0248105588462660732==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0248105588462660732==--