Subject: [Mgs] MGA brakes

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 09:38:57 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1058746952167350192==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0026_01D54783.C6EFA660"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01D54783.C6EFA660
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

We have an mga that hasn't moved for about 6 months due to the master
cylinder.  We put all new seals in the brake side of the master cylinder,
and bled all four corners quite a bit.  Clutch works just fine.

Took it out for a test, and the brakes work pretty well, driving perhaps a
mile with numerous application of the brakes, just once, the brakes pretty
much failed and I had to pump it quite a bit.  Then they worked fine again
just fine for the rest of the test drive.  Car sat for about an hour, then I
took it out again for another test drive.  Exactly the same - brakes worked
great except just once it was like they failed, but after a good bit of
pumping they came back up and I drove it back in, testing the brakes
numerous times with good results.

We don't know how old the hoses are; that's my next item to replace.

Any one have any other ideas?

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01D54783.C6EFA660
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>We have an mga that hasn&#8217;t moved for about 6 =
months due to the master cylinder.&nbsp; We put all new seals in the =
brake side of the master cylinder, and bled all four corners quite a =
bit.&nbsp; Clutch works just fine.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Took it out =
for a test, and the brakes work pretty well, driving perhaps a mile with =
numerous application of the brakes, just once, the brakes pretty much =
failed and I had to pump it quite a bit.&nbsp; Then they worked fine =
again just fine for the rest of the test drive.&nbsp; Car sat for about =
an hour, then I took it out again for another test drive.&nbsp; Exactly =
the same &#8211; brakes worked great except just once it was like they =
failed, but after a good bit of pumping they came back up and I drove it =
back in, testing the brakes numerous times with good =
results.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>We don&#8217;t know how old the hoses are; =
that&#8217;s my next item to replace.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Any one have =
any other ideas?<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01D54783.C6EFA660--

--===============1058746952167350192==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============1058746952167350192==--