Subject: [Mgs] PCV question

From: dannyvarnado--- via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 17:09:17 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1207854841121503657==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0185_01D51A2F.15237CD0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0185_01D51A2F.15237CD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi all,

I have a '74 MBG engine with a '64 through '67 PCV valve on the manifold and
connected to the front cover breather pipe.  I have a hose running from the
valve cover pipe to the air cleaner.

Seems to work fine for daily around town driving.  My problem occurs when
traveling at 65 mph sustained speed for about 100 miles. 

The problem is I blow out about half a quart of oil from somewhere
mid-engine or back on the passenger side.  I can't find any obvious place
that the oil is coming from but it seems to be concentrated near the
starter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Danny

------=_NextPart_000_0185_01D51A2F.15237CD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi all,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have a =
&#8217;74 MBG engine with a &#8217;64 through &#8217;67 PCV valve on the =
manifold and connected to the front cover breather pipe.&nbsp; I have a =
hose running from the valve cover pipe to the air =
cleaner.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Seems to work fine for daily =
around town driving.&nbsp; My problem occurs when traveling at 65 mph =
sustained speed for about 100 miles. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The problem is I blow out about half a quart of oil =
from somewhere mid-engine or back on the passenger side.&nbsp; I =
can&#8217;t find any obvious place that the oil is coming from but it =
seems to be concentrated near the starter.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Any suggestions?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Danny<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0185_01D51A2F.15237CD0--

--===============1207854841121503657==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============1207854841121503657==--