Subject: [Mgs] 1978 MGB

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 17:44:33 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0975420379352890423==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001A_01D51D58.AB32AC10"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01D51D58.AB32AC10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

After a short hiatus, I am back trying to figure this thing out.

Starts when cold, no problem.  runs at 2500 to 3000 rpm no problem.

Let it go down to 1000 or so and it dies.  Will not restart.

Fuel is flowing.

Spark on all 4 cylinders according to my spark testing tool

Starter fluid accomplishes nothing

No signs of flooding - no gas smell, plugs are neither oily nor gassy, no
gas pouring into carb

This has the water choke.  Could that be the problem?

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01D51D58.AB32AC10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>After a short hiatus, I am back trying to figure this =
thing out.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Starts when cold, no problem.&nbsp; runs at 2500 to =
3000 rpm no problem.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Let it go =
down to 1000 or so and it dies.&nbsp; Will not restart.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Fuel is =
flowing.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Spark on all 4 cylinders =
according to my spark testing tool<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Starter fluid accomplishes nothing<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>No signs of flooding &#8211; no gas smell, plugs are =
neither oily nor gassy, no gas pouring into carb<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This has the =
water choke.&nbsp; Could that be the =
problem?<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_001A_01D51D58.AB32AC10--

--===============0975420379352890423==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============0975420379352890423==--