Subject: Re: [Mgs] Speakers in the door

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 08:34:05 +0100 VaclHGy+rlP6JLEyj4kpuQCLSrXP/bMlznBADC81mvtfQPZxZFoVkiRHXYYSbiFo26ImUgmZjInUWIxxAEP+V61dKsnR/GIVh/g3SQRtbpVkKtPPERDZ8OFW

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0662954671332058614==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0020_01D4E865.AADF9F70"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01D4E865.AADF9F70
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The factory ran them round the top hinge from a hole in the door just =
under the hinge and in the A-pillar just aft of the hinge, as shown here =
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/radio.htm#3

My 75 V8 has those holes even though speakers weren't provided until =
77/78, I used them for the central locking. Just double-insulated =
stranded twin-core such as would be used for a mains appliance (uk at =
least), which has been fine for maybe 20 years now.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I am intending to put my speakers in the doors.  Does anyone have =
recommendations as how to run the connections through the door gap?   I =
did see once a plug and socket affair but that means no sound when the =
door is open - no big deal!    I am thinking just thick multi-strand =
wire loop?

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01D4E865.AADF9F70
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8" http-equiv=3Dcontent-type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The factory ran them&nbsp;round the top hinge from =
a&nbsp;hole=20
in the door just under the hinge and in the A-pillar just aft of the =
hinge, as=20
shown here <A=20
href=3D"http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/radio.htm#3">http://www.mgb-stuff.org=
.uk/radio.htm#3</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My 75 V8 has those holes even though speakers =
weren't provided=20
until 77/78,&nbsp;I used them for the central locking. Just =
double-insulated=20
stranded&nbsp;twin-core such as would be used for a mains appliance (uk =
at=20
least), which has been fine for maybe 20 years now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV><FONT=20
  size=3D-1><FONT face=3DArial><BR>I am intending to put my speakers in =
the=20
  doors.&nbsp; Does anyone have recommendations as how to run the =
connections=20
  through the door gap?&nbsp;&nbsp; I did see once a plug and socket =
affair but=20
  that means no sound when the door is open - no big =
deal!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I=20
  am thinking just thick multi-strand wire=20
loop?<BR></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01D4E865.AADF9F70--

--===============0662954671332058614==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============0662954671332058614==--