Subject: [Mgs] i am so frustrated!!!!

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 20:27:28 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3294579888418454504==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001D_01D4DE92.2CF6CBB0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01D4DE92.2CF6CBB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

You may remember I posted a picture of a non running 78 B I picked up.
Removed the valve cover, lined up the valves, used a steel rod to ensure #1
was at TDC, backed it off just a bit so it was about 10 degrees BTC and
found that the rotor pointed to one of the dizzy wires.  Not #1 btw.  The
wires were just all wrong; took them all off and put them in correctly.  Car
fired right up using starter fluid, but wouldn't continue to run.

Definitely due to impatience, and not following a logical sequence of
trouble shooting, after blowing out the fuel line, swapping out the electric
fuel pump, I finally figured out that the fuel line between the gas tank and
the fuel pump was clogged.  (Didn't blow that one out!!!)  and yes I'm
planning on replacing ALL rubber fuel lines.

Got it really purring on the new fuel pump, swapped the old one back in and
the car ran fine.  

got all the wiring reredone after I butchered it reremoving and rereplacing
fuel pumps, put back the various hoses and things I had removed in the
engine compartment after removing the valve cover.

Nada.  

Nothing.

Even with starter fluid.

Time to do something else.  I'll revisit this another day and in the
meantime hook it back up to the battery charger.

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01D4DE92.2CF6CBB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>You may remember I posted a picture of a non running =
78 B I picked up.&nbsp; Removed the valve cover, lined up the valves, =
used a steel rod to ensure #1 was at TDC, backed it off just a bit so it =
was about 10 degrees BTC and found that the rotor pointed to one of the =
dizzy wires.&nbsp; Not #1 btw.&nbsp; The wires were just all wrong; took =
them all off and put them in correctly.&nbsp; Car fired right up using =
starter fluid, but wouldn&#8217;t continue to run.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Definitely =
due to impatience, and not following a logical sequence of trouble =
shooting, after blowing out the fuel line, swapping out the electric =
fuel pump, I finally figured out that the fuel line between the gas tank =
and the fuel pump was clogged.&nbsp; (Didn&#8217;t blow that one =
out!!!)&nbsp; and yes I&#8217;m planning on replacing ALL rubber fuel =
lines.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Got it really purring on the new fuel pump, swapped =
the old one back in and the car ran fine.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>got all the =
wiring reredone after I butchered it reremoving and rereplacing fuel =
pumps, put back the various hoses and things I had removed in the engine =
compartment after removing the valve cover.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Nada.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Nothing.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Even with =
starter fluid.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Time to do =
something else.&nbsp; I&#8217;ll revisit this another day and in the =
meantime hook it back up to the battery =
charger.<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_001D_01D4DE92.2CF6CBB0--

--===============3294579888418454504==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============3294579888418454504==--