Subject: Re: [Mgs] voltage regulator

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 20:59:56 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8055966464677502404==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002F_01D4AF70.C4E46F50"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01D4AF70.C4E46F50
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The regulator controlling the generator

=20

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 8:41 PM
To: Dave <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] voltage regulator

=20

Are you going talking about the regulator controlling the generator, or =
the stabilizer for the gauges?

=20

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019, 8:29 PM dave via Mgs <[email-masked] =

Does anyone know how to test a voltage regulator out of an old mga?  Its =
sitting on my bench.

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs

Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01D4AF70.C4E46F50
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>The =
regulator controlling the generator<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
Richard Lindsay &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> =
Friday, January 18, 2019 8:41 PM<br><b>To:</b> Dave =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Mgs] voltage =
regulator<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Are you =
going talking about the regulator controlling the generator, or the =
stabilizer for the gauges?<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Fri, Jan 18, 2019, 8:29 PM dave via Mgs &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Does anyone =
know how to test a voltage regulator out of an old mga?&nbsp; Its =
sitting on my bench.<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>_______________________________________________<br><br>=
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a><br><br>Unsubscrib=
e: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]=
om" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/richardolinds=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_002F_01D4AF70.C4E46F50--

--===============8055966464677502404==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============8055966464677502404==--

---

From: Simon Matthews via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 19:09:43 -0800

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/books/wsm/wsm_n_electrical.pdf

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 6:18 PM dave via Mgs <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how to test a voltage regulator out of an old mga?  Its sitting on my bench.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 10:49:27 -0000 HW1OH/KFh/T7uPvQDpwcj+5MVaZ1hDiDZqmsPIrNzkYgxWNSMDMyzuW5vCPpQBV8NAWjJGfzyX0SwQ==

That doesn't give any information on bench testing, only when attached to an 
engine.  Unless you have a variable voltage supply capable of delivering at 
least 20 volts at 25 amps, an ammeter reading up to 25 amps and a variable 
resistance load capable of dissipating some 300 watts that's about the only 
way to comprehensively test a 3-relay control box, although the two-relay 
type don't need the full 25 amps.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]