Subject: [Mgs] exhaust stud

From: dave via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 17:18:28 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8536051973860119572==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000C_01D4A51A.AD44FFA0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01D4A51A.AD44FFA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Moss Part #328-990

it was in the exhaust manifold at the base where it attaches to the front
pipe.  I had to cut two off to get the front pipe off and the third one,
which was not attached to anything, is mostly just rust.

I'm assuming the coarse thread goes into the manifold, leaving the long fine
thread for attaching to the front pipe.

Seeing what rough shape these were in, but of course not knowing the history
- these could be from 56 when the car was built - I'm thinking this is a
good place for stainless steel?  Or some other more corrosion resistant
metal.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm thinking maybe ARP has some such animal?

Thanks!

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01D4A51A.AD44FFA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Moss Part #328-990<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>it was in =
the exhaust manifold at the base where it attaches to the front =
pipe.&nbsp; I had to cut two off to get the front pipe off and the third =
one, which was not attached to anything, is mostly just =
rust.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;m assuming the coarse thread goes into the =
manifold, leaving the long fine thread for attaching to the front =
pipe.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Seeing what rough shape these were in, but of course =
not knowing the history &#8211; these could be from 56 when the car was =
built &#8211; I&#8217;m thinking this is a good place for stainless =
steel?&nbsp; Or some other more corrosion resistant =
metal.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Anyone have any suggestions?&nbsp; I&#8217;m thinking =
maybe ARP has some such animal?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks!<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000C_01D4A51A.AD44FFA0--

--===============8536051973860119572==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============8536051973860119572==--