Subject: Re: [Mgs] Carbs still being nasty

From: Clayton Kirkwood via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 13:45:33 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7267898059868013694==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_044F_01D24E34.AF932E10"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_044F_01D24E34.AF932E10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Current status:

I definitely have plugged overflow tubes.

At least one of the valves (the front one) had the valve needle upside down:
the rubber tip was headed down not up.

I pulled one of the jet needles in the piston out and it showed that the
needle had been removed and retained many times: lots of roughness from
where the needle screw bites in. The needle looks straight, but maybe it is
just time to replace both needles.

The piston drop is still not solved. Maybe the new needles will solve this.

Starter has become a problem.

Thanks all,

Clayton

------=_NextPart_000_044F_01D24E34.AF932E10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Current status:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I definitely =
have plugged overflow tubes.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>At least =
one of the valves (the front one) had the valve needle upside down: the =
rubber tip was headed down not up.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
pulled one of the jet needles in the piston out and it showed that the =
needle had been removed and retained many times: lots of roughness from =
where the needle screw bites in. The needle looks straight, but maybe it =
is just time to replace both needles.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The piston drop is still not solved. Maybe the new =
needles will solve this.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Starter has =
become a problem.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks =
all,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Clayton<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_044F_01D24E34.AF932E10--

--===============7267898059868013694==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============7267898059868013694==--