Subject: [Mgs] question on mga carb tuning

From: Clayton Kirkwood via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 09:23:49 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7034672091826248991==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_013D_01D23D8F.A4C7C960"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_013D_01D23D8F.A4C7C960
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am in the process of trying to reset my 1622 carbs. The manual speaks of
backing the idle screw all the way and then adding a rotation back in for
fast idle. I couldn't get anywhere until I turned it in about four turns. Is
there a problem? Also, pushing the lifter didn't do anything, but lifting
the piston caused the engine to die. Problem?

Moved to the front carb. My piston lifter popped out and now I have
significant sucking going on there. I presume that this will keep me from
properly tuning the front? I was unable to get the car running unless I
turned the idle screw up pretty far again. Very rough start. Yes, I backed
out the rear idle all the way and lifted the piston as noted and had all
interconnects disconnected.

Is there a simple way to lock down the cable to the throttle; it seems
tenuous at best?

I presume my float bowls need to be mostly full so as to have enough fuel
for hard acceleration? Mine have the top of the bloat about an inch down.

I could never get the jet nut to make any difference either.

Thanks,

Clayton

------=_NextPart_000_013D_01D23D8F.A4C7C960
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I am in the process of trying to reset my 1622 carbs. =
The manual speaks of backing the idle screw all the way and then adding =
a rotation back in for fast idle. I couldn&#8217;t get anywhere until I =
turned it in about four turns. Is there a problem? Also, pushing the =
lifter didn&#8217;t do anything, but lifting the piston caused the =
engine to die. Problem?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Moved to the =
front carb. My piston lifter popped out and now I have significant =
sucking going on there. I presume that this will keep me from properly =
tuning the front? I was unable to get the car running unless I turned =
the idle screw up pretty far again. Very rough start. Yes, I backed out =
the rear idle all the way and lifted the piston as noted and had all =
interconnects disconnected.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Is there a =
simple way to lock down the cable to the throttle; it seems tenuous at =
best?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I presume my float bowls need to be mostly full so as =
to have enough fuel for hard acceleration? Mine have the top of the =
bloat about an inch down.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I could =
never get the jet nut to make any difference either.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Clayton<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_013D_01D23D8F.A4C7C960--

--===============7034672091826248991==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============7034672091826248991==--