Subject: [Mgs] LBC Valuation in Divorce

From: daybell7--- via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 11:27:39 +0000 s=20150623; t=1473595487; bh=j2Q3zRg7hWSid5fjaztR9An5JW7hBYIMWJI1RGo141c=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=LL8nodfFv4xqPYK8UFOWIV4d7Wfbb/WZR1Lj0Nrbl13Ya5f10nudQy8GkBDC+HS1/ CgCThyGooi44Z3WZ6zOTjuMsYewWQeTF/RN4thq0LHRlSrArA1bj0C/tGhWH0kavgb FF8SoFc3zP2DDcACS5Uy3HemYE026F+DJIRBtsB8=

--===============5699525953721349731==
	boundary="_FB1B33A9-0724-4BD3-9A8B-F5D9832FA06F_"

--_FB1B33A9-0724-4BD3-9A8B-F5D9832FA06F_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

eWVhcnMu

--_FB1B33A9-0724-4BD3-9A8B-F5D9832FA06F_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_FB1B33A9-0724-4BD3-9A8B-F5D9832FA06F_--

--===============5699525953721349731==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5699525953721349731==--

---

From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 18:54:28 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3191865827279000430==
 boundary="------------1729451DF16BA59C99661FB6"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------1729451DF16BA59C99661FB6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

You seem to be thinking of weaseling out.  If you think in fairness, 
you'll  get them appraised ( say, court appointed appraiser) and go from 
there.  Quit weaseling!

CR

On 9/11/2016 6:27 AM, daybell7--- via Mgs wrote:
> Thanks for the great input.  All that is required is for her to agree 
> to a value.  I have a lawyer, but my non-lawyer thoughts are:
>
> 1.
>     Present my estimates which are lower than the insured values
>     hoping she accepts the insured values.
> 2.
>     Request the divorce be granted pending agreed valuation of the
>     LBCs and designate an mutually agreed upon appraiser - certified
>     or not.
> 3.
>     My “Certified Appraiser” may not be acceptable to her and a brief
>     search revealed an appraisal cost of $300, kinda expensive.
> 4.
>     Buy the auction (bid highest) if the Judge orders such.
> 5.
>     Document purchase price of the car and add all restoration costs
>     to determine a “basis” for the cars.
> 6.
>     Since I owned two cars (not these), argue that at least two
>     ane “non-marital” property and not subject to division.
> 7.
>     Ask her to state “How much she thinks” they are worth and go from
>     there.
> 8.
>     Pick and choose, two each.
> 9.
>     Sell them myself against court orders facing the consequences, but
>     avoiding auction.
>10.
>     Are there any judges out there?  Can’t a man keep his LBCs?  Seems
>     a Judge has a duty to attempt to preserve assets and property for
>     people in the district.  I worked many hours on these cars and
>     kinda like them.  I suppose the loss of them is part of the pain
>     of divorce and I could find others to fix up.
>
>
> Sent September 9:
> I feel I know the fair market value for my cars - basically the price 
> I’d sell them for.  I also have them insured for a greater value due 
> to the incremental way insurance is sold.   Wife thinks they are made 
> of gold.
>
> I’ve owned LBCs for 35 years (not current cars) and done all work 
> except paint.  I usually struggle through repairs but finally manage.
>
> I think I know the best way to find the valuation is to hire an 
> appraiser, but short of that, does anyone have experience or thoughts 
> how to handle LBC valuation in a divorce?
>
> I have four cars, ‘72 MGB, ‘68 BGT, ‘73 TR6, ‘59 Minor. One solution 
> is to pick and choose -  I get two and wife gets two.
>
> TR6 and MGB drivable.  BGT & Minor not drivable. Paint on Minor 
> original; all others over 10 years.
>
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--------------1729451DF16BA59C99661FB6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>You seem to be thinking of weaseling out.  If you think in
      fairness, you'll  get them appraised ( say, court appointed
      appraiser) and go from there.  Quit weaseling!</p>
    <p>CR<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/11/2016 6:27 AM, daybell7--- via
      Mgs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta name="generator" content="Windows Mail 17.5.9600.20911">
      <style data-externalstyle="true"><!--
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph {
margin-top:0in;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:0in;
margin-left:.5in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
}
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
}
p.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, 
p.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, 
p.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast {
margin-top:0in;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:0in;
margin-left:.5in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
line-height:115%;
}
--></style>
      <div data-externalstyle="false" dir="ltr" style="font-family:
        'Calibri', 'Segoe UI', 'Meiryo', 'Microsoft YaHei UI',
        'Microsoft JhengHei UI', 'Malgun Gothic',
        'sans-serif';font-size:12pt;">
        <div>Thanks for the great input.  All that is required is for
          her to agree to a value.  I have a lawyer, but my non-lawyer
          thoughts are:</div>
        <ol style="padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top:
          0px; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: decimal;">
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Present my estimates which are lower than the insured
              values hoping she accepts the insured values.  </div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Request the divorce be granted pending agreed valuation
              of the LBCs and designate an mutually agreed upon
              appraiser - certified or not.</div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>My “Certified Appraiser” may not be acceptable to her
              and a brief search revealed an appraisal cost of $300,
              kinda expensive.</div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Buy the auction (bid highest) if the Judge orders such.</div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Document purchase price of the car and add all
              restoration costs to determine a “basis” for the cars.</div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Since I owned two cars (not these), argue that at least
              two ane “non-marital” property and not subject to
              division. </div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Ask her to state “How much she thinks” they are worth
              and go from there.</div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Pick and choose, two each.  </div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Sell them myself against court orders facing the
              consequences, but avoiding auction.</div>
          </li>
          <li style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Color
            Emoji&quot;, &quot;Calibri&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;,
            &quot;Meiryo&quot;, &quot;Microsoft YaHei UI&quot;,
            &quot;Microsoft JhengHei UI&quot;, &quot;Malgun
            Gothic&quot;, &quot;sans-serif&quot;; font-size: 16px;">
            <div>Are there any judges out there?  Can’t a man keep his
              LBCs?  Seems a Judge has a duty to attempt to preserve
              assets and property for people in the district.  I worked
              many hours on these cars and kinda like them.  I suppose
              the loss of them is part of the pain of divorce and I
              could find others to fix up.</div>
          </li>
        </ol>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Sent September 9:<br>
        </div>
        <div>
          <div>I feel I know the fair market value for my cars -
            basically the price I’d sell them for.  I also have them
            insured for a greater value due to the incremental way
            insurance is sold.   Wife thinks they are made of gold.</div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>I’ve owned LBCs for 35 years (not current cars) and done
            all work except paint.  I usually struggle through repairs
            but finally manage.  </div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>I think I know the best way to find the valuation is to
            hire an appraiser, but short of that, does anyone have
            experience or thoughts how to handle LBC valuation in a
            divorce?   </div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>I have four cars, ‘72 MGB, ‘68 BGT, ‘73 TR6, ‘59 Minor. 
            One solution is to pick and choose -  I get two and wife
            gets two.  </div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>TR6 and MGB drivable.  BGT &amp; Minor not drivable. 
            Paint on Minor original; all others over 10 years.  </div>
          <br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------1729451DF16BA59C99661FB6--

--===============3191865827279000430==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3191865827279000430==--