Subject: Re: [Mgs] demurred mga start

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 09:57:04 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2270054935021895729==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_003A_01D1098B.5789D550"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01D1098B.5789D550
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

A lot depends on whether the car was running normally when it started =
its long down time in which case it should be pretty easy to get going =
again,  or had some problem that made it a non-runner and was then left. =
 In that case it could be anything, and if someone has been trying to =
fix it and failed then there could now be any number of things wrong =
with it.

Cranking for a while with the choke out should result in a strong fuel =
smell if fuel is getting through, and the plugs should be soaked.  If =
they are dry there is no fuel getting through.  Float valves could be =
gummed up. =20

Year?  Carbs?  If HSs give the top of the float chamber a sharp rap with =
the plastic or wood handle of a large screwdriver, or similar.  But if =
HSs then it's easy enough to remove the lids and look inside.  HIFs are =
a real pain as the 'lid' is on the bottom so it's a real fiddle to get =
them off unless you remove the carbs, and you should replace the O-ring =
seal.  The Zenith looks much the same, so try rapping the lower body in =
those cases.  In either case the symptom of stuck float valves would be =
little or no chattering of the fuel pump when you first turned on the =
ignition, with empty twin carbs this would normally go on for a few =
seconds.

HSs could have the float bowls full, but the jet pipes blocked with =
muck, or the seal where the pipe screws in to the float bowl decomposed. =
 With the air cleaners off check you can lift the carb pistons, and that =
the needles come out of the jets.

As for old fuel it depends where you live.  If you have land burn it, if =
you live in a neighbourhood with a waste oil disposal facility nearby =
then they may take it.

PaulH.

  ----- Original Message -----=20

  Two things in question:

  1)      How do you dispose of drained gas from the tank?

  2)      Initial suggestions for determining fault in restarting my A =
after draining and refilling tank and a long down time?

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01D1098B.5789D550
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m =3D=20
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE>@font-face {
	font-family: Cambria Math;
}
@font-face {
	font-family: Calibri;
}
@page WordSection1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; =
}
P.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
A:link {
	COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
P.MsoListParagraph {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-style-priority: 34
}
LI.MsoListParagraph {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-style-priority: 34
}
DIV.MsoListParagraph {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-style-priority: 34
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: =
personal-compose
}
.MsoChpDefault {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; mso-style-type: export-only
}
DIV.WordSection1 {
	page: WordSection1
}
OL {
	MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in
}
UL {
	MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in
}
</STYLE>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US link=3D#0563c1 bgColor=3D#ffffff vLink=3D#954f72>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>A lot depends on whether the car was running =
normally when it=20
started its long down time in which case it should be pretty easy to get =
going=20
again,&nbsp; or had some problem that made it a non-runner and was then=20
left.&nbsp; In that case it could be anything, and&nbsp;if someone has =
been=20
trying to fix it and failed then there could now be any number of things =
wrong=20
with it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Cranking for a while with the choke out should =
result in a=20
strong fuel smell if fuel is getting through, and the plugs should be=20
soaked.&nbsp; If they are dry there is no fuel getting through.&nbsp; =
Float=20
valves could be gummed up.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Year?&nbsp; Carbs?&nbsp;&nbsp;If HSs give the top of =
the float=20
chamber a sharp rap with the plastic or wood handle of a large =
screwdriver, or=20
similar.&nbsp; But if HSs then it's easy enough to remove the lids and =
look=20
inside.&nbsp; HIFs are a real pain as the 'lid' is on the bottom so it's =
a real=20
fiddle to get them off unless you remove the carbs, and you should =
replace the=20
O-ring seal.&nbsp; The Zenith looks much the same, so try rapping the =
lower body=20
in those cases.&nbsp; </FONT><FONT size=3D2>In either case the symptom=20
of&nbsp;stuck float valves&nbsp;would be little or no&nbsp;chattering of =
the=20
fuel pump when you first turned on the ignition, with empty twin carbs =
this=20
would normally go on for a few seconds.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>HSs could have the float bowls full, but the jet =
pipes blocked=20
with&nbsp;muck, or the&nbsp;seal where the pipe screws in to the float =
bowl=20
decomposed.&nbsp; With the air cleaners off check you can lift the carb =
pistons,=20
and that the needles come out of the jets.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As for old fuel it depends where you live.&nbsp; If =
you have=20
land burn it, if you live in a neighbourhood with a waste oil disposal =
facility=20
nearby then they may take it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV class=3DWordSection1>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal>Two things in question:<o:p></o:p></P>
  <P style=3D"TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1"=20
  class=3DMsoListParagraph><![if !supportLists]><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-list: Ignore">1)<SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  </SPAN></SPAN><![endif]>How do you dispose of drained gas from the=20
  tank?<o:p></o:p></P>
  <P style=3D"TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1"=20
  class=3DMsoListParagraph><![if !supportLists]><SPAN=20
  style=3D"mso-list: Ignore">2)<SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  </SPAN></SPAN><![endif]>Initial suggestions for determining fault in=20
  restarting my A after draining and refilling tank and a long down=20
  time?</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01D1098B.5789D550--

--===============2270054935021895729==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============2270054935021895729==--

---

From: Clayton Kirkwood via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 09:40:20 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8658719027054679370==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0A29_01D10989.016CC490"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0A29_01D10989.016CC490
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have a 62 MkII with a two carb setup. What are the diffs between the three
that you mention? I'll check the plugs after cranking for a while but given
no gas smell I expect stuck floats or needles.

TIA,

Clayton

From: PaulHunt73 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 1:57 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mgs] demurred mga start

A lot depends on whether the car was running normally when it started its
long down time in which case it should be pretty easy to get going again,
or had some problem that made it a non-runner and was then left.  In that
case it could be anything, and if someone has been trying to fix it and
failed then there could now be any number of things wrong with it.

Cranking for a while with the choke out should result in a strong fuel smell
if fuel is getting through, and the plugs should be soaked.  If they are dry
there is no fuel getting through.  Float valves could be gummed up.  

Year?  Carbs?  If HSs give the top of the float chamber a sharp rap with the
plastic or wood handle of a large screwdriver, or similar.  But if HSs then
it's easy enough to remove the lids and look inside.  HIFs are a real pain
as the 'lid' is on the bottom so it's a real fiddle to get them off unless
you remove the carbs, and you should replace the O-ring seal.  The Zenith
looks much the same, so try rapping the lower body in those cases.  In
either case the symptom of stuck float valves would be little or no
chattering of the fuel pump when you first turned on the ignition, with
empty twin carbs this would normally go on for a few seconds.

HSs could have the float bowls full, but the jet pipes blocked with muck, or
the seal where the pipe screws in to the float bowl decomposed.  With the
air cleaners off check you can lift the carb pistons, and that the needles
come out of the jets.

As for old fuel it depends where you live.  If you have land burn it, if you
live in a neighbourhood with a waste oil disposal facility nearby then they
may take it.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

Two things in question:

2)      Initial suggestions for determining fault in restarting my A after
draining and refilling tank and a long down time?

------=_NextPart_000_0A29_01D10989.016CC490
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0in;
	margin-right:0in;
	margin-bottom:0in;
	margin-left:.5in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I have a 62 MkII with a two carb setup. What are =
the diffs between the three that you mention? I&#8217;ll check the plugs =
after cranking for a while but given no gas smell I expect stuck floats =
or needles.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>TIA,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Clayton<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid blue 1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
4.0pt'><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
PaulHunt73 [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, =
October 18, 2015 1:57 AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Mgs] demurred mga =
start<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>A lot =
depends on whether the car was running normally when it started its long =
down time in which case it should be pretty easy to get going =
again,&nbsp; or had some problem that made it a non-runner and was then =
left.&nbsp; In that case it could be anything, and&nbsp;if someone has =
been trying to fix it and failed then there could now be any number of =
things wrong with it.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>Cranking for a while with the choke out should result in a =
strong fuel smell if fuel is getting through, and the plugs should be =
soaked.&nbsp; If they are dry there is no fuel getting through.&nbsp; =
Float valves could be gummed up.&nbsp; </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>Year?&nbsp; Carbs?&nbsp;&nbsp;If HSs give the top of the =
float chamber a sharp rap with the plastic or wood handle of a large =
screwdriver, or similar.&nbsp; But if HSs then it's easy enough to =
remove the lids and look inside.&nbsp; HIFs are a real pain as the 'lid' =
is on the bottom so it's a real fiddle to get them off unless you remove =
the carbs, and you should replace the O-ring seal.&nbsp; The Zenith =
looks much the same, so try rapping the lower body in those cases.&nbsp; =
In either case the symptom of&nbsp;stuck float valves&nbsp;would be =
little or no&nbsp;chattering of the fuel pump when you first turned on =
the ignition, with empty twin carbs this would normally go on for a few =
seconds.</span><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>HSs could have the float bowls full, but the jet pipes =
blocked with&nbsp;muck, or the&nbsp;seal where the pipe screws in to the =
float bowl decomposed.&nbsp; With the air cleaners off check you can =
lift the carb pistons, and that the needles come out of the =
jets.</span><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>As for old fuel it depends where you live.&nbsp; If you =
have land burn it, if you live in a neighbourhood with a waste oil =
disposal facility nearby then they may take it.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>PaulH.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid black 1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
4.0pt;margin-left:3.75pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:=
5.0pt'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>----- Original =
Message ----- <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Two =
things in question:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'text-indent:-.25in'>1)<span =
style=3D'font-size:7.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>How do you dispose =
of drained gas from the tank?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'text-indent:-.25in'>2)<span =
style=3D'font-size:7.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Initial suggestions =
for determining fault in restarting my A after draining and refilling =
tank and a long down =
time?<o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0A29_01D10989.016CC490--

--===============8658719027054679370==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8658719027054679370==--

---

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:16:39 +0100

--===============2458877734123011616==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0041_01D10A46.7AE4AB90"

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01D10A46.7AE4AB90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Would originally have been HS carbs then with the float chambers on the =
side of the main carb body, in which case much easier to deal with.

HIFs were a later type also fitted in pairs and have the float chambers =
as part of the main carb body, underneath.  Zenith was later still and =
fitted singly but has the float chamber similar to the HIF.

PaulH.

  I have a 62 MkII with a two carb setup. What are the diffs between the =
three that you mention? I'll check the plugs after cranking for a while =
but given no gas smell I expect stuck floats or needles.

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01D10A46.7AE4AB90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m =3D=20
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE>@font-face {
	font-family: Cambria Math;
}
@font-face {
	font-family: Calibri;
}
@page WordSection1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; =
}
P.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt
}
A:link {
	COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99
}
P.MsoListParagraph {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-style-priority: 34
}
LI.MsoListParagraph {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-style-priority: 34
}
DIV.MsoListParagraph {
	MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-style-priority: 34
}
SPAN.EmailStyle18 {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: =
personal
}
SPAN.EmailStyle19 {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; COLOR: #1f497d; mso-style-type: =
personal-reply
}
.MsoChpDefault {
	FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-style-type: export-only
}
DIV.WordSection1 {
	page: WordSection1
}
</STYLE>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US link=3D#0563c1 bgColor=3Dwhite vLink=3D#954f72>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Would originally have been HS carbs then with the =
float=20
chambers on the side of the main carb body, in which case much easier to =
deal=20
with.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>HIFs were a later type also fitted in pairs and have =
the float=20
chambers as part of the main carb body, underneath.&nbsp; Zenith was =
later still=20
and fitted singly but&nbsp;has the float chamber similar to the=20
HIF.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV class=3DWordSection1>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"COLOR: #1f497d">I have a 62 MkII =
with a two=20
  carb setup. What are the diffs between the three that you mention? =
I=92ll check=20
  the plugs after cranking for a while but given no gas smell I expect =
stuck=20
  floats or needles.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3DArial></FONT></o:p>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01D10A46.7AE4AB90--

--===============2458877734123011616==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2458877734123011616==--

---

From: Clayton Kirkwood via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:43:37 -0700

--===============3998244464707754344==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0B25_01D10A84.EBF1ACA0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0B25_01D10A84.EBF1ACA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Well, I have a 62 A and the original carbs it looks like. The floats are
externally attached to the carb which is a very simple venture.

Clayton

From: PaulHunt73 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 12:17 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mgs] demurred mga start

Would originally have been HS carbs then with the float chambers on the side
of the main carb body, in which case much easier to deal with.

HIFs were a later type also fitted in pairs and have the float chambers as
part of the main carb body, underneath.  Zenith was later still and fitted
singly but has the float chamber similar to the HIF.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

------=_NextPart_000_0B25_01D10A84.EBF1ACA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0in;
	margin-right:0in;
	margin-bottom:0in;
	margin-left:.5in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Well, I have a 62 A and the original carbs it =
looks like. The floats are externally attached to the carb which is a =
very simple venture.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Clayton<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid blue 1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
4.0pt'><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
PaulHunt73 [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, =
October 19, 2015 12:17 AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Mgs] demurred mga =
start<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Would =
originally have been HS carbs then with the float chambers on the side =
of the main carb body, in which case much easier to deal =
with.</span><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>HIFs were a later type also fitted in pairs and have the =
float chambers as part of the main carb body, underneath.&nbsp; Zenith =
was later still and fitted singly but&nbsp;has the float chamber similar =
to the HIF.</span><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>PaulH.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid black 1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
4.0pt;margin-left:3.75pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:=
5.0pt'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>----- Original =
Message ----- <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I have a 62 MkII with a =
two carb setup. What are the diffs between the three that you mention? =
I&#8217;ll check the plugs after cranking for a while but given no gas =
smell I expect stuck floats or needles.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></div></body></=
html>
------=_NextPart_000_0B25_01D10A84.EBF1ACA0--

--===============3998244464707754344==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3998244464707754344==--