Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Poor fitting factory hardtop

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 14:14:43 +0100

There is an adjustable stop near the top of the inner door skin that 
prevents the metal channel at the base of the drop-glass going up too far. 
Have you tried adjusting that?

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
>I have a factory hardtop that I am trying to fit to a 1980 MGB. With the
> window rolled up, there is a 1/4 inch gap between the window and the
> weather seal on the top. The gap is the same on both sides of the car.
> Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, what was done to correct it?
> 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: dcouncill via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 10:45:15 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5737105403785147402==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001F_01D0F391.6F76D290"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D0F391.6F76D290
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes, I have the same problem on my 72B. I installed the weather seal, =
and the best I could do is to not push the seal in all the way, just =
enough to allow the window to just touch the seal. Maybe once =
convertible season is over, I=E2=80=99ll refit the hard top and try any =
other approaches that might be suggested.=20

=20

One mistake I made about ten years ago was having the hard top painted =
to match the car =E2=80=93 in black tulip. Otherwise, I could have also =
used it with my red 64B, but at the time, I hadn=E2=80=99t considered or =
thought about getting another B.

=20

David Councill

64 B

67 BGT

72 B

=20

From: Mgs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim Ray via =
Mgs
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2015 5:52 AM
To: MG-V8 List; MG Digest
Subject: [Mgs] Poor fitting factory hardtop

=20

I have a factory hardtop that I am trying to fit to a 1980 MGB. With the =
window rolled up, there is a 1/4 inch gap between the window and the =
weather seal on the top. The gap is the same on both sides of the car. =
Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, what was done to correct it?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jim Ray

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D0F391.6F76D290
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Yes, I have the same problem on my 72B. I installed the weather seal, =
and the best I could do is to not push the seal in all the way, just =
enough to allow the window to just touch the seal. Maybe once =
convertible season is over, I=E2=80=99ll refit the hard top and try any =
other approaches that might be suggested. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>One mistake I made about ten years ago was having the hard top =
painted to match the car =E2=80=93 in black tulip. Otherwise, I could =
have also used it with my red 64B, but at the time, I hadn=E2=80=99t =
considered or thought about getting another B.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>David Councill<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>64 B<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>67 BGT<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>72 B<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'> Mgs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Jim =
Ray via Mgs<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, September 20, 2015 5:52 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> MG-V8 List; MG Digest<br><b>Subject:</b> [Mgs] Poor =
fitting factory hardtop<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>I have a factory hardtop that I am trying =
to fit to a 1980 MGB. With the window rolled up, there is a 1/4 inch gap =
between the window and the weather seal on the top. The gap is the same =
on both sides of the car. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, =
what was done to correct it?<br><br>Thanks for any help you can =
offer.<br><br>Jim Ray<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D0F391.6F76D290--

--===============5737105403785147402==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5737105403785147402==--

---

From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 06:36:51 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2883967614117435374==
 boundary="------------000107000608060605090308"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000107000608060605090308
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Dave,

Nothing wrong with black over red, eh?

CR

On 9/20/2015 12:45 PM, dcouncill via Mgs wrote:
> One mistake I made about ten years ago was having the hard top painted 
> to match the car – in black tulip. Otherwise, I could have also used 
> it with my red 64B, but at the time, I hadn’t considered or thought 
> about getting another B.
>
> David Councill
>
> 64 B
>
> 67 BGT
>
> 72 B
>
>

--------------000107000608060605090308
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Dave, <br>
    <br>
    Nothing wrong with black over red, eh?<br>
    <br>
    CR<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/20/2015 12:45 PM, dcouncill via
      Mgs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">One
          mistake I made about ten years ago was having the hard top
          painted to match the car – in black tulip. Otherwise, I could
          have also used it with my red 64B, but at the time, I hadn’t
          considered or thought about getting another B.<o:p></o:p></span>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">David
            Councill<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">64
            B<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">67
            BGT<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">72
            B<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------000107000608060605090308--

--===============2883967614117435374==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2883967614117435374==--