Subject: [Mgs] follow up on mga 1622 suspension issues

From: Clayton Kirkwood via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:50:27 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0782160123935089581==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0DF8_01D0B4C5.AC2A3A70"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0DF8_01D0B4C5.AC2A3A70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Returning to our story.. The consensus for the wire wheel hubs was that the
inner and outer bearings were to tightly crimp the single-chamfered spacer
between them by pressing the bearings in. That makes the three pieces
essentially one, strengthing the three into one, eliminating any side forces
on the bearings. I took my two spindles and associated bearings and center
spacer to the machine shop. Guy says that the outer bearing was loose in its
proper placement and I agree. He said the solution was a new spindle and
bearings. Ok. The second spindle, however, is a different story: he pressed
the two bearing in to their limit shoulders and the inner spacer still was
flopping around inside, absolutely not crimped in place. He and I don't
understand this problem. Any insight??? There is a quarter inch thick spacer
that I read as being outside of the bearings. Or is this supposed to be
inside??

At this point, it looks like I will be ordering both spindle and bearings.
Fortunately, Moss has the parts on sale:<)++++

TIA,

Clayton

------=_NextPart_000_0DF8_01D0B4C5.AC2A3A70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Returning to our story&#8230;. The consensus for the =
wire wheel hubs was that the inner and outer bearings were to tightly =
crimp the single-chamfered spacer between them by pressing the bearings =
in. That makes the three pieces essentially one, strengthing the three =
into one, eliminating any side forces on the bearings. I took my two =
spindles and associated bearings and center spacer to the machine shop. =
Guy says that the outer bearing was loose in its proper placement and I =
agree. He said the solution was a new spindle and bearings. Ok. The =
second spindle, however, is a different story: he pressed the two =
bearing in to their limit shoulders and the inner spacer still was =
flopping around inside, absolutely not crimped in place. He and I =
don&#8217;t understand this problem. Any insight??? There is a quarter =
inch thick spacer that I read as being outside of the bearings. Or is =
this supposed to be inside??<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>At this =
point, it looks like I will be ordering both spindle and bearings. =
Fortunately, Moss has the parts on sale:&lt;)++++<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>TIA,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Clayton<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0DF8_01D0B4C5.AC2A3A70--

--===============0782160123935089581==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============0782160123935089581==--