Subject: [Mgs] mga MkII deluxe front wheel spindle distance piece

From: Clayton Kirkwood via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 15:39:55 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5076895735075929856==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_014A_01D0A138.3473F700"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_014A_01D0A138.3473F700
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi. In disassembling my front suspension, I ran across something for which
the manual has no input other to insert the distance piece which is the long
cylindrical one end chamfered piece between the inner and outer bearings.
When all is assembled, should the distance piece be a close fit between the
two bearing or is there supposed to be lots of slack? I ask because one
assembly came off with lots of longitudinal movement for the distance piece,
while the other side disassembled leaving the inner bearing on the spindle
and the distance piece coming out of the hub. I am assuming that the
distance is supposed to be a tight fit, and that the hub which came off with
bearings intact, slipped one of the bearings enough for the distance piece
to bounce around inside.

TIA,

Clayton

------=_NextPart_000_014A_01D0A138.3473F700
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi. In disassembling my front suspension, I ran across =
something for which the manual has no input other to insert the distance =
piece which is the long cylindrical one end chamfered piece between the =
inner and outer bearings. When all is assembled, should the distance =
piece be a close fit between the two bearing or is there supposed to be =
lots of slack? I ask because one assembly came off with lots of =
longitudinal movement for the distance piece, while the other side =
disassembled leaving the inner bearing on the spindle and the distance =
piece coming out of the hub. I am assuming that the distance is supposed =
to be a tight fit, and that the hub which came off with bearings intact, =
slipped one of the bearings enough for the distance piece to bounce =
around inside.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>TIA,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Clayton<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_014A_01D0A138.3473F700--

--===============5076895735075929856==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5076895735075929856==--