Subject: [Mgs] 1974 MGB dashboard removal.

From: William Killeffer via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 13:25:32 -0400 (EDT)

--===============0303045074739414682==
	boundary="----=_Part_26624402_1780551520.1433611532489"

------=_Part_26624402_1780551520.1433611532489
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello everyone, 

I've recently started a project on my 1974 MGB to give it a long-overdue wiring harness replacement. 

Taking the dashboard out has been the source of a few headaches. I know it's probably best to remove the gauges and switches, pull the choke cable, and make sure the speedo and oil pressure line are disconnected. 

Now, I've removed the seven bolts up at the top of the dash, but I still can't remove it. 

Are there other bolts that I'm missing, and does the steering column need to be lowered? If anyone could supply pictures, that would be very helpful. Once it's out, I'm going to replace the foam fascia as it's rather cracked and dingy. But good wiring is the most important thing. 

Thank you, 
-William Killeffer 

------=_Part_26624402_1780551520.1433611532489
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: times new roman, new york, times, se=
rif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>Hello everyone,<br></div><div><b=
r></div><div>I've recently started a project on my 1974 MGB to give it a lo=
ng-overdue wiring harness replacement.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Taking =
the dashboard out has been the source of a few headaches. I know it's proba=
bly best to remove the gauges and switches, pull the choke cable, and make =
sure the speedo and oil pressure line are disconnected.<br></div><div><br><=
/div><div>Now, I've removed the seven bolts up at the top of the dash, but =
I still can't remove it.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Are there other bolts=
 that I'm missing, and does the steering column need to be lowered? If anyo=
ne could supply pictures, that would be very helpful. Once it's out, I'm go=
ing to replace the foam fascia as it's rather cracked and dingy. But good w=
iring is the most important thing.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Thank you,<=
br></div><div>-William Killeffer<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_26624402_1780551520.1433611532489--

--===============0303045074739414682==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============0303045074739414682==--