Subject: [Mgs] MkII deluxe brake components

From: Clayton Kirkwood via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 14:47:28 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2850882537309728670==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_012C_01D0A130.E0D3E670"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_012C_01D0A130.E0D3E670
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi. I have a MGA Mk II deluxe, but either it came with MkII brakes, or
somebody replaced the Twin Cam/MkII deluxe caliper with a MkII caliper. I
noticed in the Moss catalog that no replacement is available for the MkII
deluxe caliper. Is it likely that the deluxe came out with just regular MkII
calipers to begin with? In looking at my calipers, rotors and pads it
appears that the front brakes haven't been working in a while: the pads
don't look they have seen any action, the rotors are a little rusty with
virtually no wear down from the extreme outer  section of the rotor, the
caliper pistons look encrusted as they sit at the caliper, and there are
spider webs and light debris that I thought would have been burnt off if the
pistons were making contact upon pressure of the brakes.

If this is true, I doubt that I will be able to break the pistons free and
will have to order complete new calipers.

Any thoughts??

TIA,

Clayton 

------=_NextPart_000_012C_01D0A130.E0D3E670
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi. I have a MGA Mk II deluxe, but either it came with =
MkII brakes, or somebody replaced the Twin Cam/MkII deluxe caliper with =
a MkII caliper. I noticed in the Moss catalog that no replacement is =
available for the MkII deluxe caliper. Is it likely that the deluxe came =
out with just regular MkII calipers to begin with? In looking at my =
calipers, rotors and pads it appears that the front brakes haven&#8217;t =
been working in a while: the pads don&#8217;t look they have seen any =
action, the rotors are a little rusty with virtually no wear down from =
the extreme outer &nbsp;section of the rotor, the caliper pistons look =
encrusted as they sit at the caliper, and there are spider webs and =
light debris that I thought would have been burnt off if the pistons =
were making contact upon pressure of the brakes.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>If this is =
true, I doubt that I will be able to break the pistons free and will =
have to order complete new calipers.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Any =
thoughts??<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>TIA,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Clayton =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_012C_01D0A130.E0D3E670--

--===============2850882537309728670==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============2850882537309728670==--