Subject: [Mgs] MGA 1960 still in full restoration

From: Thompson Allan via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 14:07:24 -0400

--===============3931329950309597203==

--001a1134188c19800605134e8537

Hi guys,

I keep monitoring the posts and thinking longingly of the time I will be
able to drive our 1960 MGA.

Our car has been undergoing a body off, frame up restoration for going on 4
years.....
The restorer, Hoyt's in Sarasota do fantastic work but are sooooo slow...
unless you have lots of bucks or one of their main customers, like the
Sarasota Car Museum. Our small vehicle gets put to one side each time a
more prestigious job comes in...

Each weekly visit reveals more superb specimens in the workshops... and
ours is proceeding - but slowly.

At first, the pace suited us, as funding at a slow pace was easy... but it
has become more and more frustrating. We don't want to upset them too much
because we want a good job.... and we have considered taking the car to
another restorer - but the car is in pieces and who knows what might get
lost.

Engine work was shipped out to a local engine shop and was completed 2
years ago and is sitting on the restored frame.

Bodywork has taken an age and the aluminum doors and hood had to be welded.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ipin4nqqu05g96/AADJO8EnqBdJKxrfbkIA6cwEa

Allan

--001a1134188c19800605134e8537
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div><div><div><div>Hi guys,<br><br></div>I=
 keep monitoring the posts and thinking longingly of the time I will be abl=
e to drive our 1960 MGA.<br><br></div>Our car has been undergoing a body of=
f, frame up restoration for going on 4 years..... <br></div>The restorer, H=
oyt&#39;s in Sarasota do fantastic work but are sooooo slow... unless you h=
ave lots of bucks or one of their main customers, like the Sarasota Car Mus=
eum. Our small vehicle gets put to one side each time a more prestigious jo=
b comes in...<br><br></div><div>Each weekly visit reveals more superb speci=
mens in the workshops... and ours is proceeding - but slowly.<br><br></div>=
At first, the pace suited us, as funding at a slow pace was easy... but it =
has become more and more frustrating. We don&#39;t want to upset them too m=
uch because we want a good job.... and we have considered taking the car to=
 another restorer - but the car is in pieces and who knows what might get l=
ost.<br><br></div>Engine work was shipped out to a local engine shop and wa=
s completed 2 years ago and is sitting on the restored frame.<br><br></div>=
Bodywork has taken an age and the aluminum doors and hood had to be welded.=
<br><br><a href=3D"https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ipin4nqqu05g96/AADJO8EnqBdJK=
xrfbkIA6cwEa" target=3D"_blank">https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ipin4nqqu05g96/=
AADJO8EnqBdJKxrfbkIA6cwEa</a><br><br></div>Allan<br></div>

--001a1134188c19800605134e8537--

--===============3931329950309597203==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============3931329950309597203==--