Subject: Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Map light ...

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:23:32 -0000

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6718336511008712198==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00B9_01D04F63.89CBB610"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01D04F63.89CBB610
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks Kelvin, I had come to the conclusion that it would have to be the =
claw type.  The problem is that the chap with the car is totally blind =
and is many miles from me, and can only describe what he can feel.  =
There was something on the end of the two wires coming from the harness, =
but it seemed to him that it was only the contacts for a bulb holder, =
not the tube the bulb would screw in to.  It was only when I said that a =
claw-type holder should work, that he suddenly realised what was on the =
end of his wires!

PaulH.

----- Original Message -----=20

  Only the chrome cover, lens and seal are used from the license lamp. =
The bulb holder is a snap in like the ones used on gauges. It snaps into =
the hole in the dash.=20

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01D04F63.89CBB610
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff" bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks Kelvin,&nbsp;I had come to the conclusion =
that it would=20
have to be the claw type.&nbsp; The problem is that the chap with the =
car is=20
totally blind and is many miles from me, and can only describe what he =
can=20
feel.&nbsp; There was something on the end of the two wires coming from =
the=20
harness, but it seemed to him that it was only the contacts for a bulb =
holder,=20
not the tube the bulb would screw in to.&nbsp; It was only when I said =
that a=20
claw-type holder should work,&nbsp;that he suddenly realised&nbsp;what =
was on=20
the end of his wires!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black"><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"POSITION: relative" id=3Dygrp-mlmsg>
  <DIV style=3D"Z-INDEX: 1" id=3Dygrp-msg>
  <DIV id=3Dygrp-text>
  <DIV>Only the chrome cover, lens and seal are used from the license =
lamp. The=20
  bulb holder is a snap in like the ones used on gauges. It snaps into =
the hole=20
  in the =
dash.&nbsp;<BR><BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01D04F63.89CBB610--

--===============6718336511008712198==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============6718336511008712198==--

---

From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 06:58:24 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1811492496731815253==
 boundary="------------020500030007000905040000"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020500030007000905040000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It would help if you told us which MG and what model year.

CR
On 2/23/2015 3:03 AM, PaulHunt73 via Mgs wrote:
> ... at the far end of the dash on early cars.
> Most sources indicate that this is the same as the number plate light, 
> minus the curved plinth that the number plate light needs.
> However that has quite a large bulb holder with a rubber cover that 
> would need to protrude through the dash, whereas the dash on a pal's 
> car bought as an abandoned restoration only has a relatively small 
> hole in that position, so small that not even the metal part of a bulb 
> will go through, let alone the bulb holder.
> So anyone with that map light, I'd be grateful if you could feel 
> behind the dash and tell me if there is a bulb holder sticking 
> through, or only a wire, or if you can shed any other light on this 
> conundrum.
> Thanks.
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--------------020500030007000905040000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    It would help if you told us which MG and what model year.<br>
    <br>
    CR<br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/23/2015 3:03 AM, PaulHunt73 via
      Mgs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:AC3E5A6257454121881176D5F8BDDC29@paul"
      type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
      <style></style>
      <div><font size="2">... at the far end of the dash on early cars.</font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font size="2">Most sources indicate that this is the same as
          the number plate light, minus the curved plinth that the
          number plate light needs.</font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font size="2">However that has quite a large bulb holder
          with a rubber cover that would need to protrude through the
          dash, whereas the dash on a pal's car bought as an abandoned
          restoration only has a relatively small hole in that position,
          so small that not even the metal part of a bulb will go
          through, let alone the bulb holder.</font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font size="2">So anyone with that map light, I'd be grateful
          if you could feel behind the dash and tell me if there is a
          bulb holder sticking through, or only a wire, or if you can
          shed any other light on this conundrum.</font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font size="2">Thanks.</font></div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------020500030007000905040000--

--===============1811492496731815253==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1811492496731815253==--