Subject: [Mgs] 73 MGBGT Clutch

From: Bernie Grabow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:17:51 -0500

I need to replace the clutch in my 73 MGBGT.  Anyone have suggestions on
what parts I should order and the best source considering quality and best
value?  Thanks.
Bernie
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:13:20 GMT

Borg&Beck, original-equipment equivalents, are thought to be best for regular
driving. As the differences in cost are slight, I would buy B&B again. Get a
new throw-out bearing too and, in the while-at-it category, consider
rebuilding the slave cylinder too as well as replacing the slave cylinder
pushrod and its clevis pin. Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Bernie Grabow <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] 73 MGBGT Clutch
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:17:51 -0500

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Charles Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 14:14:22 -0600

Another item to check would be the pilot bushing.

Also, if it is scored or damaged you will want to be prepared to have 
the flywheel resurfaced.  You will want to use a new lock plate 
reinstalling the flywheel.  It's cheap so get one when ordering the 
other parts even if you end up not needing it.

Charles Hill

[email-masked]