Subject: [Mgs] Door pull cable attachment on MGA

From: Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 17:49:41 -0800

I bought a new door pull some time ago and now I want to fit it.

When I bought the car, it had a home-made door pull, so I don't have a
model to see how it should be fitted.

The PO had used some wire that was looped through the hole in the door
pull lever and then crimped back to itself.

The new cable looks like a bowden cable, with knobs attached to both
ends. Both of these knobs are inserted into a fitting, which could be
fastened  onto the door at the front end, but there does not seem to
be an obvious way to attach it to the lever that operates the latch. I
suppose a short bolt and nut could be used, but this doesn't seem
right.

I have taken some photos, which can be seen here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/102529760702182030672/albums/6079886356814013233

How should the cable be attached?

Simon
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]