Subject: [Mgs] brake pressure failure switch '72 MGB

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:01:22 -0700

I cannot stop brake fluid (silicone) from leaking out the top of the pressure failure switch. The fluid leaks into the cavity where the electrical pigtail connects to the wiring harness. I replaced the switch and it still leaks. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Sam
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Bert Palte <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 22:25:54 +0200

Perhaps wrong thread, M10 x 1 instead of 7/16"?
BTDT
Bert

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 okt. 2014, at 19:01, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I cannot stop brake fluid (silicone) from leaking out the top of the
pressure failure switch. The fluid leaks into the cavity where the electrical
pigtail connects to the wiring harness. I replaced the switch and it still
leaks. Any help would be appreciated.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: David Ambrose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:28:16 -0700

You should never see brake fluid under that switch. Beneath the switch 
is a piston (Moss calls it a shuttle). There are o-rings on the piston 
which should seal it against brake fluid. You probably need to pull the 
whole thing and replace the o-rings, and the piston itself if it's 
corroded. You may need to hone the cylinder too.

Moss sells a couple of repair kits for that unit. I have the o-rings and 
they work fine. I don't know whether the umbrella seals are worth the 
extra money, but if the o-rings depend on a swelling agent to seal, the 
umbrella seals would make sense.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose

On 10/10/2014 10:01 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]