Subject: [Mgs] At last Landspeed record with MG!

From: "Hans Duinhoven" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:11:43 +0200

Dear listers,

MG has done it again!

It's been a long time coming, but on September 7, 2014, Milwaukee Midget
Racing established a new Bonneville course record of 122.539 mph for the
I/GT class. This was the oldest standing record in the GT category - it
stood unbeaten for over 22 years. 

The 1971 MG Midget, running a 999 cc, 5-port A-series engine, and driven by
owner Chris Conrad, ran a best speed of 126.684, with an average record
speed of 122.539, during the Utah Salt Flat Racing Association's World of
Speed event, September 6-9, 2014. 

The MG car company has been involved in land speed record attempts since
1930 - an 84 year history of performance. I'm very proud of the Milwaukee
Midget team, and we look forward to continued success in future years,
running on our own record, and "maintaining the breed" - the fine cars and
racing history of the MG car company.

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,4087.4380.html 

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT

---
Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast! Antivirus-bescherming actief is.
http://www.avast.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]