Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fuel starvation issues (or at least I think it is)

From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 17:28:17 -0500

Have you tried it with the gas cap removed?

CR
On 9/13/2014 3:40 PM, Aaron Whiteman wrote:
> The other day, driving home, I nearly didn't make it. Car would come to a
> sputtering halt every time I had to climb a hill, then would come back to life
> after I sat for a minute or so.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:29:05 -0700

Replying to myself...

On Sep 13, 2014, at 1:40 PM, Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> But if I get good flow at the pump,
> what's the best way to try to restore flow to the hard line. I don't see
any
> obvious kinks or damage.

Removing the gas cap doesn't make a difference in flow rate at the carb or the
pump.

I ran a pint of fuel through the pump directly into a 16oz cup in about a
minute, which isn't super impressive (7.5 gallons/hour, much less than the
rated 25).
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:33:02 -0700

Replying to myself... (again, maybe the whole message will make it this time)

any

[email-masked]

---

From: Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:36:45 -0700

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 14:53:53 +0100

HP pump minimum rate is one Imperial pint per minute, AUF types 30 secs, and 
in practice it should be double that.

If your rate was at the carbs and you get much better at the pump, then the 
line to the front is causing a blockage.  There is normally a joint 
half-way, you could try opening that up to indicate which section it is in. 
Then you could try poking stiff wire up it.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]