Subject: [Mgs] $156,00 Refplica

From: Jack Feldman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:34:41 -0500

Have you seen this new MG?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1094633_amazing-frontline-abingdon-edition-is-the-singer-of-mgs-video

Jack
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:07:03 -0700

Huh, I'd think you could cobble up a CB roadster with a Miata drivetrain for
a lot less than that. I have a stripped 67 body shell in my carport right
now. Starting with the parts I have, doing most of my own work, I'd figure
under $20K for very good quality, more if I wanted all-new high-end fittings
(which this obviously has but I wouldn't necessarily want or need).

on 9/29/14 8:55 AM, Dan DiBiase at [email-masked] wrote:

> I've seen it previously. It would be a wonderful $70,000 car!
> 
> Dan D
> '76B, '65B
> Central NJ USA
> 
> 
> 
> ________________________________
>  From: Jack Feldman <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 11:34 AM
> Subject: [Mgs] $156,00 Refplica
>  
> 

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:56:20 -0500

I'm with you, Max.  I suppose one could run up $156K bill with a fully 
painted Heritage shell and all new other bits plus the cost of the labor 
by skilled workers.  I don't understand why anyone would bother though. :-\

CR

[email-masked]

---

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:30:57 -0700

I really don't see how one could top $50K on mechanical, body and paint --
this is a simple little car, not a prewar Bugatti or 70s Lamborghini. I
imagine there is a fair amount of money in electronic gewgaws (nav system,
alarm, power accessories) and de luxe finishes (hides, carpet... but I
didn't see any woodwork), and I suppose there is more in hidden regulatory
improvements (emissions certification, crash testing). But I have to think
they are building in a 100% profit with that pricing. Nice if you can get
it.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

[email-masked]