Subject: [Mgs] MGA Radiator Duct measurement

From: "Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:47:13 +0100

Hi Guys, can someone confirm the vertical measurement of the Radiator duct
panel on a MGA for me please?

If possible taken from the underside of the shroud where the radiator mounting
panels are fixed to an extended line to the top of the duct panel.

I've replaced both inner wheel arches and the lower part of the radiator
mounting panels have rotted away leaving me no reference to compare. As a
rough measurement it looks to be about 14". The following link is an image of
the measurement required:

http://www.ccw-tools.com/uploads/mga/Radiator%20duct%20measurement.jpg

Kindest regards
Tom
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:54:54 -0500

Tom,

Measurements off my '59 are:

13 3/8" - shelf to underside of shroud ( measurement in your photo)

12 1/8" - shelf to top of metal duct in front of its mounting bracket

   9 1/8" - shelf to upper radiator mounting hole

FWIW, the front side of the duct bracket you fabircated is 3" in forward 
of the rubber bonnet buffer hole that is in the bonnet channel.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

/S//afety Fast/,

Dave W.
Burlington WI

[email-masked]