Subject: [Mgs] MGB Heater Fan 67 BGT

From: Mark <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 14:14:47 -0600

I decided to take a look at the heater fan this morning.  It makes a lot 
of noise and vibrations in the cockpit.  I have a metal squirrel cage 
that turns out to be mostly oval which is my problem.  I have tried to 
straighten it out without much luck.  I can't imagine how it got so out 
of round unless it was pried off a rusted shaft.  Moss lists only a 
plastic fan replacement, any thought on how they work compared to the 
metal fan?

Thanks
Mark
Nashville
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Lundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:06:12 -0700

They won't get out of oval, and won't rust...

On 12/07/2013 01:14 PM, Mark wrote:
> I decided to take a look at the heater fan this morning.  It makes a 
> lot of noise and vibrations in the cockpit.  I have a metal squirrel 
> cage that turns out to be mostly oval which is my problem.  I have 
> tried to straighten it out without much luck.  I can't imagine how it 
> got so out of round unless it was pried off a rusted shaft.  Moss 
> lists only a plastic fan replacement, any thought on how they work 
> compared to the metal fan?
>
> Thanks
> Mark
> Nashville

[email-masked]