Subject: [Mgs] Painted tub

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:39:14 -0600

Hello Friends,

As you may know, I had MAACO paint my TD's wings, doors, bonnet and
running boards. Those bits had enough surface rust to need
professional refinishing. Here's how the wings came out.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131211_104621.jpg

When I got everything home I realized that the new paint didn't match
the old paint that I put on the tub. The old paint didn't match the
color chart either. It was close but a bit too dark. Must have been a
mix problem - and the primer beneath the tub paint was a little
different. I already reported these facts to you but I now have
remedied the problem.

Here are a couple of pictures of the TD tub, sanded and ready for
(re)paint. I didn't  respray the part under the bonnet as the color
difference is just not that great.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131216_161654.jpg

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131216_161705.jpg

Today, I repainted the tub using DuPont Nason urethane paint supplied
by MAACO. Here's how it looks. The color match is perfect.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131217_111735.jpg

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131217_111745.jpg

I am quite pleased. By tomorrow the paint will be hard and I can begin
mounting wings and doors and things!

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]