Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 79, Issue 5

From: Glenn Schnittke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 22:22:06 -0600

Mark,

Andrew has two very good points. They can't do either. The only 
difference I've found, If my memory is as good as I think it is (HAH!) 
is that the plastic fan doesn't have the keying flat that the metal one 
does.It's not a deal breaker. I've usedboth in my '67 roadster and can't 
tell the difference. Output is about the same. I might warn against 
going to the SUPER! IMPROVED! UPGRADE! The upgradefans that the usual 
suspects are selling don't quite fit through the hole in the front of 
the heater box and the screw holes they provide don't quite match up 
with the originals. So if you have a problem with it you have to take 
the whole box out in order to remove the fanand move the mounting holes 
(at your expense). The original just slips out the front of the box, 
easy as you please.

Glenn

On 12/10/2013 1:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Andrew Lundgren<[email-masked]>
> To:[email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB Heater Fan 67 BGT
> Message-ID:<[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> They won't get out of oval, and won't rust...
>
> On 12/07/2013 01:14 PM, Mark wrote:
>> >I decided to take a look at the heater fan this morning.  It makes a
>> >lot of noise and vibrations in the cockpit.  I have a metal squirrel
>> >cage that turns out to be mostly oval which is my problem.  I have
>> >tried to straighten it out without much luck.  I can't imagine how it
>> >got so out of round unless it was pried off a rusted shaft.  Moss
>> >lists only a plastic fan replacement, any thought on how they work
>> >compared to the metal fan?
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >Mark
>> >Nashville
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]