Subject: Re: [Mgs] Painted tub

From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 07:03:03 -0600

Yes Dan, that was the earlier motif. I then surfed examples on Google images and changed my mind. Thanks for the kind words.

-------- Original message --------
From: Dan DiBiase <[email-masked]> 
Date: 12/18/2013  6:26 AM  (GMT-06:00) 
To: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>,[email-masked],"[email-masked] List" <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Painted tub 
 
Why was I thinking that you were going to have the fenders a different color - black? - from the body? Looks good....

Dan D
'65B '76B
Central NJ USA

________________________________
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked] List" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:39 PM
Subject: [Mgs] Painted tub

Hello Friends,

As you may know, I had MAACO paint my TD's wings, doors, bonnet and
running boards. Those bits had enough surface rust to need
professional refinishing. Here's how the wings came out.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131211_104621.jpg

When I got everything home I realized that the new paint didn't match
the old paint that I put on the tub. The old paint didn't match the
color chart either. It was close but a bit too dark. Must have been a
mix problem - and the primer beneath the tub paint was a little
different. I already reported these facts to you but I now have
remedied the problem.

Here are a couple of pictures of the TD tub, sanded and ready for
(re)paint. I didn'tB  respray the part under the bonnet as the color
difference is just not that great.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131216_161654.jpg

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131216_161705.jpg

Today, I repainted the tub using DuPont Nason urethane paint supplied
by MAACO. Here's how it looks. The color match is perfect.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131217_111735.jpg

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131217_111745.jpg

I am quite pleased. By tomorrow the paint will be hard and I can begin
mounting wings and doors and things!

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]