Subject: [Mgs] Floor boards

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:49:33 -0600

Hi Friends,

Today I shifted gears, so to speak. I'm sending my TD's distributor
off for repairs and recalibration. Engine tuning is on hold.

Today, I retrieved the new floorboards from storage (boot of my
honkin-big Silver Shadow) and put a coat of urethane on them. The
boards, from Moss, are made from pretty pine plywood. I don't know
anything about the product, other than its appearance, so I have to
assume that it needs waterproofing. Here's how the boards look as I
began painting.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131114_132118.jpg

Its about 50 degrees F here today so paint dries slowly - even
fast-dry urethane! Still, it was fast enough to finish the job, on
both sides.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131114_140830.jpg

The edges have also been sealed.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131114_140841.jpg

I'm going to stop at one coat because I don't really expect this car
to see rain. The metal insert at the driver's feet, is still grimy.
Its one of those parts that I didn't clean upon removal, so I have to
do so now. Tomorrow I will trial-fit the floorboards. The passenger
side is ready to go in. The driver side 'may' be ready too, but I
still need to bleed the brakes. I don't know if that's easier with the
driver-side floorboard out.

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 22:16:56 -0800

Why not use an epoxy coating on the floorboards?

Simon

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 07:02:24 -0600

Simon asked,

> Why not use an epoxy coating on the floorboards?

Perfectly good question, and implied recommendation.

Perfectly good answer: I'm cheap and already had the urethane left over from refinishing my home's front door. Its that Scottish ancestry thing again... ;-)

-rick

[email-masked]