Subject: [Mgs] TD glove box

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:29:39 -0600

Installing the glovebox door is a royal PITA! No, putting the screws
in isn't an issue. The problem is that the original rexine, or
whatever it was called, is about half as thick as the generic vinyl
upholstery material that Moss includes with the interior kit. And that
doesn't seem like much difference BUT, the glovebox opening has
upholstery all around the opening, AND the door has upholstery on both
sides. That's four thicknesses of double-thick vinyl. The fit is close
already and the added thickness exceeds the limit. The door wouldn't
close. I had to go back and trim away vinyl to make it fit. BUT, it
can be done.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131104_170623e.jpg

Best regards, my friends,

Rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]