Subject: [Mgs] TD dash assembly

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 19:08:48 -0500

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I cemented the upholstery on to the face of the TD's dash.
Today I wrapped it around the edges, into the openings and cemented on
the back. I then installed the chrome trim bands. Here's how it looked
before starting assembly - well, except for the edge trim.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131101_162904.jpg

And of course, I couldn't resist setting the big instruments in place
for a photo-op.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131101_164926.jpg

I decided to assemble the instrument panel next before working on the
glove box hinges and door. Here's how it looks sitting on the
workbench.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131101_175229e.jpg

I have new lamp bezels, and lamps, but just didn't get around to
digging them out of the parts box.

Notice the dimmer knob. It is damaged and the replacement I bought
from Moss doesn't fit. I think its time for some sculpting with J-B
Weld. More on that later.

I also spent a bunch of time working on the Volvo 1800ES. I replaced
the struts on the rear glass and rebuilt the tail lights. And just for
diversity, here how the right-rear tail light looks.

http://www.aubard.us/1800ES/20131101_140219e.jpg

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]