Subject: [Mgs] Clutch problems.

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:56:42 -0700

Have a rubber bumper B with clutch problems.  Hydraulics seem fine, 
pedal feels okay, not
great, the slave moves the lever enough that it should work.  But with 
the engine running
when you push in the clutch pedal there is an odd sort of grumbling 
noise from the clutch,
and it is obviously not working.

One possibilty I thought of after I left my friend's shop was involves 
the throwout bearing.
I didn't install this clutch, so I don't know if the retaining clips 
that hold the bearing to
the fork were new, used or properly installed.  Have any of you had one 
of these clips
fail, allowing the bearing to fall out of the yoke?  I'm wondering if 
that is a possibility.

Another possibility is the person who did the job put the disk in 
backwards.  But whatever
the problem, the gearbox has to be pulled.  I might get a bit dirty down 
at Bailey's tomorrow.

mjb.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 01:01:41 GMT

Can you describe the remains?
  Have you ideas about the cause of its demise?
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
To: MG List <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Clutch problems.
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:33:53 -0700

Wish I had thought to take my camera.  The retaining clips were fine.
The clutch disk had
not been installed backwards.  But the throwout bearing - or I should
say the remains of
the throwout bearing were a sight to see.

mjb.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]