Subject: Re: [Mgs] Wood eye?!

From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:55:22 -0600

Correct. May not be. It has been 60 years...

-------- Original message --------
From: Dan DiBiase <[email-masked]> 
Date: 11/20/2013  1:51 PM  (GMT-06:00) 
To: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>,"[email-masked] List" <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Wood eye?! 
 
Assuming it is all original..... ;-)

Dan D
'76B, '65B
Central NJ USA

________________________________
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked] List" <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>; Rui Gigante <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:47 AM
Subject: [Mgs] Wood eye?!

Hey Friends,

Just one picture for now. I found it interesting that in addition to
the plywood, the factory used just any wood they had for the seat
base. In this picture you can see that two thirds of the seat's
support frame is pine, or some other white wood, while one side of the
support is mahogany! Its just a cool quirk of the time. They used what
they had. Kinda makes one think that the white wood may be cut from
left-over pallets. Certainly looks like it.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131120_100447.jpg

The glossiness is from the wood hardener, still wet in this flash picture.

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]