Subject: [Mgs] Failed ignition lock in '70 B.

From: Andrew Lundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 18:10:20 -0700

The ignition lock in my '70 B has failed.  It wasn't turning nicely for 
quite some time.  I had to hold it all the way on and wiggle it to get 
it to start for the past few months.  Finally, the wiggling trick 
wouldn't work anymore.  I took it apart today expecting to have to 
replace the switch.  After doing so with a spare I had I found it would 
still not work.

I turned the switch manually and it started up with no problem.  I put 
the spare switch in the spare lock assembly I have and it started up 
without any problem.   So, I pulled off my ignition lock and put the 
spare lock and switch in.  Everything is working fine now.  The shaft 
that comes though the lock must not be in the right place any longer.

However, I do not want to change the key in the car.  I don't know that 
the ignition key is the original, but I also don't have any reason to 
believe it is not.  (I don't know how may owners had it before me.)

It is feasible to have the ignition lock rebuilt?  Are the rebuild parts 
available?  (I am not inclined to do this one myself.)

Thanks!
--
Andrew
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]