Subject: Re: [Mgs] Gearbox oil

From: "David F. Darby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 08:58:59 -0600

Hello Rick,

I would go with no. 2. Most dirt and particulates in there will drain out
now and then a short run-in of a few hundred miles will further flush it
out.

In fact, I've just had an even better idea. Drain, change, drive the few
hundred miles to my SW Missouri location, turn over keys and title and I'll
take it from there. Would you prefer a bus or plane ticket home? ;-)

Seriously, thanks again for posting your progress. You've done a terrific
job and it's been a real inspiration.

Cheers,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Rick Lindsay
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 7:15 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] Gearbox oil

Hello Friends,

I write this morning requesting advice.

I'm not far from starting the TD for the first time. My concern is for the
gearbox oil. Should I,

1. Change the oil now and call it 'good'?

2. Change the oil now then change again after running a bit?

3. Leave the old, clean-looking oil in place, for now?

4. Idle the box in neutral until warm, using the old oil to 'clean' the
insides, then change?

5. Some other plan?

I'm a gearbox novice. Advice appreciated.B 

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "W. David Houser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:05:15 -0500

Rick,
I echo David's thoughts and would also suggest you put out a rebuild book with
all the wonderful, never obtain anywhere else, photos you painstakingly posted
for all of us who have followed your progress. Enjoy your ride! I'll take the
first book!
Cheers,
Dave Houser

On Nov 5, 2013, at 9:58 AM, David F. Darby wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]