Subject: [Mgs] Slow progress...

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 18:21:22 -0500

Hi Friends,

Progress was slow today. Lots of other errands to run. Still, I made
some progress.

I installed the glove box and attached it to the sub-dashboard. Its
solidly attached and looks nice. I had installed a new lining earlier.

I then tested then connected the new harness to the headlight
foot-operated dip-switch. I mounted it to the side bulkhead, using new
hardware. Harness was perfect.

And speaking of hardware, I replaced the bolts holding the tub to the
uprights on the frame. I had used bolts that I had in hand, which were
too long, AND I had installed them incorrectly. Today I bought new
bolts 1/4" shorter and installed them correctly: with the bolt head on
the inside of the cockpit. Looks better and there's nothing 'pointy'
sticking into the footwell.

I next sorted out and labeled the harness wires at the dashboard. The
Moss harness is nicely done. It even includes the fog light circuit!
The only issue I have found is that the turn signal relay box wires
assume the box is mounted differently from my car. Still, an hour's
work, some solder, bulk wire and heat-shrink tubing put that right.

New tires arrived for the other project; the '73 Volvo 1800ES. I still
have to paint the wheels then get the new tires mounted. Rain is
forecast tonight and into the next couple of days, so no painting
immediately.

That's it. Happy Tuesday.

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]