Subject: [Mgs] Leaky or stuck float needle valves

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:32:20 -0400 (EDT)

I'm an MGB person and read this list regularly.  I just solved a leaky float
needle valve on a Triumph motorcycle that's plagued me for a couple years:  I
polished the valve seats with polishing compound on a q-tip in a variable
speed drill.  New needle valves and new gas too.

Steve Hughes
Gainesville, FL
73 TR6
72 B
68 GT
59 Minor

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 08:38:25 -0400
From: "Bill Snyder" <[email-masked]> wrote

Hello list. I have a 66 MGB that hasn't been driven much this year. Took it
out yesterday on a very nice Smoky Mountain day. I have two issues that
require advice. The needle valves on both carb float bowls stick
occasionally. Is there a proper way to clean or lubricate them to prevent
sticking?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]