Subject: [Mgs] Finishing Monday's work

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 17:47:59 -0500

Hello again Friends,

This afternoon I rotated the engine to TDC on #1 and verified the
camshaft was in the correct position. I then added a tiny dab of
yellow paint to the pulley and pointer, while verifying that the
pointer truly indicated precise TDC. With the cam set correctly, I
flushed the lifter bores with WD40, just to clean away any remaining
debris. I then wiped the lifter bores clean. After the bores were
cleaned, I installed the lifters, coated with assembly lube both on
their sides and the faces toward the cams. I then vacuumed out the
cylinders (again), cleaned the deck (again), and installed the head
gasket. Here's how it looked.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_170948.jpg

I then cleaned the head's mating surface and set it in place.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_171255.jpg

Tomorrow I'll torque the head to spec and install the rockers, again
with assembly lube. To stay clean until then, I just set the valve
cover in place.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_171536.jpg

First thing tomorrow I will cement gaskets on the valve cover and
lifter box cover. And while the gasket sealer sets, I'll install the
rockers and set the cold clearance to 0.015". I can then button this
puppy up!

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]