Subject: [Mgs] heavy clutch pedal all of a sudden

From: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 17:15:33 -0400

I was out for maybe an hour this afternoon and just a few miles from home the
clutch pedal suddenly became a little heavier to depress than normal, its
typically been a pretty light pedal for the past 10 years or so. Its had a new
clutch and uses silicone fluid, any ideas what to look for or try, the fluid
is full although not real new? Thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:59:57 GMT

Dave,
   If you suspect the hose, a likely culprit, you may find that unbolting the
slave cylinder makes R&R of the hose easier. And that gives opportunity to
rebuild the slave if not done when engine was out.
   I am about to undertake this myself, as my MGB slave is leaking. I will
rebuild master, slave and replace the hose in one go.
   Will get to that as soon as I deal with fisheyes in new paint in rear
fender of my TD, a problem I attribute to a leaking brake cylinder years ago.
When disassembled, it had water and rust inside. I did not know at that time
that although silicone fluid does not absorb water, water does still
accumulate in the system, so one still must bleed out a teaspoon of fluid at
each cylinder every year or so.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mgs] heavy clutch pedal all of a sudden
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 17:15:33 -0400

typically been a pretty light pedal for the past 10 years or so. Its had a
new

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]