Subject: [Mgs] A little TD work

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:17:13 -0500

Hi Friends,

Long time, no type!

Our visitors have gone home and I'm back playing in the garage. This
morning I removed the steering rack and the cross brace from the frame
'horns'. I then finished degreasing the frame and cross-member. The
years of grease were quite thick. I've cleaned and painted everything
but the suspension and integral dampers. Those have to wait a while.
Here's how the crossmember and frame looked right after painting.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_114542.jpg

While I was doing that work, the rack just waited on the garage floor.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_114546.jpg

Here's another look at the front end with the nasty, dirty suspension
bits covered with garbage bags. I can now work around the front end
without bumping into greasy bits.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_131555.jpg

Here's how it looks with the rack restored and reinstalled. The flash
makes the paint look pretty bad. In person, it looks really nice and
fresh. The oil fitting has been carefully cleaned and reinstalled,
this time with a copper sealing washer.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_140430e.jpg

Here's another look at the steering gearbox. Again, the flash makes
things look a little rough and the bare metal bits are overexposed.
Its hard to photograph black parts when using a point-n-shoot style
camera.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_140832e.jpg

And finally, here's a look at the right end of the rack, complete with
new bellows and new strap clamps. New tie-rod ends will be installed
later.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130923_150224e.jpg

In some of these pictures you can see the old lower A-arm bushings.
I'll get to those before too long. Right now, I want to reassemble the
engine but first, I need to clean the garage.

Happy Monday,  my friends,

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]