Subject: [Mgs] Continuing TD work

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:21:10 -0500

Good morning Friends,

As planned, I torqued the head nuts this morning, as per the manual
instructions. The recommended torque is 500 lb-in, which translates to
42 lb-ft - and that's what I used. I then torqued the rocker posts in
place; 30 lb-ft for the 3/8" bolts, 17 lb-ft for the 5/16" bolts. I
then bent the locking tabs up.

I next moved to the manifold side of the engine. Here are a sequence
of pictures documenting the installation.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130925_094233.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130925_094311.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130925_095249.jpg

The exhaust manifold is painted with 1500 degree silver header paint.
The intake manifold is painted red.

With the manifolds in place and the nuts snugged evenly to 17 lb-ft
torque, I moved to the rear of the head and installed the water jacket
plate.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130925_103744.jpg

Next step is the new water pump.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130925_101545.jpg

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]