Subject: Re: [Mgs] heavy clutch pedal all of a sudden

From: Barney Gaylord <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 19:04:31 -0500

Clogged hydrulic hose at the slave cylinder, maybe.

At 05:15 PM 9/15/2013 -0400, davewillner wrote:
>I was out for maybe an hour this afternoon and just a few miles from 
>home the clutch pedal suddenly became a little heavier to depress 
>than normal, its typically been a pretty light pedal for the past 10 
>years or so. Its had a new clutch and uses silicone fluid, any ideas 
>what to look for or try, the fluid is full although not real new? ....
>....
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 09:06:03 +0100

Could be the flex hose delaminating and acting as a check valve.  When was 
the clutch changed?  Did you change the flex hose at the same time?  A shame 
if not, as they are a jolly sight easier with the engine out!

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
>I was out for maybe an hour this afternoon and just a few miles from home 
>the
> clutch pedal suddenly became a little heavier to depress than normal 

[email-masked]