Subject: [Mgs] Tighten the distributor after setting the timing

From: Andrew Lundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 22:27:43 -0600

And before driving around the block.

That is all.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 07:46:49 -0400

Back in the '90s SWMBO took over my SUV and I started driving her Sirocco. I
don't remember if it was the day after I had tuned it up or not, but driving
to work I could barely press on the gas without getting all kinds of
vibration, missing, etc. So I would accelerate very slowly and if the
vibration started I would back off the throttle a little and try to
accelerate even more slowly. When I got to my office I popped the bonnet and
the distributer cap was not clipped down :-) I can't believe the thing ran
at all!

--
Stephen West-Fisher
N4IK

[email-masked]