Subject: [Mgs] Nice weather has brought out the classic cars in the UK

From: Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 09:46:33 -0700

I landed at Heathrow airport yesterday and drove to my Father's house in
the Midlands (a few miles north of Birmingham). On the way, I saw:
1. MGB -- about a '78, I think (G reg). Saw that before I had left
Heathrow.
2. Reliant Scimitar (haven't seen one of those for a long time)
3. 2 or 3  pre-war race cars. Didn't get a good look to see what they were
but could have been MGs.
4. A 3-wheeler, probably a Morgan.
5. 2 Hillman Imps. Both on the M40 near the Heritage Motor  museum.
6. Also, just past the Heritage museum,  a Clan Crusader (I think) (was
there an Imp meeting at the museum?)
7. Shelby Cobra (probably a replica).
8. Triumph Stag.
9. Healey 30000
10. 2 or 3 VW based Dune/Beach Buggies.

All were seen in the space of a few hours.

Simon
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 18:35:52 GMT

A good day for sightings.   CT MG Club had 21 MGBs and an MGA at our annual
Cinco de Mayo celebration, yesterday, (Mexican celebration day, not
Hellman's), and the leader took the pack over hill and dale for some 51 miles
from the morning rendezvous.Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Dan DiBiase <[email-masked]>
To: Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>, MGS  <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Nice weather has brought out the classic cars in the  UK
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 10:16:08 -0700 (PDT)

Wow! I don't think I've seen that variety of cars on ANY day outside of a
show... I did see a white Spitfire in North Andover, MA on
Saturday.... He
earned a toot from the Audi's horn...
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Douglas McKinnie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:18:07 -0400

>I don't know if you could get a safety sticker on one. Getting is
>smogged, fer instance.:-(

>> On another tack it's also
> noticeable how many MGFs/TFs are for sale on the
>> owners mag for less than
> #3k, one for #500 this month.
>
> Have they hit the 25-year mark yet? I wonder
> what it costs
> to ship one to the US.

MG RV8 introduced in 1992, so they hit the 25-year mark in 2017
MGF introduced in 1995, so it hits the 25-year mark in 2020

I presume that the prices for both have fallen since Australia tightened up
their restrictions on classic imports.

Here is detail on how to get the car into the USA legally. Getting it legally
registered for road use in your own state is another problem -- easier in
some
than others:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/278/~/importing-classic-or-antiq
ue-vehicles-%2F-cars-for-personal-use

Douglas

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 10:07:27 +0100

I doubt changes in Australian import rules would be the cause of the current 
low prices in the UK, they were sold new there from 1997.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/ganews?readform&make=MG&model=MGF&start=2

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]