Subject: [Mgs] Floating axle hub seals leaking

From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 21:41:07 -0600

While investigating the rear brakes on my new to me '78 B, I discovered 
that the rear castle nuts are loose (finger tight would be an 
overstatement...) and that oil has leaked out onto the shoes.

One of the screws holding the drum on was missing, two were stripped so 
badly that if they had been tightened at all then I would have had to 
drill them out and the last screw as damaged, though much less. One 
rebound strap is also torn out.

The drums look like they are in good shape and the brake pistons expand 
without issue.

I am expecting to replace the seals, the drum screws, the shoes and the 
rebound straps.  I am also considering doing the rear bearing since I am 
in there anyway.  Anything else I should do while I have it open?

--
Andrew
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]