Subject: [Mgs] The tub, she be free

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:09:06 -0500

Hello Friends,

Today I removed the TD's tub from the chassis!  I installed two angle
irons, one under each side at the mount points.  I also re-installed
the sub-facia to give lateral support there, and I also added ropes to
the heavier rear of the tub to control tilt.  Here's how it looked
once lifted clear of the hoop.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130527_125835.jpg

Once airborne, the tub rotated on the ropes but that was no issue.

I next rolled to chassis from under the tub, swept the floor and
lowered the tub to the garage floor.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130527_130140.jpg

Here's the chassis sitting over in the 'forbidden zone' (read: Nancy's
parking place).

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130527_130153.jpg

I next assembled a pair of sawhorses I purchased just for this
purpose.  I then raised the tub again, placed the horses under the tub
and lowered it onto them.  I then carefully slid the sawhorses, tub
clamped there upon, over to the storage space.  With that done, I
could roll the chassis back to the work area - all before Nancy's
catching my invasion into preordained space. :-P

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130527_143118.jpg

Next up, I just took a couple of pictures of the chassis, sans body.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130527_143247.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130527_143306.jpg

I now have a tiny bit of tub repair to complete before tackling the
really fun part - the drive train.  Woohoo!

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]