Subject: [Mgs] MGA front wheel bearing removal

From: "Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 15:25:30 +0100 cv=AUhbpHVS+xhHrj9wLCYAQoYnFLYUZdbP8UM0GmH2jwk= c=1 sm=0 a=SwtCKMz6xJQA:10 a=qJSTaHS7k8gA:10 a=1q24T72iGey717_K_oIA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=G8CGsqlvXAGRiLc_z7kA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=A2CfKYFFfDNv4iAA:21 a=HpAAvcLHHh0Zw7uRqdWCyQ==:117

Hi Guys, any tips for removing the front bearings on an MGA disk brake
please?

Normally it would be a matter of drifting the bearing out from the back but
with the spacer in the hub between the front and rear bearing I can't get a
drift in.

Is it a case of drilling the bearing cage and pulling them out with a puller?

Many thanks

Tom

1960 MGA 1600 under restoration
1965 AH3000 BJ8
1987 Mini Park Lane
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Barney Gaylord <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 12:31:38 -0500

Push carefully on the inner race spacer to push the outer bearing out 
the outboard end of the hub.  If you use a hammer, tap gently and go 
slowly, not to damage the ball race.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

At 03:25 PM 5/3/2013 +0100, Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd wrote:
>.... any tips for removing the front bearings on an MGA disk brake please?
>....

[email-masked]

---

From: "Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:16:35 +0100 cv=AUhbpHVS+xhHrj9wLCYAQoYnFLYUZdbP8UM0GmH2jwk= c=1 sm=0 a=SwtCKMz6xJQA:10 a=qJSTaHS7k8gA:10 a=ZdHmUYdYJFFZoCgz-LMA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=HErKdRCrG7GYHQBqMzkA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=y8rpFR0bs3ER8lN8:21 a=HpAAvcLHHh0Zw7uRqdWCyQ==:117

Hi guys, I've just starter to rebuild the master cylinder on the A and have
ordered a complete rebuild kit of seals etc. Over the weekend I noticed the
top gasket is different to the old one I have and questioned this with the
company I bought the kit from. They have come back to me and said that the
master cylinder I have is from an MGZA, ZB and not an MGA.

Does any one know if this was a common replacement and is it detremental in
any way apart from not being original? Are the internal seals the same?

Thanks

Tom
1960 MGA (in total rebuild)
1965 AH 3000 MKIII
1988 Mini Park Lane.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 12:00:26 +0100 cv=GaEGOwq9FwezmTggA+b6yC6zDZF2HYaK6RN/tSqdnVA= c=1 sm=0 a=SwtCKMz6xJQA:10 a=qJSTaHS7k8gA:10 a=mbZ05ln8AAAA:8 a=Y8zFLyjBAvXtl_pmarUA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=LpPnDMKVTOyet-fE:21 a=6TsAv7j6Zk106iq6:21 a=Eu4dFRxkqzYu5zFktGEA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=dyof4MUX2txBY1JN:21 a=HpAAvcLHHh0Zw7uRqdWCyQ==:117

Hi Guys, has anyone got a part number or a source for the MGA front disk
backing / dust plate similar to the following link for the MGB or will the MGB
backing plate fit the MGA?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bek072-MGB-BRAKE-DISC-BACK-PLATES-PAIR-BTB413-BTB41
2-/181123136272?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2bc7bb10

Kindest regards
Tom

1960 MGA1600

1965 AH3000 MKIII BJ8

1988 Mini Park Lane

[email-masked]