Subject: [Mgs] worn keys- suggestion

From: Pete Groh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 09:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

Over a period of time, the springs get worn out. May want to go to
a locksmith to get some springs. The early MNR lock insert used
the same key as on the GM cars. The key blank B10. The springs can
be replaced. I can provide you with the wafer sequence and direction
on how to remove the inserts.

The FA and FP lock insert, wafers are no longer available. The lock
insert for the FS keys are still maintain by locksmith since the
heavy duty cranes imported into the USA. The springs should be the same.

At car shows, look for old lock, ignition, glove box, door lock and boot
lock to get the wafers for re-keying locks.

Kind regards
Pete Groh (KeyGuy) Ellicott City MD USA
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 14:00:09 -0500

This didn't get on the list for some reason so I'm sending it again with 
an edit.
===============================================================================================================

When I bought my'69B the PO had only one key which wasn't original. The 
local lock shop came up with some blanks that worked.  One side of these 
little silver-colored keys says "Fits National."  The others side says 
"Taylor 71B."  Both ignition keys will turn the switch to Run but not to 
Start unless inserted into the lock with the smooth side up.  The key I 
got from the PO operates both the ignition & boot lock.  Never tried the 
door locks.  Why lock a convertible?

*Edit:*  The key I got from the PO looks similar to a early GM ignition 
key.  It's marked "Cole National" on one side, on the other it's marked 
"EN2."  I just tried the original in the door locks and it works, FWIW.

CR

On 5/20/2013 11:55 AM, Pete Groh wrote:
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]