Subject: [Mgs] Inspired...or shamed

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 13:14:12 -0700

...by Rick's litany of progress, I actually made an improvement on my MGB
this weekend.

Since before I owned it (at least 25 years) my 66 MGB has sported a 1973
grill. It was somewhat damaged, and recently the badge disappeared.
Saturday, I was looking at it and a light bulb went on -- somebody once gave
me a damaged Mk. 1 grill -- maybe it has a badge. A brief search in the
rafters found it.

It actually wasn't bad -- better than the 73, for the most part, except the
pot metal center post was broken. It turned out the post is interchangeable.
Some twisting to straighten the surround, and a quick swap, and I finally
had the correct grill on the B.

I think it was smiling at me...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:02:08 -0500

Congratulations! B And thank you for the kind words.

Today's update coming shortly.

-rick
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just like a BlackBerry.

-------- Original message --------
From: Max Heim <[email-masked]> 
Date: 05/13/2013  3:14 PM  (GMT-06:00) 
To: MG List <[email-masked]> 
Subject: [Mgs] Inspired...or shamed 

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]