Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB wiring harness

From: "Michael Singleton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 08:06:40 -0700

Paul;
Just looked at my '69. The harness should be long enough to extend to just
short of the bonnet latch area, ie, the middle of the grille. At that point,
the leads from each headlight, running and turn signals join in. the horn
goes to one and from there, by a sub harness, to the other horn.

Mike

Michael Singleton
Sportscars Ltd
10170  Croydon Way
Suite M
Sacramento, CA 95826
(916) 366-0330
mike@Sportscars Limited.net

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of PaulHunt73
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:36 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] MGB wiring harness

A pal has a harness for a 1969 but it seems to be for the ultra-rare
'Cyclops'
model!

The harness stops by the right-hand headlight, where there are six wires for
the lights plus two wires in a tail for the horns, there is nothing going
across the front of the car to the left-hand headlight.  He does have a
two-wire sub-harness which looks like it is for the second horn, which was
optional until 1970 so I can understand a sub-harness for that, but should
there be a sub-harness for the left-hand lighting as well?  That seems to
make no sense.

PaulH.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 13:00:55 +0100

Well that's another option I hadn't thought of, so thanks for that.  However 
the headlamp and parking/indicator light wires wouldn't reach anywhere near 
the centre of the grille on either my 73 or 75, and the parts catalogues 
I've looked at only show one headlamp sub-harness for all chrome bumper 
cars.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
> the leads from each headlight, running and turn signals join in. 

[email-masked]