Subject: Re: [Mgs] Prewar MG makes lots of damage

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 10:15:49 +0100

Rolling or actually driving?  (I know, it would need a hill to roll, and 
this is Holland ...).  I've known a couple of cases where vehicles have 
started cranking themselves along when a fault developed in the starting 
system and the driver had left it in gear.  It's one of the reasons I've 
fitted battery cut-off switches to all my cars.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
> An MG 1938 drophead coupe made a lot of damage yesterday at a big historic
> rally (over 600 people) event in the Netherlands.
>
> Without the driver the MG started to drive and went into a big partytent.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Hans Duinhoven" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 14:30:12 +0200

Driving Paul. Somehow it seems the car did not want to start initially. So
the driver went out for a look at the front of the car - I assume under the
bonnet. Suddenly the car started to drive without the driver behind the
wheel.
A passenger still was sitting in his seat, but apparently could not prevent
the damage.

So your thoughts are not far away I think.
I leave my MG always in neutral, when I'm out of the GT.
A cut-off switch is a good extra to consider...

Cheers,
Hans

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: PaulHunt73 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Verzonden: zaterdag 11 mei 2013 11:16
Aan: Hans Duinhoven; [email-masked]
Onderwerp: Re: [Mgs] Prewar MG makes lots of damage

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
> An MG 1938 drophead coupe made a lot of damage yesterday at a big 
> historic rally (over 600 people) event in the Netherlands.
>

[email-masked]