Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 72, Issue 16

From: Glenn Schnittke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 22:49:48 -0600

That's funny. In the mid-late 90's I had a 69 primrose B. I was working 
at a theater downtown Nashville and discovered that the orchestra pit 
motor control key fit the ignition. Then some years later, I was working 
in a new theater at Vanderbilt University and discovered that all the 
keys for the keyboard locks on the Steinways fit my ignition. Neither 
the glove box or fuel keys would work in the ignition. And of course my 
ignition key wouldn't unlock the pianos. I've never bothered locking the 
doors, so I wouldn't know about that.

Glenn

On 5/15/2013 12:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Max Heim<[email-masked]>
> To: MG List<[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] Replacement Keys
> Message-ID:<[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
>
> Seems plausible -- that profile matches my set. But it's not like you have
> to be too accurate. My 66 MGB came with three keys -- glovebox, gas cap,
> trunk -- all three of which work in the ignition. None of these unlock the
> doors, however.
>
> --
>
> Max Heim
> '66 MGB GHN3L76149
> If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
> it's the primer red one with chrome wires
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 21:57:24 -0700

I think my ignition lock must be pretty worn, because not only do all the
keys fit it, I can take them out while the engine is running. Occasionally
they fall out while driving, then I have to search the floor to switch off.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

[email-masked]