Subject: [Mgs] oil pressure delay question

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:23:39 -0500

I've seen the subject of delayed startup oil pressure on here which I have
been experiencing on my 65 B.   I have had to turn it over without the choke
but it takes quite awhile to build up pressure-  15 seconds or so on running.

I'm using a WIX 51374 oil filter which is the filter for an the 75-80 B and it
fits nicely with the oil cooler and adapter.

This filter has the anti drain back valve and WIX filters are supposed to be
very high quality and use a teflon drain back valve which is touted as
better.

Any other causes of a delay in oil pressure?  I thought about it just being
air in the line but the knocking precludes that.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 17:02:11 GMT

Hi Mike,
   51068 is the one I use on my 1972 18V engine.  Though an inverted spin- on,
it seems to stay filled and I get pressure on the gauge with a second or two
of start-up, even after a couple of weeks inactivity.
   Is 51374 the filter recommended by maker of the spin-on adapter?
    Causes of low pressure can be worn rod bearings, worn mains, worn rocker
bushings and shaft, but slow pressure suggests something between pickup in the
sump and delivery to the bearings--screen, pump, relief valve, filter.  For
six bucks, I would look to the filter first.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] oil pressure delay question
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:23:39 -0500

I'm using a WIX 51374 oil filter which is the filter for an the 75-80 B and
it
fits nicely with the oil cooler and adapter.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:20:19 -0400

Has the engine been rebuilt? In the rebuild gasket set there are two different oil pump gaskets.  If the wrong one is used, it doesn't cover all of the holes causing a delay in the oil pump getting suction.  The result is a delay in establishing oil pressure. 

---- Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]