Subject: Re: [Mgs] XPAG engine + gearbox weight

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 00:12:23 GMT

Rick,   Engine and gearbox have been thought to weigh approx 450, though
someone recently weighed the assembly and found it somewhat less.   500 lbs
capacity is the smallest chain hoist I have seen. It would do the job and
could be handy for picking up the lawn mower for its maintenance, unless you
move north, in which case it could pick up the snow blower for maintenance
also.   Engine lifting cranes are much easier to use. HF is currently offering
a folding one at $180, and its levelling device for $35.  Might someone in
your club have one you could borrow?Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] XPAG engine + gearbox weight
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:50:24 -0500

Hello Friends,

I'm about to buy a hoist for my garage but I don't want to buy one much bigger
than I will ever need. B This leads me to ask the weight of an XPAG engine
with gearbox attached, but otherwise stripped as per the workshop manual. B

Please advise if you know the weight, or have a good estimate. B Thank you.

-rick, in Houston.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just
like a BlackBerry.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]