Subject: Re: [Mgs] Spurned an offer [now: clutch effort]

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:42:17 -0000

Certainly you can, and reduce the travel of the release bearing at the same 
time.  But you would have to ensure that the travel was still enough to 
fully release the friction plate or you would have difficulty selecting 
gears, and it would put the biting point closer to the floor.  The ratio of 
master diameter to slave diameter is what it is for a reason.

PaulH

----- Original Message ----- 
> Hmm, I wonder... Since it's a simple hydraulic system, it should be 
> possible
> to alter the amount of effort needed to depress the clutch pedal. 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:17:45 -0000

PS.  You could reduce the distance between the pedal fulcrum and the 
push-rod to increase the leverage, but to get the same travel of the release 
bearing you would need more travel of the pedal, i.e. at rest the clutch pad 
would be higher than the brake pad, which would probably need a modification 
to the area around the pedal to allow that to happen.  My 2004 ZS 180 is 
like that, and someone came up with a modification to level the two pads for 
some reason.  No idea why, with left foot clutch and right foot accelerator 
and brake one's feet soon 'learn' the heights of each pedal, and reducing 
the travel would make the clutch heavier (assuming they retained the same 
travel at the clutch itself).

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]