Subject: [Mgs] Experiences with EBC "Greenstuff" pads?

From: Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:34:59 -0800

I recently looked at the front pads on my daughter's '71 MGB-GT
because the brakes were squealing.

The pads are EBC Greenstuff V8 pads. When I looked at the pads on the
driver's side, the surface of the pads was very rough. I haven't seen
this on brake pads before and was wondering if this is an issue with
the type of pads, or if this commonly happens?

Simon
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:13:00 -0000

No experience myself but I have read recently that the composition changed 
and the new ones, like so many other things, are not as good as they were.

Mixed opinions here http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=981045 
based on which I wouldn't buy them especially for a standard road car.

I've had squealing pads and shoes, a bigger problem on shoes as it happens. 
In the end in desperation I swapped them between the sides and since then it 
has been fine!  A smear of copper grease on the backs of the pads and shims, 
and where they contact the calliper, is usually fine for the pads.  I had a 
pair of pads on one side crumble when the calliper pistons stuck, changed 
the callipers, discs and pads in that case.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]