Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] MG PROMOTION

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:20:39 -0000

You enter your postcode into the box that initially contains the word 
'postcode' and click 'Locate Address'.  If it is a recognisable postcode it 
should list a series of house numbers for the street that postcode refers 
to.  If you enter an incorrect or unrecognisable postcode it doesn't return 
any house numbers.  I suspect it only recognises UK postcodes.  They are 
only planned to be available in the rest of Europe sometime this year, North 
America is nowhere on the radar.  If you want one I dare say I could get a 
couple and post them to you.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
>I got a promo email for the new MG, [email-masked], and I tried to 
>get a brochure but could not fathom out the form one has to fill out. 
>Nowhere did I see a place to enter ones a street and city address.  There 
>was a "Locate Address" selection but it would not accept an address.  Has 
>anyone else had this problem?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 10:08:10 -0600

Folks,

When I click on the link Barrie gave it appears to be only an email 
address.  Where does one see a form?
Dave W.

On 2/6/2013 9:11 AM, PaulHunt73 wrote:
> I don't think it's that unreasonable given that it's not available 
> outside the UK.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Barrie Robinson" <[email-masked]>
> To: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>; 
> <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:46 PM
> Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] MG PROMOTION
>
>
>>
>> Paul,
>>
>> I thought it was only the blokes in the USA who believe that the 
>> Internet only covers them and not the rest of the world - But no!  It 
>> could be that the UK has their heads in the sand too. This is typical 
>> UK marketing of which I have quite a bit of experience.
>>
>>
>>
>> At 02:20 PM 06/02/2013 +0000, PaulHunt73 wrote:
>>> You enter your postcode into the box that initially contains the 
>>> word 'postcode' and click 'Locate Address'.  If it is a recognisable 
>>> postcode it should list a series of house numbers for the street 
>>> that postcode refers to.  If you enter an incorrect or 
>>> unrecognisable postcode it doesn't return any house numbers.  I 
>>> suspect it only recognises UK postcodes.  They are only planned to 
>>> be available in the rest of Europe sometime this year, North America 
>>> is nowhere on the radar.  If you want one I dare say I could get a 
>>>> I got a promo email for the new MG, [email-masked], and I 
>>>> tried to get a brochure but could not fathom out the form one has 
>>>> to fill out. Nowhere did I see a place to enter ones a street and 
>>>> city address. There was a "Locate Address" selection but it would 
>>>> not accept an address.  Has anyone else had this problem?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Barrie
>> [email-masked]
>> 705-721-9060 

[email-masked]

---

From: Charles Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 10:09:40 -0600

Reasonable but short-sighted.  A more proactive site would have 
prominent disclaimer that it was for the UK only and offer customers 
from other areas a opportunity to register their interest.

Charles Hill

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:47:41 -0000

Yes, right, just like American sites do ...

----- Original Message ----- 

>>> Internet only covers them and not the rest of the world - 

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:51:11 -0000

Barrie said he got an email.  Presumably from that address.  Which probably 
had a link to a web page on the 'MG Motor UK Ltd' web site.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]

---

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:58:28 -0500

Paul,

With todays diarrhea of messages I cannot find the time to wade 
through all the text of messages.  I blow out the "Nigerian" emails 
telling me that some "Agency" has found that I am owed gobs of cash 
but worry that I may blow away legitimate messages for I do do some 
stuff in offshore counties. Some blasters of messages think people 
have nothing better to do than read all their stuff.  How am I 
expected to know that the MG will not be available in North America - 
which one would think would be a prime market !!  Using common sense 
and a knowledge of the world of www and emails, it would seem prudent 
of the MG whiz kids to put a prominent notice which said "Available 
in the UK only".

At 03:11 PM 2/6/2013 +0000, PaulHunt73 wrote:
>>Internet only covers them and not the rest of the world - But 
>>no!  It could be that the UK has their heads in the sand 
>>too.   This is typical UK marketing of which I have quite a bit of experience.
>>
>>
>>
>>>word 'postcode' and click 'Locate Address'.  If it is a 
>>>recognisable postcode it should list a series of house numbers for 
>>>the street that postcode refers to.  If you enter an incorrect or 
>>>be available in the rest of Europe sometime this year, North 
>>>America is nowhere on the radar.  If you want one I dare say I 
>>>could get a couple and post them to you.
>>>
>>>PaulH.
>>>
>>>>I got a promo email for the new MG, [email-masked], and 
>>>>I tried to get a brochure but could not fathom out the form one 
>>>>has to fill out. Nowhere did I see a place to enter ones a street 
>>>>and city address.  There was a "Locate Address" selection but it 
>>>>would not accept an address.  Has anyone else had this problem?
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Barrie
>>[email-masked]
>>705-721-9060

Regards

Barrie
[email-masked]
705-721-9060 

[email-masked]

---

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 12:34:25 -0500

Paul,

I look at hundreds of sites a week because I am into rowing, and 
parts for Astons.  It is amazing how bad some sites are.  One college 
rowing club pleaded for a coach for a season.   I was sort of 
interested as accommodation, food and small living expenses was 
offered.   I toyed with the idea as my wife and I could have enjoyed 
a sort of holiday - taking the MGB GT V8 there..  But there was no 
email address or postal address given.  So I had no idea where it was 
and I certainly was not going to  search for the place.   I did 
critique web sites professionally for while so I am a bit testy on 
this sort of stuff.

At 04:47 PM 2/6/2013 +0000, PaulHunt73 wrote:
>>prominent disclaimer that it was for the UK only and offer 
>>customers from other areas a opportunity to register their interest.
>>>>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

Regards

Barrie
[email-masked]
705-721-9060 

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike E <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:57:07 -0500

No, I think it's pretty much the whole English speaking world that thinks
that.

> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:46:13 -0500
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] MG PROMOTION
>
> Paul,
>
> could be that the UK has their heads in the sand too.   This is
> typical UK marketing of which I have quite a bit of experience.
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]