Subject: [Mgs] Poor start

From: Monte Jane Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:52:53 -0600

Hi all,
I've been lurking for years without a problem to research, but one has
recently cropped up.
For the past 8 years, our B sits idle 6-8 months per year. It usually
starts right up after the fuel pump fills the bowls but this year is
different.
I had to crank and crank and it flooded. I waited until the next day and
cranked for a while and then it started and ran fine. Yesterday, it was
again hard to start but ran fine on the way to town. If you turn it off for
a few minutes, it will start right up but if you let it set 10 minutes or
more it requires cranking about 3 times for 15-20 seconds each. I don't
notice the fuel pump clicking excessively when this happens (in fact, I
don't notice it clicking at all but it probably shouldn't in this short
amount of time). Once it starts, it runs fine both in town and on the
highway.
This B has always started right up with no excessive cranking. Any thoughts
where I start looking?
Thanks,
Monte

1979B, de-smogged with HIF's, carbon canisters, and a points dizzy
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]