Subject: [Mgs] Our 58 Magnette ZB will be for sale

From: James Schulte <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 21:42:02 -0500 FILETIME=[60DECB00:01CE034A]

Gang,
I hate to do this, especially with all that was done with the help of Ed
Sweeney and Ron Cobb (God rest his soul) but, I will be offering our 58
Mganette ZB for sale very soon. I want to finish a few minor tasks before
taking pictures and putting it in Hemmings. Those that have seen the car know
it is an excellent 3 of 4 on the Haggerty Insurance scale. It had won several
regional shows in Florida before I purchased it from Ron Cobb of Deltona,
Florida back in Spring of 2009. Since that purchase, it has won local shows,
won it's category at MG 2010 and taken 3rd at GT 37.  It has a 4.1 rear*, 67
MGB engine at .0030 over with the original
Magnette cam that kicks in at 3000 rpm's*, remote oil cooler*,  fog and
driving lamps*,
uprated radiator*, brake booster*, switched to negative ground*, new
wire harness*, cassette radio*, painted Steel Blue with black leather
seats trimmed in white and dark brown rugs*  We have tried to keep it's
integrity intact but add some upgrades. Ed Sweeney was able to do the stator
tube with TR 3 parts, add his steering rack bushings, fix the speedometer
cable, added Jason Green brackets which allowed for the disc brakes to be
installed, add a 4th seat belt, a proper choke, and balanced the wobbling
drive shaft, new back seat leather cushion by a local shop, Pete Cosmiddes
adjusted the carbs, Earlington Transmissions rebuilt the T 35 BW auto 3 speed
tranny, I am having the original SU fuel pump rebuilt by
[email-masked], new tires+, new battery+, BGT wipers+ What does it
need: wiper motor cleaned and lubed, The heater box needs to be put back in
and the fuel gauge needs to read more accurately, a speedometer remote drive
to coordinate the 4.1 rear with the speedometer/odometer.
I am looking for $13,999.99
That will include a new windshield w/ rubber, spare bonnet, grill, door,
bumper, original MC and drum brakes (new cylinders), and many original and new
parts in boxes such as a set of trafficators along with parts manuals,
Heritage Certificate beautiful quilt style car cover etc. I also have a line
on a Merkur 5 speed tranny if some one is interested but will not reveal that
info until after the car is sold. (-;

We plan to attend GT 38 unless Jeanne is sold before hand.

Pre-sale questions and offers welcome,
Jim
Harleysville, PA
215-802-1974 cell

Done by Ron Cobb in 20003-2004*
Done by me 2009-20012+
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]