Subject: [Healeys] Heater control tap

From: Fred Wescoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2026 11:01:45 -0400

--===============8634386461741401850==

--00000000000078df7406593f734e

Listers,

I am looking for a heater control tap for my 66 BJ8.  This is the water
shutoff valve from the block that controls the flow of water to the heater,
Moss part # 835-620.

Does anyone have one they would sell or does anyone know a source other
than Moss?

Thanks,

Fred

--00000000000078df7406593f734e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Listers,<div><br></div><div>I am looking for a heater cont=
rol tap for my 66 BJ8.=C2=A0 This is the water shutoff valve from the block=
 that controls the flow of water to the heater, Moss part # 835-620.</div><=
div><br></div><div><font color=3D"#838d97" face=3D"Lato, Helvetica, Arial, =
sans-serif">Does anyone have one they would sell or does anyone know a sour=
ce other than Moss?</font></div><div><font color=3D"#838d97" face=3D"Lato, =
Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><br></font></div><div><font color=3D"#838d97"=
 face=3D"Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">Thanks,</font></div><div><font=
 color=3D"#838d97" face=3D"Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><br></font><=
/div><div><font color=3D"#838d97" face=3D"Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-seri=
f">Fred</font></div><div class=3D"gmail-actions-toolbar" style=3D"margin:40=
px 0px 0px;display:flex;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Lato,Helvetica,Aria=
l,sans-serif;font-size:14px"></div><br class=3D"gmail-Apple-interchange-new=
line"></div>

--00000000000078df7406593f734e--

--===============8634386461741401850==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8634386461741401850==--

---

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2026 17:37:25 +0000 p4RRv7tazIW0t6WKl69qF2tUkwU1m9NVegULv6Hs9052VC5PlAA6zEO/4tJqwtKwDW1nr3Zfz/WBxEjtgkg4pxWzPgHs6D2kyHhD+9UTTl/IS0xasseIG/0I

----_NmP-2b28ffd1841102d0-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Fred-at 192 smackers I would first try to clean the valve. Take off =
the cotter (setpin) and spring and remove the handle valve. Clean al the =
debris, then assemble the two parts back together with some pumice, valve =
seating paste, maybe Pepsodent toothpaste as a final, grinding the two =
parts back and forth to bed in the two parts. Since its brass it smooths =
easily. If you can replace the spring and cotter that would be good. That =
may work to stop the leaking. Replace with a new base washer and see if =
that prevents you from opening your wallet to get some expensive, =
questionable aftermarket item. (others may not agree-worked for me on my =
100) Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: "Fred Wescoe" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "healeys" &lt;[email-masked].=
net&gt; <br>Sent: August 17, 2026 at 8:28 AM PDT <br>Subject: [Healeys] =
Heater control tap </div>
<div>Listers,
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>I am looking for a heater control tap for my 66 BJ8.&nbsp; This is the=
 water shutoff valve from the block that controls the flow of water to the =
heater, Moss part # 835-620.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Does anyone have one they would sell or does anyone know a source =
other than Moss?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Fred</div>
<div class=3D"gmail-actions-toolbar" =
style=3D"margin: 40px 0px 0px; display: flex; color: rgb(51,51,51); =
font-family: Lato,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: =
14px;">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
----_NmP-2b28ffd1841102d0-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="wp valve 1.JPG"

----_NmP-2b28ffd1841102d0-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

----_NmP-2b28ffd1841102d0-Part_1--