Subject: [Healeys] Clutch noise

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2026 17:40:36 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2140665323773836679==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01DD3001.D850AFD0"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01DD3001.D850AFD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Issue is hopefully resolved. Since I went on about it so much, I thought I'd
let you know.
Gearbox out..one of the clip/spring things holding the release bearing was
indeed half-on and half-off. (God bless the endoscope). The bearing, only 18
months old, was very worn and cracked. 
The clutch plate and its pressure plate were taken out and inspected. Fine.
Only 18 months old.
Bearing replaced with the one I took out 18 months ago which still had
plenty of meat on it. Not as if I ride on the clutch or put too many miles
on it.
Hopefully, that's it!
Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01DD3001.D850AFD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
16.0.20228.20190">
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">Issue is =
hopefully resolved. Since I went on about it so much, I thought =
I&#8217;d let you know.</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">Gearbox =
out</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT =
FACE=3D"Aptos">&#8230;.one of the clip/spring things holding the release =
bearing was indeed half-on and half-off</FONT></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">.</FONT></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"> =
<FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">(God bless the endoscope).</FONT></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"> =
<FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">The bearing, only 18 months old, was very worn and =
cracked.</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"> </SPAN></P>

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">The clutch plate =
and its pressure plate were</FONT></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"> =
<FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">ta</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">ken out =
and inspected. F</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">ine. =
Only 18 months old.</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">Bearing replaced =
with</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"> <FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">the one =
I took out 18 months ago which still had plenty of meat on it. Not as if =
I ride on the clutch or put too many miles on it.</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT =
FACE=3D"Aptos">Hopeful</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Aptos">ly, =
that&#8217;s it!</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT =
FACE=3D"Aptos">Simon</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01DD3001.D850AFD0--

--===============2140665323773836679==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2140665323773836679==--

---

From: Mike Sinclair via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2026 10:36:38 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5872421327372598034==
 boundary="------------lD2qfKrZZ8PbFViOAdqIvMEs"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------lD2qfKrZZ8PbFViOAdqIvMEs
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Well done, Simon.  A pain in the neck, but you got it right.

Mike

On 8/19/26 9:40 AM, Simon Lachlan via Healeys wrote:
>
> Issue is hopefully resolved. Since I went on about it so much, I 
> thought I’d let you know.
>
> Gearbox out….one of the clip/spring things holding the release bearing 
> was indeed half-on and half-off.(God bless the endoscope).The bearing, 
> only 18 months old, was very worn and cracked.
>
> The clutch plate and its pressure plate weretaken out and inspected. 
> Fine. Only 18 months old.
>
> Bearing replaced withthe one I took out 18 months ago which still had 
> plenty of meat on it. Not as if I ride on the clutch or put too many 
> miles on it.
>
> Hopefully, that’s it!
>
> Simon
>
>
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
--------------lD2qfKrZZ8PbFViOAdqIvMEs
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p><font face="Tahoma" size="5">Well done, Simon.  A pain in the
        neck, but you got it right.</font></p>
    <p><font face="Tahoma" size="5">Mike</font></p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/19/26 9:40 AM, Simon Lachlan via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="MS Exchange Server version 16.0.20228.20190">
      <title></title>
      <!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">Issue is
            hopefully resolved. Since I went on about it so much, I
            thought I’d let you know.</font></span></p>
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">Gearbox out</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">….one of the clip/spring
            things holding the release bearing was indeed half-on and
            half-off</font></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">.</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"> <font face="Aptos">(God bless the endoscope).</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"> <font face="Aptos">The bearing, only 18 months
            old, was very worn and cracked.</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"> </span></p>
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">The clutch
            plate and its pressure plate were</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"> <font face="Aptos">ta</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">ken out and inspected. F</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">ine. Only 18 months old.</font></span></p>
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">Bearing
            replaced with</font></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"> <font face="Aptos">the
            one I took out 18 months ago which still had plenty of meat
            on it. Not as if I ride on the clutch or put too many miles
            on it.</font></span></p>
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">Hopeful</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">ly, that’s it!</font></span></p>
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Aptos">Simon</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span></p>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------lD2qfKrZZ8PbFViOAdqIvMEs--

--===============5872421327372598034==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5872421327372598034==--