Subject: [Healeys] Heater booster fan

From: JSARCH via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2025 16:17:15 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4703522407567301580==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0215_01DBFB24.179B4DD0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0215_01DBFB24.179B4DD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The heater booster fan does not seem to blow air vary strongly. I can hear
it operating, when I stick my head under the bonnet but the fan inside seems
to be moving very slowly. As I recall, the fan seemed to blow more air than
it is now.

Any recommendations for trouble shooting the issue? Are there any repairable
or rebuildable parts inside the fan housing?

You might ask why I need the heater. The cockpit of my care is highly
insulated such that I cannot feel any transmitted heat from the tunnel
cover, the floor board above the muffler not from the firewall and it is
nice to have some heat when I drive the car on chilly nights.

TIA,

John Spaur

'62BT7

------=_NextPart_000_0215_01DBFB24.179B4DD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>The heater booster fan does not seem to blow =
air vary strongly. I can hear it operating, when I stick my head under =
the bonnet but the fan inside seems to be moving very slowly. As I =
recall, the fan seemed to blow more air than it is =
now.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Any recommendations =
for trouble shooting the issue? Are there any repairable or rebuildable =
parts inside the fan housing?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>You might ask why I =
need the heater. The cockpit of my care is highly insulated such that I =
cannot feel any transmitted heat from the tunnel cover, the floor board =
above the muffler not from the firewall and it is nice to have some heat =
when I drive the car on chilly nights.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>TIA,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>John =
Spaur<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&#8216;62BT7<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body=
></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0215_01DBFB24.179B4DD0--

--===============4703522407567301580==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4703522407567301580==--