Subject: [Healeys] Overdrve gearstick switch.

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2024 12:51:05 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4108156517432325518==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01DB126E.40941270"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01DB126E.40941270
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Does anyone know the size and thread of the so-called "switch overdrive"
(AEJ20)?
Thanks,
Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01DB126E.40941270
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
16.0.17928.20156">
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman">Does</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman"> anyone know the size and thread of the so-called &#8220;switch =
overdrive&#8221; (AEJ20)?</FONT></SPAN></P>

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman">Thanks,</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN></P>

<P DIR=3DLTR><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman">Simon</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN =
LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN><SPAN LANG=3D"en-gb"></SPAN></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01DB126E.40941270--

--===============4108156517432325518==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4108156517432325518==--

---

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2024 11:24:56 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7337173377845255233==
 boundary="------------UI1YRNVRzqMfsdqBYnQXZWqI"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------UI1YRNVRzqMfsdqBYnQXZWqI
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Simon,

Not a definitive answer I'm afraid.  I measured an aftermarket switch 
(Intermotor sold by Moss).  The outer diameter is 0.615" and the pitch 
is around 12 TPI.  I don't believe that it's a standard Whitworth - 
5/8"-11 TPI.  There is a standard metric thread around this - 16 mm  - 2 
mm. Possibly too large of a diameter (0.6299").

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar

On 9/29/24 07:51, Simon Lachlan via Healeys wrote:
>
> Doesanyone know the size and thread of the so-called “switch 
> overdrive” (AEJ20)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon
>
>
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
--------------UI1YRNVRzqMfsdqBYnQXZWqI
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Simon,</p>
    <p>Not a definitive answer I'm afraid.  I measured an aftermarket
      switch (Intermotor sold by Moss).  The outer diameter is 0.615"
      and the pitch is around 12 TPI.  I don't believe that it's a
      standard Whitworth - 5/8"-11 TPI.  There is a standard metric
      thread around this - 16 mm  - 2 mm. Possibly too large of a
      diameter (0.6299").</p>
    <p>Cheers,<br>
    </p>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">Bob Haskell
Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar</pre>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/29/24 07:51, Simon Lachlan via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="MS Exchange Server version 16.0.17928.20156">
      <title></title>
      <!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Times New Roman">Does</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"><font face="Times New Roman"> anyone know the
            size and thread of the so-called “switch overdrive” (AEJ20)?</font></span></p>
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Times New Roman">Thanks,</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span></p>
      <p dir="LTR"><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Times New Roman">Simon</font></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb"></span><span
          lang="en-gb"></span></p>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------UI1YRNVRzqMfsdqBYnQXZWqI--

--===============7337173377845255233==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7337173377845255233==--