Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 trans

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 22:06:31 +0000 kk5LJBh30EUzlVmmGQZ/TOBRPuNxgNuJ6NcvHRR9FHPCMwos1SxLa3gi2fhVQ8vNFx9FoslhYKrXUFZ/k3/YAUguUJtOOBUTjfLHX7IW4+/a+FMwq5/AaVzl 5vPSI+A398wW1F/6uWO2RQ==

--===============4262271603511199190==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Probably not all the oil will drain out completely as there is a small=
 baffle between the two. However, after you refill both thru the gearbox =
filler and check the dipstick to see it is full-drive around and then =
recheck as more will go into the OD pump area and you may have to just top =
it off with just a bit more <strong>30W Non-detergent oil</strong> that you=
 originally added. Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: "sbyers--- =
via Healeys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Reply-To: &lt;[email-masked].=
com&gt; <br>To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, "'healey list'" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: September 26, 2024 at 2:32 PM PDT =
<br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 trans <br>Don, I've always removed both =
plugs to make sure all the oil is drained out before refilling. Never =
really thought about removing just one. I usually let it drain overnight.=
<br>Steve Byers BJ8 Registry AHCA Delegate at Large Havelock, NC USA =
-----Original Message----- From: Healeys &lt;[email-masked].=
net&gt; On Behalf Of Don via Healeys Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2024 =
4:13 PM To: healey list &lt;[email-masked]&gt; Subject: [Healeys] =
BJ8 trans On a 1967 Healey 3000 with O/D I&rsquo;m changing the oil in them=
 . Can I just remove the large oil drain plug from the O/D and drain all =
the oil from the trans and O/D ? Or do I need to remove the separate drain =
plug from the transmission? Thanks , Don Sent from my iPhone =
_______________________________________________ Support Team.Net http://www=
.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.=
team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys =
[email-masked] http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys =
.rr.com _______________________________________________ Support Team.Net =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys=
 [email-masked] http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys =
harter.net</div>

--===============4262271603511199190==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4262271603511199190==--