Subject: [Healeys] too quiet

From: John Vrugtman via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 21:41:06 -0400

OK I'll bring up an recent experience I've had.  Bought an electronic 
dizzy for my 64 BJ8 and had a experienced shop install it because they 
have a dyno to help choose one of the 16 curves available.  The 
technician called me up and said the unit shorted out right after 
installation almost burning ignition wires.  BTW shop is 250 miles from 
me.  Ordered another one to be shipped to the shop.  They installed it 
and set it for program number 9.  Picked up the car and drove it towards 
home.  After about 50 miles on interstate it started to cut out 
intermittently.  Was able to stop at a convenience store, replaced the 
dizzy with the original, which worked fine and drove home.  I think I'll 
leave it as it is for now.

John
64 BJ8
Hightown, VA
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]