Subject: [Healeys] QH King Pins

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 16:57:05 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4033880829330522000==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA08F6.9E220E60"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA08F6.9E220E60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, I was browsing UK eBay the other day when I saw a King Pin set for sale
from Moss Europe.:- 

 <https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173693416361> Austin-Healey 100-4 100-6 3000 -
King pin &amp; Bush set - 1953-1968 BN1-BJ8 | eBay

Or just enter 173693416361.

This item caught my attention because, after reading Roger's book, I was
reminded that QH King Pins are hard to find and was pleased to find some at
the big Beaulieu autojumble some weeks ago. I doubted that any big suppliers
would have QH sets on their shelf and I furthermore doubted that, if they
did have them, they'd need to flog them on eBay...

Anyhow, you'll see that they're giving it a Quentin Hazell part number which
I don't think is appropriate as I suspect that it's not QH.

I queried:- "Is this a genuine Q Hazell item? Thanks"

They replied:- "QH PART NUMBER, BUT NOT BOXED IN QH PACKAGING. rEGARDS"

I replied:- "Thank you for this. But not very helpful. Is it a genuine QH
part?

They replied:-

"I dont believe so, I have no data to confirm QH we just use the part
number."

Naturally, I'm not accusing anyone, not hoping to be sued here..but I think
it's careless to say the least. Anybody got anything to add?? I suppose I'm
just curious...does Moss have form for this?

Doubt I'll pester eBay about this as I expect they'd not be too bothered.

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA08F6.9E220E60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi, I was browsing UK eBay the other day when I saw a =
King Pin set for sale from Moss Europe.:- <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173693416361"><span =
style=3D'color:blue'>Austin-Healey 100-4 100-6 3000 - King pin &amp;amp; =
Bush set - 1953-1968 BN1-BJ8 | eBay</span></a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Or just enter <span =
style=3D'color:#333333;background:white'>173693416361.<o:p></o:p></span><=
/p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#333333;background:white'>This item caught my attention =
because, after reading Roger&#8217;s book, I was reminded that QH King =
Pins are hard to find and was pleased to find some at the big Beaulieu =
autojumble some weeks ago. I doubted that any big suppliers would have =
QH sets on their shelf and I furthermore doubted that, if they did have =
them, they&#8217;d need to flog them on =
eBay&#8230;..<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyhow, =
you&#8217;ll see that they&#8217;re giving it a Quentin Hazell part =
number which I don&#8217;t think is appropriate as I suspect that =
it&#8217;s not QH.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I queried:- =
&#8220;<span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#231F2=
0'>Is this a genuine Q Hazell item? =
Thanks&#8221;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#231F2=
0'>They replied:- &#8220;</span><span style=3D'color:#231F20'>QH PART =
NUMBER, BUT NOT BOXED IN QH PACKAGING. =
rEGARDS&#8221;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#231F20'>I replied:- &#8220;Thank you for this. But not =
very helpful. Is it a genuine QH part?<o:p></o:p></span></p><table =
class=3DMsoNormalTable border=3D0 cellspacing=3D0 cellpadding=3D0 =
align=3Dleft =
style=3D'background:white;margin-left:-2.25pt;margin-right:-2.25pt'><tr><=
td valign=3Dtop style=3D'padding:0cm 0cm 0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:7.5pt;line-height:14.25pt;mso-element:frame;mso-el=
ement-wrap:around;mso-element-anchor-vertical:paragraph;mso-element-ancho=
r-horizontal:column;mso-height-rule:exactly'><span =
style=3D'color:#231F20;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB'>They =
replied:-<o:p></o:p></span></p></td></tr></table><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#231F20'>&#8220;I dont believe =
so, I have no data to confirm QH we just use the part =
number.&#8221;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#231F20'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#231F20'>Naturally, I&#8217;m not =
accusing anyone, not hoping to be sued here&#8230;.but I think =
it&#8217;s careless to say the least. Anybody got anything to add?? I =
suppose I&#8217;m just curious&#8230;..does Moss have form for =
this?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#231F20'>Doubt I&#8217;ll pester eBay about this as I =
expect they&#8217;d not be too bothered.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#231F20'>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#231F20'><br><br></span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#231F20'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA08F6.9E220E60--

--===============4033880829330522000==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4033880829330522000==--