Subject: [Healeys] Sidesccreens< AGAIN

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 13:14:11 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6011687180775179024==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0007_01D9F532.562BEEF0"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D9F532.562BEEF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I asked about fitting the felt the other day and received some useful
replies.

Now, however, I find myself somewhat puzzled. My sidescreens are correct for
the car and are - so far as I can tell - a pair. Very probably original to
the car.

(MkII BT7). 

I've stripped one side down.removed the Perspex panes, cleaned out the
tattered remains of felt, glue  etcetc and got myself to where I thought I
could start the process of fitting the new felt and rubber weather seal.

I left the other side complete for reference. Now, it seems that they are
not identical in that different lengths of felt were used in either side.
Taking the RHS, the length of felt used by someone (maybe BMC) is greater
than half of the length of new felt supplied by AH4H. Naturally, the LHS
employs less than half! 

Can anyone tell me where the felt stops and starts?

On the LHS, both panes slide, even if the front is a bit stiff. On the RHS,
the front pane didn't move at all. Admittedly, I can't see much point in the
front moving and 60+- years of accumulated gunk doesn't help. But, are both
sides supposed to slide?

Finally, the bottom of both frames contains what appears to be lengths of
pre-formed runner along which the panes slide quite happily. Of course, one
length is half as long as the other. Now, did they use pre-formed runners
originally or am I looking at exquisitely moulded felt? 

I trust that I have made myself clear?

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D9F532.562BEEF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I asked about fitting the felt the other day and =
received some useful replies.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Now, =
however, I find myself somewhat puzzled. My sidescreens are correct for =
the car and are &#8211; so far as I can tell &#8211; a pair. Very =
probably original to the car.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>(MkII =
BT7). <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ve stripped one side =
down&#8230;removed the Perspex panes, cleaned out the tattered remains =
of felt, glue &nbsp;etcetc and got myself to where I thought I could =
start the process of fitting the new felt and rubber weather =
seal.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I left the other side complete =
for reference. Now, it seems that they are not identical in that =
different lengths of felt were used in either side. Taking the RHS, the =
length of felt used by someone (maybe BMC) is greater than half of the =
length of new felt supplied by AH4H. Naturally, the LHS employs less =
than half! <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><u>Can anyone tell me =
where the felt stops and starts?<o:p></o:p></u></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On the LHS, both panes slide, even if the front is a =
bit stiff. On the RHS, the front pane didn&#8217;t move at all. =
Admittedly, I can&#8217;t see much point in the front moving and 60+- =
years of accumulated gunk doesn&#8217;t help. <u>But, are both sides =
supposed to slide?</u><b><o:p></o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Finally, the bottom of both frames contains what =
<i>appears</i> to be lengths of pre-formed runner along which the panes =
slide quite happily. Of course, one length is half as long as the other. =
<u>Now, did they use pre-formed runners originally or am I looking at =
exquisitely moulded felt?</u><b> <o:p></o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
trust that I have made myself clear?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<br><br><o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D9F532.562BEEF0--

--===============6011687180775179024==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6011687180775179024==--