Subject: [Healeys] fuel consumption

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 23:48:26 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1056938310226631071==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01D88E6E.39C1D260"
Content-Language: en-ca

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D88E6E.39C1D260
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi listers,  As you might recall, I just had the engine rebuilt on my BT7
last year.  I only have 670 miles on it so far.  My fuel consumption seems
exceptionally high.  I have just checked on one fill up, and need to repeat
to be more certain, but on the last tank I got an awful 10.1 miles to the
Imperial Gallon (14.8 miles/US gal).  I used to get about double that.

I have checked the tune on the carbs using the usual method and checked it
with a quick plug check (I have yet  to do a proper plug chop), and if
anything I think I am running a bit on the lean side.  The exhaust seems
good, just rich when the choke is on, however the engine does "hunt" a
little when at idle.  It runs beautifully otherwise.  No fuel leaks at all.

My questions:  1) what are others getting for fuel consumption? And 2) any
thoughts on how to improve it?

Thank all - Mirek

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D88E6E.39C1D260
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-CA link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hi listers,&nbsp; As you might =
recall, I just had the engine rebuilt on my BT7 last year.&nbsp; I only =
have 670 miles on it so far.&nbsp; My fuel consumption seems =
exceptionally high.&nbsp; I have just checked on one fill up, and need =
to repeat to be more certain, but on the last tank I got an awful 10.1 =
miles to the Imperial Gallon (14.8 miles/US gal).&nbsp; I used to get =
about double that.<br><br>I have checked the tune on the carbs using the =
usual method and checked it with a quick plug check (I have yet&nbsp; to =
do a proper plug chop), and if anything I think I am running a bit on =
the lean side.&nbsp; The exhaust seems good, just rich when the choke is =
on, however the engine does &#8220;hunt&#8221; a little when at =
idle.&nbsp; It runs beautifully otherwise.&nbsp; No fuel leaks at =
all.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>My questions:&nbsp; 1) what are others getting for =
fuel consumption? And 2) any thoughts on how to improve =
it?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thank all - Mirek<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D88E6E.39C1D260--

--===============1056938310226631071==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1056938310226631071==--