Subject: [Healeys] 100-6 ignition

From: Charlie Baldwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 22:20:42 -0400

What does the list recommend for replacement of ignition parts on a very 
original 100-6?

I looked at Moss' offering and they have steel core wire and Lucas caps 
to snap onto the spark plugs.  Does the steel core matter?  It doesn't 
sound like a good conductor. The bumble bee wire is copper core, but it 
doesn't look original.

The dizzy cap seems to be in good shape, so I will reuse that.

I'm figuring on using a red rotor.

Condensers have not been of good quality lately.  Moss offers Lucas, 
Intermotor, and a more expensive premium one.  Is the premium one 
better, or just more expensive?

I was also planning to use a Lucas point set, though the aftermarket set 
is 1/3 the price.  Is any of this Lucas stuff near the quality of the 
original Lucas items, and worth paying more for?  Perhaps there are 
better alternatives from other sources.

No, I don't want to use a Pertronix Igniter.

Thanks for all of your help.

Charlie

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]