Subject: [Healeys] Core plugs

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 13:56:53 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3811461266047371733==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0007_01D8703F.4BDB1850"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D8703F.4BDB1850
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

(Late MkII BT7)

My overdrive is giving me fits. More on that later.

So, with the gearbox on the floor for seemingly the 100th time, I have
access to the rear of the block.

I was wondering about replacing the 3 core plugs that become +/- accessible
when the box is out. I've done a few in my time and find it a bore but
doable. So, the question is this:-

Do these plugs rust out from the inside or the outside? These plugs look
perfect.no rust, no drips etcetc. Seems a pity to mess around with them
unless they typically can look fine from the outside but be rotting from
inside. ie a disaster waiting to happen.

I keep my coolant clean, nice and blue so I don't theenk they're suspect
from within. But what do I know?!?

You may recall that, the first time I took the box out for OD reasons, I
elected to put in a new clutch. Because I could, because it was right there
in front of me. And look where that got me! 3 times or so we put the box
back in only to discover that the kit was faulty......So, I'm a bit
cautious.

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D8703F.4BDB1850
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>(Late MkII BT7)<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My =
overdrive is giving me fits. More on that later.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>So, with the gearbox on the floor for seemingly the =
100<sup>th</sup> time, I have access to the rear of the =
block.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I was wondering about =
replacing the 3 core plugs that become +/- accessible when the box is =
out. I&#8217;ve done a few in my time and find it a bore but doable. So, =
the question is this:-<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Do these plugs =
rust out from the inside or the outside? These plugs look =
perfect&#8230;no rust, no drips etcetc. Seems a pity to mess around with =
them unless they typically can look fine from the outside but be rotting =
from inside. ie a disaster waiting to happen.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I keep my coolant clean, nice and blue so I =
don&#8217;t theenk they&#8217;re suspect from within. But what do I =
know?!?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>You may recall that, the first time I took the box out =
for OD reasons, I elected to put in a new clutch. Because I could, =
because it was right there in front of me. And look where that got me! 3 =
times or so we put the box back in only to discover that the kit was =
faulty&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..So, I&#8217;m a bit =
cautious.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D8703F.4BDB1850--

--===============3811461266047371733==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3811461266047371733==--