Subject: [Healeys] Clutch removal done.

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:02:43 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7A0CC.5E770570"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7A0CC.5E770570
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_000E_01D7A0CC.5E770570"

------=_NextPart_001_000E_01D7A0CC.5E770570
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have a most obliging friend who runs a garage about 100yds from our =
house.
I wandered down to pick his brains. He laughed when I suggested jamming =
the
engine with wood and produced a very clever little item. See attached. =
Bolts
to back plate of engine and, meshed with the flywheel, holds it still.

If I=92d had to exert a lot of pressure on the bar to start the bolts =
moving,
I think I=92d have stopped. Didn=92t want to lose a tooth.

And, yes, an impact gun was the next step.

A very clever item indeed. I=92d buy one except I hope never to do this =
job
again. (About =A313:50 on UK eBay). Hope springs eternal.

But a good result and thanks for the all the advice.=20

Simon.

=20

=20

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_001_000E_01D7A0CC.5E770570
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta name=3DGenerator =
content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have a most obliging friend who runs a garage about =
100yds from our house. I wandered down to pick his brains. He laughed =
when I suggested jamming the engine with wood and produced a very clever =
little item. See attached. Bolts to back plate of engine and, meshed =
with the flywheel, holds it still.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>If =
I&#8217;d had to exert a lot of pressure on the bar to start the bolts =
moving, I think I&#8217;d have stopped. Didn&#8217;t want to lose a =
tooth.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>And, yes, an impact gun was =
the next step.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>A very clever item =
indeed. I&#8217;d buy one except I hope never to do this job again. =
(About &pound;13:50 on UK eBay). Hope springs eternal.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>But a good result and thanks for the all the advice. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Simon.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_000E_01D7A0CC.5E770570--

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7A0CC.5E770570
	name="For Holding Flywheel 1.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="For Holding Flywheel 1.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7A0CC.5E770570
	name="For Holding Flywheel 2.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="For Holding Flywheel 2.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7A0CC.5E770570
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D7A0CC.5E770570--