Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Windshield Bolt

From: David Nock via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 19:21:08 -0700

Got it in stock. 

David Nock

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 18, 2021, at 6:56 PM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Since the List is moribund; I'll throw this out: Anyone know where to get the correct 'shouldered bolt' and screw for the driver (LHD) side windshield securing knob? The correct one is left-hand thread; but my dad didn't know that and drilled the original out. Here's the Moss replacement, which is right-hand thread:
> 
> https://mossmotors.com/bolt-shouldered-with-screw
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive
> 
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Salter via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 23:44:54 -0400

--===============7733990897233080405==

--000000000000ce354405cc50fd9a

Wait, wait, wait ... the shouldered bolt is right hand thread on both sides
however early cars were BSF thread and later cars UNF thread.
The little screw that goes into the end of the bolt to prevent the knurled
knob from being unscrewed before removing said little screw was left hand
thread.
Actually a great idea but engineeringly poor because a decent crank on the
knurled knob could fairly easily shear off the little screw.
I believe most of the repro screws use a right hand thread for the little
screw with a touch of Loctite.
Actually turned up a pair yesterday from stainless steel.

M

On Sat., Sep. 18, 2021, 9:55 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Since the List is moribund; I'll throw this out: Anyone know where to
> get the correct 'shouldered bolt' and screw for the driver (LHD) side
> windshield securing knob? The correct one is left-hand thread; but my
> dad didn't know that and drilled the original out. Here's the Moss
> replacement, which is right-hand thread:
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000ce354405cc50fd9a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Wait, wait, wait ... the shouldered bolt is right hand th=
read on both sides however early cars were BSF thread and later cars UNF th=
read.<div dir=3D"auto"><div dir=3D"auto">The little screw that goes into th=
e end of the bolt to prevent the knurled knob from being unscrewed before r=
emoving said little screw was left hand thread.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto=
">Actually a great idea but engineeringly poor because a decent crank on th=
e knurled knob could fairly easily shear off the little screw.</div><div di=
r=3D"auto">I believe most of the repro screws use a right hand thread for t=
he little screw with a touch of Loctite.</div><div dir=3D"auto">Actually tu=
rned up a pair yesterday from stainless steel.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br><=
/div><div dir=3D"auto">M</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div></div></div><br><=
div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat., Se=
p. 18, 2021, 9:55 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.=
net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmai=
l_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left=
:1ex">Since the List is moribund; I&#39;ll throw this out: Anyone know wher=
e to <br>
get the correct &#39;shouldered bolt&#39; and screw for the driver (LHD) si=
de <br>
windshield securing knob? The correct one is left-hand thread; but my <br>
dad didn&#39;t know that and drilled the original out. Here&#39;s the Moss =
<br>
replacement, which is right-hand thread:<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/bolt-shouldered-with-screw" rel=3D"norefe=
rrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/bolt-shouldered-w=
ith-screw</a><br>
_______________________________________________<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000ce354405cc50fd9a--

--===============7733990897233080405==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7733990897233080405==--

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 20:48:38 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6484215020866989870==
 boundary="------------01FCB6A0269E914FE6B92795"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------01FCB6A0269E914FE6B92795
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

re: " ... said little screw was left hand thread ..."

What he said. But, I need to replace both. BCS came through (again).

Bob

On 9/18/2021 8:44 PM, Michael Salter wrote:
> Wait, wait, wait ... the shouldered bolt is right hand thread on both 
> sides however early cars were BSF thread and later cars UNF thread.
> The little screw that goes into the end of the bolt to prevent the 
> knurled knob from being unscrewed before removing said little screw 
> was left hand thread.
> Actually a great idea but engineeringly poor because a decent crank on 
> the knurled knob could fairly easily shear off the little screw.
> I believe most of the repro screws use a right hand thread for the 
> little screw with a touch of Loctite.
> On Sat., Sep. 18, 2021, 9:55 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked] 
>
>     <https://mossmotors.com/bolt-shouldered-with-screw>
>     <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>     <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>     http://autox.team.net/archive <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>

--------------01FCB6A0269E914FE6B92795
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    re: " ... said little screw was left hand thread ..."<br>
    <br>
    What he said. But, I need to replace both. BCS came through (again).<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/18/2021 8:44 PM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAB3i7LJ6yf5pN4Vs3H=kj=xgPG4b=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">Wait, wait, wait ... the shouldered bolt is right
        hand thread on both sides however early cars were BSF thread and
        later cars UNF thread.
        <div dir="auto">
          <div dir="auto">The little screw that goes into the end of the
            bolt to prevent the knurled knob from being unscrewed before
            removing said little screw was left hand thread. </div>
          <div dir="auto">Actually a great idea but engineeringly poor
            because a decent crank on the knurled knob could fairly
            easily shear off the little screw.</div>
          <div dir="auto">I believe most of the repro screws use a right
            hand thread for the little screw with a touch of Loctite.</div>
          <div dir="auto">Actually turned up a pair yesterday from
            stainless steel.</div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">M</div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat., Sep. 18, 2021, 9:55
          p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Since the
          List is moribund; I'll throw this out: Anyone know where to <br>
          get the correct 'shouldered bolt' and screw for the driver
          (LHD) side <br>
          windshield securing knob? The correct one is left-hand thread;
          but my <br>
          dad didn't know that and drilled the original out. Here's the
          Moss <br>
          replacement, which is right-hand thread:<br>
          <br>
          <a href="https://mossmotors.com/bolt-shouldered-with-screw"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">https://mossmotors.com/bolt-shouldered-with-screw</a><br>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
          <br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------01FCB6A0269E914FE6B92795--

--===============6484215020866989870==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6484215020866989870==--