Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: Batteries and Longevity

From: Richard Collins via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:47:05 +0000

--===============4685283058982626009==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BN7PR08MB4276DCE3B001D63E9A1427F4BFA49BN7PR08MB4276namp_"

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276DCE3B001D63E9A1427F4BFA49BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276DCE3B001D63E9A1427F4BFA49BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276DCE3B001D63E9A1427F4BFA49BN7PR08MB4276namp_--

--===============4685283058982626009==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4685283058982626009==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 16:51:53 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4983588629233809553==
 boundary="------------3067B05A87EA0F509D9DDC4A"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3067B05A87EA0F509D9DDC4A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I have one of these in my BJ8. Spins it over almost like a 
gear-reduction; needs a specific type of minder (note the CCA):

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/SLI24FAGMDP?storecode=313&locationofinterest=&locationphysical=1014019&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=ecommpla&gclid=CjwKCAjwpMOIBhBAEiwAy5M6YIzQhN9NgxA03HTVsNRHD5jVGX0BNPIr5VmOIfrXchUyXbvZGu7-IRoC6ocQAvD_BwE

Deka brand is the best 'conventional' I've found (and made in the 
'States, unlike most others). All depends on how much you can to spend, 
but get sealed if you can.

Bob

On 9/24/2021 12:47 PM, Richard Collins via Healeys wrote:
>
>>>
>>> Went to shake the dust off my Healey yesterday in celebration of the 
>>> arrival of the fall arrival driving season and dang, turned over 
>>> barely once and then nada mas. Put a jump on it and off I went.
>>> Can’t complain however. The “Autocraft Silver 26-R” I’ve been using 
>>> since Oct 2008 finally gave in and passed away to battery heaven at 
>>> the ripe old age of 13 years.
>>> Gotta give thanks to using a battery tender all those years. I have 
>>> one for each of my cars. I highly recommend it. Now comes the 
>>> decision of staying conventional or switching to an AGM battery.
>>> Any opinions out there ?
>>> Regards,
>>> Richard Collins
>>> BN7 #440
>>>
>>>
>

--------------3067B05A87EA0F509D9DDC4A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    I have one of these in my BJ8. Spins it over almost like a
    gear-reduction; needs a specific type of minder (note the CCA):<br>
    <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/SLI24FAGMDP?storecode=313&amp;locationofinterest=&amp;locationphysical=1014019&amp;utm_source=google&amp;utm_medium=shopping&amp;utm_campaign=ecommpla&amp;gclid=CjwKCAjwpMOIBhBAEiwAy5M6YIzQhN9NgxA03HTVsNRHD5jVGX0BNPIr5VmOIfrXchUyXbvZGu7-IRoC6ocQAvD_BwE">https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/SLI24FAGMDP?storecode=313&amp;locationofinterest=&amp;locationphysical=1014019&amp;utm_source=google&amp;utm_medium=shopping&amp;utm_campaign=ecommpla&amp;gclid=CjwKCAjwpMOIBhBAEiwAy5M6YIzQhN9NgxA03HTVsNRHD5jVGX0BNPIr5VmOIfrXchUyXbvZGu7-IRoC6ocQAvD_BwE</a><br>
    <br>
    Deka brand is the best 'conventional' I've found (and made in the
    'States, unlike most others). All depends on how much you can to
    spend, but get sealed if you can.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/24/2021 12:47 PM, Richard Collins
      via Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr"><br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div dir="ltr">
          <div dir="ltr">
            <div dir="ltr">
              <blockquote type="cite">
                <div dir="ltr">
                  <div class="userStyles" style=" font-family: Arial;
                    font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
                    <footer class="replyforwardcontainer"><br>
                      Went to shake the dust off my Healey yesterday in
                      celebration of the arrival of the fall arrival
                      driving season and dang, turned over barely once
                      and then nada mas. Put a jump on it and off I
                      went.<br>
                      Can’t complain however. The “Autocraft Silver
                      26-R” I’ve been using since Oct 2008 finally gave
                      in and passed away to battery heaven at the ripe
                      old age of 13 years.<br>
                      Gotta give thanks to using a battery tender all
                      those years. I have one for each of my cars. I
                      highly recommend it. Now comes the decision of
                      staying conventional or switching to an AGM
                      battery.<br>
                      Any opinions out there ?<br>
                      Regards,<br>
                      Richard Collins<br>
                      BN7 #440<br>
                      <br>
                      <br>
                       </footer>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </blockquote>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3067B05A87EA0F509D9DDC4A--

--===============4983588629233809553==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4983588629233809553==--

---

From: Richard Collins via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 00:09:21 +0000

--===============5660000146876097988==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BN7PR08MB4276F63A6838FBBBFF65E640BFA59BN7PR08MB4276namp_"

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276F63A6838FBBBFF65E640BFA59BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276F63A6838FBBBFF65E640BFA59BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276F63A6838FBBBFF65E640BFA59BN7PR08MB4276namp_--

--===============5660000146876097988==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5660000146876097988==--

---

From: Richard Collins via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 18:03:15 +0000

--===============2947394227174947707==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BN7PR08MB4276CC9A026AB355631F29FBBFA69BN7PR08MB4276namp_"

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276CC9A026AB355631F29FBBFA69BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276CC9A026AB355631F29FBBFA69BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN7PR08MB4276CC9A026AB355631F29FBBFA69BN7PR08MB4276namp_--

--===============2947394227174947707==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2947394227174947707==--